PDA

View Full Version : SwePred - The Next Big Swedish Tracker?

anon
03.05.09, 18:54
With over 20 (and counting) Nordic trackers that have either willfully gone offline or removed all of their torrents, it comes as a complete surprise as to why any new torrent tracker would want to be connected with Sweden. It would appear that brand-new SwePred.org aims to be such a tracker, but it isn't without controversy. The revolution has begun - or is this just another beginning for a tracker already doomed for the same demise as its predecessors - evidently only time will tell.

SwePred - The Next Big Swedish Tracker? | FileShareFreak (http://filesharefreak.com/2009/05/02/swepred-the-next-big-swedish-tracker/)

Mihai
03.05.09, 19:04
I hope them the best and i hope they will beat the system and survive.

vDD+wR
03.05.09, 19:34
I have to admit that this is a very brave action of these guys launching a swedish tracker in those recent troubled times... Hopefully through that news they won't get too much attention.

But if this isn't just a fake tracker, then it must be a pretty good one, since only users/uploaders, who uploaded at least 500gb, from high level trackers such as SCC are allowed to join.
So, maybe one of us will get an acc there too...:tongue:

shoulder
03.05.09, 19:39
The best we can do for now is wait and see if it stays online.

Maybe it will survive and become a good or the Swedish Tracker, or it just dies.
Only time can tell us. :wink2:

anon
03.05.09, 19:40
@vDD: they're also accepting TB profile links. It should be a bit easier to "upload" 500GB there :tongue:

vDD+wR
03.05.09, 19:50
Yeah, you're right. I forgot. :rolling_eyes:

Maybe it will survive and become a good or the Swedish Tracker, or it just dies.
Only time can tell us.
Yes, we'll see what the time brings.Maybe really "the revolution begins" with this tracker. :wink:

SBfreak
03.05.09, 19:57
I hate these kind of trackers that "choose" their members carefuly.Especially because it has no torrents.

@vDD a new revolution begins with every good tracker:top:

Terminator
03.05.09, 21:51
anyone got the invite...?
i registered too there but didnt recieved the invite yet.

Se7Ven
04.05.09, 00:21
i hope the best for us and the swedish people i like this fine guys fom skandinavia

morgan
04.05.09, 01:09
anyone got the invite...?
i registered too there but didnt recieved the invite yet.

you mean you registered but didn't receive the conformation email or what :confused:

Terminator
04.05.09, 02:39
no i applied for invite but still waiting for invitation email.

alpacino
04.05.09, 04:13
I think it is a little dangerous for now, to send 'em away a link to your profile. They could do nasty things with it. So I will wait and see what happens.

Aurion
06.05.09, 15:35
I would say it not a chance for another p2p source to live peacefully in Sweden.But anyway,let's always hope for the best since Sweden is coded red among other countries in filesharing piracy after what happened to TPB.

anon
16.05.09, 19:31
Sorry for the bump.

It's not just you! http://swepred.org looks down from here.

Glad I didn't give them my profile links...

alpacino
16.05.09, 21:09
Glad I didn't give them my profile links...Me neither, it's just too risk to pass on data to something that suddenly appeared from nowhere :P

splicer
16.05.09, 21:15
I'm just not Swedish... so I had no major reason to sign up.

nextor
20.05.09, 16:41
If I'm not misstaken their only purpose was to steal others accounts but the page is down now since it's widely known.

anon
20.05.09, 18:37
If I'm not misstaken their only purpose was to steal others accounts

With just a profile link? How could they manage to do that?

And by the way, have a look at this quote from the FSF article:

topic in swepreds IRC right now: "The web site is down. Pretro has been hiding since 3rd of May, even from OP in this channel. Most likely the tracker will never open. Have a nice day!"

nextor
22.05.09, 19:46
Well, It's just what I read on another forum. Guess they were wrong then, or that quote. What do I know? :P