PDA

View Full Version : Facebook-Is it safe..???

shawshankraj
03.05.09, 02:40
I was reading in Tech Crunch that PHP code of Facebook was leaked due to which facebook had to face much criticism..
So all u guys must not share very personal photographs or information on it as any hacker can now easily gets into it!!!!!

So what do u people think about it...???Should we be much cautious now..??

DarkSaint
03.05.09, 11:15
source? post e link..

SBfreak
03.05.09, 13:49
I never use these kind of sites.They don't feel right to me.

yoco
03.05.09, 14:00
So is this facebook something like MSN messenger? I get once in a while an invite but I delete them.

splicer
03.05.09, 14:09
No, FaceBook is like MySpace; a social-networking site, whilst MSN Mesenger is instant messaging.

anon
03.05.09, 17:51
I have heard of a data loss they had quite recently. No idea about that leaked PHP code, though.

But I'm still not comfortable with spreading my personal information for everyone to see. Is that the new trend? :eek13:

kelly
03.05.09, 19:37
I have heard of a data loss they had quite recently. No idea about that leaked PHP code, though.

But I'm still not comfortable with spreading my personal information for everyone to see. Is that the new trend? :eek13:

Social networking is catching up lately & more & more people are getting hooked into it.
But one need not spread his/her personal information to everyone, it can be customized. Having said soo. no info is unleakable as evident by OP

anon
03.05.09, 19:41
But one need not spread his/her personal information to everyone, it can be customized.

Yes, that's true; but in Facebook for example, your real name is already potentially visible to everyone even if they haven't added you as a friend. And their name filter makes sure you enter your real ones, or at least something that looks like a real name :tongue:

kazuya
03.05.09, 21:11
i have facebook account but just name is right and last name false.but don't use it,don't have there any friends there

Facebook is for catching babes :biggrin: hmm if they know my account was there:rolleyes2:

anonftw
03.05.09, 21:24
I use facebook, myspace, and myyearbook, but with fake info and sometimes my real picture. I use it for social networking in P2P circles, as well as local meetups. I haven't updated them in a while, but adding someone to your fake facebook is a good way to kiss ass with a loser admin that has no friends except online ones. For the record, if the PHP has holes they have most likey been found without a leak of the Facebook source slso. Anyway, I have had no problems and I hang in some vicious online circles.

Dynamic
04.05.09, 08:46
adding someone to your fake facebook is a good way to kiss ass with a loser admin that has no friends except online ones. For the record, if the PHP has holes they have most likey been found without a leak of the Facebook source slso. Anyway, I have had no problems and I hang in some vicious online circles.

Haha! I think I need to start doing that!

I think facebook/myspace is more for people to just hang out and chat and catch up...It is kind of scary to put personal information on it though so be careful of what you put on the net...it is FOREVER!

:wink2:

alpacino
04.05.09, 09:13
Lucky me I don't feel comfortable using this kind of sh*t like facebook, orkut and so on, so I safe for the time being. :tongue:

anon
04.05.09, 15:29
It is kind of scary to put personal information on it though so be careful of what you put on the net...it is FOREVER!

That's why I never post my personal info online. The word "logged" is enough to scare me nowaways. :eek:

slikrapid
04.05.09, 17:47
agreed, you shouldn't post any personal information on the net

all this talk about protecting your privacy on the net and then comes something like facebook and many people disregard their safety and just give out their personal information :stupid: , furthermore facebook insists on it being the real info, like its some ebanking site or smth - they don't need it and they won't get it, there's too much logging going on as it is

oh yeah, and if they get pressed by some government organization to give out some information, what do you think is gonna happen :mad:

...they don't need my info and they won't get it

splicer
04.05.09, 18:02
I've never been a fan of social networking... again for the information issure. Though, I do have FaceBook because a friend moved to New Zealand, and it seemed an appropriate way to share photos and just stay in touch.

beloxy
04.05.09, 19:00
nothing is sabe in the interwebs ;/

slikrapid
04.05.09, 20:26
unles u T0P h4x0r :wink2:

xixifrank
05.05.09, 13:55
I dont have facebook because these SNS sites are full of kinds of people.
you dont know how this guy is. Maybe he pretends to be a gentleman online but a crime in real life...