PDA

View Full Version : Transmission Leecher Mod 0.13 (1.52)

.anakin.
01.05.09, 04:03
>>>>>> Transmission Leecher Mod 0.13 (1.52) <<<<<<

╔═══════════════════════════╗
Coded by:
╚═══════════════════════════╝

>>>>>> 3ddy a.k.a .anakin. <<<<<<

Supplier:

>>>>>> 3ddy a.k.a .anakin. <<<<<<

Changelog / Features:

v0.13 (1.52)
-Minor cosmetic update
-Updated to Transmission 1.52

>>>>>> No Report Leech <<<<<<
No Upload, No Download, No Complete
Shown as Leecher.

>>>>>> Report Seeder <<<<<<
Real Upload, No Download, No Complete
Shown as Seeder.

For Those of you who crave a native Linux mod.
Based on Transmission 1.52.

For Instructions on How to Compile, follow official Transmission guide. Building Transmission (http://trac.transmissionbt.com/wiki/Building)

For NSLU2(Oleg, DD-WRT) Optware users:
- Install transmission from ipkg
- Extract opt from rar to /opt on HDD. Overwrite all files.
Note: I didn't upload .ipk package file because it could not be installed due to ipkg md5sum mismatch.

Tested on RevTT, Czone

Special Thanks to anon for guidance.

shadowww
20.06.09, 17:13
Thank you very much on your effort. I would rather use this on my desktop linux machine then bloated azureus client. But seems this is not much tested on higher level trackers and can't see any any respones in this topic, kinda wierd imo O_o

I would really like to know how this compares (in terms of non detectibility from tracker staff/scripts) to shu/extreme mods.

It really looks that this is somehow unpopular, underestimated mod without good reason.

Eh ?

splicer
20.06.09, 17:22
On the basis 90% of computers run Windows, and Transmission is only for Linux/Mac, only 10% of computers could run this mod; so really it's not surprising it hasn't been tested on higher levels, because so few people can run it. I'm not saying it's a bad mod, or not worthwhile to continue updating; far from it as this is the only maintained Linux/Mac Mod there is.

For how this compares, I don't know; another user will fill you in, but on level 2 or below site you should be fine. Some level 3s may catch you, and I wouldn't recomend on level 4 or above, as they usually have decent scripts (but there are exceptions). http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=9764

shadowww
20.06.09, 19:12
On the basis 90% of computers run Windows, and Transmission is only for Linux/Mac, only 10% of computers could run this mod
Aye.. I gave some thought on this fact when i wrote my first post but didn't mentioned anything. Basically, i got your point, and i agree with it.

But still i find strange how this 10% of people who use unix based/unix like OS prefer utorrent via wine or bloated azureus written in shitty java... slow programming language that is good only for mobile phones this days imho.
What i mean and what kinda bothers me is that i found sticky tutorials for shu mod under linux on both english and german sections on this board board but hardly found any info about screwing with ratio via Transsmission or (god save) rTorrent.

I'm not some advanced programmer, i have just basic or something-above-basic (high school level) knowledge of C language but common sense tells me that modifying open source clients like rTorrent (witch is btw very high quallity bittorent client) should be considerbly easier then reverse engineering property software.

Final thought is that seems sad to me that there isn't serious linux coders around here, and that this 10% users rather use shit like Azureus then help testing teh real stuff like rTorrent and Transmission...

just my 2 cents...

anon
20.06.09, 20:28
These should work everywhere where the NoReport-Leecher and Report-Seeder uTorrent mods work.

The reason why "shit like Azureus" is mostly used is because it's been proven safe and working on every site with the right settings, apart from having an active development.

common sense tells me that modifying open source clients like rTorrent (witch is btw very high quallity bittorent client) should be considerbly easier then reverse engineering property software.

Which propietary software are you talking about? Azureus is open-source, and uTorrent mods aren't created through reverse engineering.

shadowww
20.06.09, 22:52
Alright, i'm fairly new to concept of modding bittorent clients so you must forgive me for my umm.. noobishness is the word?
Well, till now all i did was some heavy reading about bittorent protocol and its weaknesses. And all faking i did was some very simple cheating using trackers access to get info about peers IP from specific torrent.. I belive you refer to that as ghostleeching on this board.
Anyway, about azureus: don't blame me too much for naming it shit, i belive that is fairly good client for Windows but using it on Linux is kinda.. blasphemy. With all quality clients for linux around.
I understand that is easier to make mods for 1 cross-platform client and i will bear with it, as i don't have much choice. Only thing that bothers me as i noted before is lack of interest for developing mods in linux enviroment among coders/programmers.
And ye, ignore the part about property software and reverse engineering in my post.. dunno what was i thinking when i writed that. :D

anon
20.06.09, 22:54
Well, till now all i did was some heavy reading about bittorent protocol and its weaknesses. And all faking i did was some very simple cheating using trackers access to get info about peers IP from specific torrent.. I belive you refer to that as ghostleeching on this board.

I.e. editing/removing the tracker URL? Yes, that's ghostleeching.

If you want a lighter Linux client, try ghostfucker's BitThief mod. It's coded on Java, but doesn't use as much resources, and is also very fast. Your only cheating option is a download multiplier, though. A tut on how to install it is available here (http://www.sb-innovation.de/f59/linux-how-install-bitthief-13036/).

shadowww
20.06.09, 22:57
yep, removing tracker adress just after i grabbed peerlist from tracker and continuing download without reporting anything back to tracker..

edit: btw. works on what.cd.. biggest tracker level i tried that method.

anon
20.06.09, 22:58
It's a nice trick. But higher-level trackers (e.g. ScT) can detect it.

shadowww
20.06.09, 23:13
If you want a lighter Linux client, try ghostfucker's BitThief mod. It's coded on Java, but doesn't use as much resources, and is also very fast. Your only cheating option is a download multiplier, though. A tut on how to install it is available here (http://www.sb-innovation.de/f59/linux-how-install-bitthief-13036/).
Thats for sure one thing i'd like to test, just out of curiosity.. I saw both tutorial and the other topic about Bitthief and it looks promising but i dont see much use for it except maxing download speed on public trackers. I max out my dl speed on majority of private trackers with 2-3 seeders (even 1 is good if its seedbox ^^). So i would prefer something more oriented on stealth ratio faking then sth. with aggresive aproach for maxing download speed.

anon
21.06.09, 01:19
Sorry, forgot to mention you need Member status to download the mod :redface:

By the way, it's good to know ghostleeching works at What.cd.

splicer
22.06.09, 04:09
Should this not be posted on the home page under "Current Releases"?; my concern being it would not get the attention it deserves, and people who do use this Transmission mod may have missed it. I know there are only a few changes to the last one, but surely such effort deserves recognition?

anon
22.06.09, 15:23
~ Added

.anakin.
23.06.09, 00:59
wow, i came up and saw this on the front page. i was think wtf it's been weeks since i posted this.

@shadowww:
Thank for the kind words. Though i wouldn't say the client is up2date since Transmission is at version 1.72 right now but i know you meant that this version is still allowed on most trackers.
Testing it's "stealth" was never a question. As anon mentioned they are as safe as uTorrent mods, cause they use the same technique.

As far as i can see into the future the project is on hiatus.
I started this to buffer my bitmetv account using my linux based router.
Well, my account got disabled and my router is broken.

shadowww
23.06.09, 14:14
As far as i can see into the future the project is on hiatus.
I started this to buffer my bitmetv account using my linux based router.
Well, my account got disabled and my router is broken.
Uf sorry to hear this.. Your router got out of control and cheated too much or everything went as planned but your mod turned to be detectable by bithdtv scripts?

Anyway as we are bit short on linux mods now (in fact i cant see any except cross-platform azureus and aggresive bitthief) so I think best option for linux users would be to make buffer with windows machine if they dont want to use azureus on linux...

anon
23.06.09, 16:33
I think you mean BitMeTV :wink:

I'm far from being a Linux expert, but perhaps you can get the RM to run with Mono or Wine? That'd be a good way to buffer on Linux.

shadowww
23.06.09, 17:20
Yes, I see now .anakin. mentioned BitMeTV but as im member at Bit-HDTV i misread it somehow..

About RM.. i tried some day ago with nrpg release without success. Found sticky about it at nrpg forums so i tought it would be easier to try then with moofdevs original. But it gave me some errors in terminal that i cant recall now, it was something regarding mono.. but unfixable by me. I have some knowledge of linux, using it as main desktop OS for about 4-5 years (slackware distro).

btw.

mono is just replacement for .net framework while wine is a translation layer witch is actually used for running windows programs. So if you want to run RM you must have both. There is problems with that because wine is after all still IMO immature project witch doesnt always work as it should despite being developed for a more years now. I wouldnt know much about mono, because actually didnt have a reason to use it till now.

anon
23.06.09, 17:22
Thanks for the info :top:

About RM.. i tried some day ago with nrpg release without success. Found sticky about it at nrpg forums so i tought it would be easier to try then with moofdevs original. But it gave me some errors in terminal that i cant recall now, it was something regarding mono.. but unfixable by me. I have some knowledge of linux, using it as main desktop OS for about 4-5 years (slackware distro).

You could try the vanilla RM if it's possible. You'd also enjoy all the fixes that make it safer.

tarb
27.06.09, 08:29
Great stuff. I have been a mac/linux user for a very long time and have been stuck with Vuze for most mod materials. I did notice today that there is a mod of transmission at ghostleecher.com. Any of you tried this one yet? Is the method used there similar different from this mod.

I recently got banned from TheVault for using the ShuMod, I had a very good ratio from back in the day when I was using a seedbox so it sucks I threw away such a good ratio for testing out the Shu Mod. Looks like they recently upgraded their anti-leeching scripts and combined their efforts with thebox.bz, theplace.bz etc.

Anyways getting an account there is not a problem but not being caught could be a on going cat & mouse game. I do believe that a fair sharing ratio is the ideal way to go but when almost everyone on the tracker has a seedbox then it puts you at a great dis-advantage.

Anyways, I am looking for ways to get away from the resource hog i.e. Vuze (azureus) and thought this might be a good option to explore.

-tarb

.anakin.
27.06.09, 16:34
Great stuff. I have been a mac/linux user for a very long time and have been stuck with Vuze for most mod materials. I did notice today that there is a mod of transmission at ghostleecher.com. Any of you tried this one yet? Is the method used there similar different from this mod.

Well, you'd only have to go back 1 page to know this info. On an only 2 page thread, i think its the least one can expect.
Though I give the answer again:
Same as the uTorrent mods with the matching features.

anon
27.06.09, 19:03
I did notice today that there is a mod of transmission at ghostleecher.com. Any of you tried this one yet? Is the method used there similar different from this mod.

Yes, I once mentioned it in one of my posts :smile:

It's well-known that The* trackers use the same scripts, which are quite good.

tarb
27.06.09, 19:59
My apologies, I haven't explored the transmission modified client from ghostleecher.com so I didn't realize it is similar to the utorrent mods. But thanks for the confirmation.

anon
27.06.09, 20:00
No, it's these mods that are similar to the uTorrent ones. :smile:

I haven't tested GhostLeecher so I can't tell you anything.

tarb
27.06.09, 20:03
oh i see. I was responding to Anakin, i thought he was talking about the mod at gosthleecher.com but I guess he was referring to this mod ok that makes sense.

thanks for the clarification.

shadowww
28.06.09, 18:34
Well as you can probably see he made this modes so he respondes about them...

About mod from ghostleecher website, I knew about it when i did some google searching about ratio faking months ago but i didn't test it because they provide binaries only for Mac OS X witch is highly suspicious if you ask me. Transmission works on every unix-like/based system so why they didnt publish source code that i could review and compile whole code by myself on my linux machine remains a mystery for me.

anon
28.06.09, 18:51
i didn't test it because they provide binaries only for Mac OS X witch is highly suspicious if you ask me.

Perhaps it's to prevent tracker admins from viewing its source code and filtering out the mod.

shadowww
28.06.09, 19:23
I wouldn't know how mod exactly is implemented into client, and is it possible to filter it just by making adjustments in security scprits of particular tracker, but i suppose if the work (of modders) is done well there is no need to hide source code).

And also this particular .anakin.'s transmission mod is not precompiled, so your point probably fails... I suppose. :D

anon
28.06.09, 19:25
i suppose if the work (of modders) is done well there is no need to hide source code).

The only bugless program is "hello world"...

And also this particular .anakin.'s transmission mod is not precompiled, so your point probably fails... I suppose. :D

As it sends the same report as the uTorrent mods, some trackers can already detect it. :wink:

.anakin.
29.06.09, 15:01

well, it'd be quite hard to released this mod precompiled. Since i created it to be a linux mod and i think of it as a linux mod which can also be used under Mac.
It cannot be precompiled for linux.
For Mac OSX it could be, if i had a Mac :) Since i dont have one, i intend it to be distributed as source code.
so it has nothing to do with stealth.

Also about ghostleecher.com client:
I agree whith shadowww, it's a little shady to not release the source.
But what can we expect from a site (and it's owner) which starts with a PayPal donate button before any information?:)

anon
29.06.09, 20:38
Also about ghostleecher.com client:
I agree whith shadowww, it's a little shady to not release the source.
But what can we expect from a site (and it's owner) which starts with a PayPal donate button before any information?:)

Plus it's been a while it's not updated :tongue:

It would be good if someone could try it, though. I don't have a Mac either, but would like to know which specific features it has :smile:

shadowww
02.07.09, 14:19
It cannot be precompiled for linux.
Aye what i tought was that you could package it using any method to make distribution independent binariers :smile:

And as i said before, about ghostleecher.com mod: if it runs on mac it also should be able on linux and vice versa... so unfortunatly i can't test it until they release source.

.anakin.
03.07.09, 14:54
There's no distribution independent package manager:)

shadowww
04.07.09, 13:22
Of course there is. Do some googling. :P

Thus they are far from popular.

.anakin.
04.07.09, 14:43
Of course there is. Do some googling. :P

Thus they are far from popular.

Well, okay. It's not impossible its pointless.
We're so much better off :tongue::biggrin:

SuperFlo
04.07.09, 15:25
And as i said before, about ghostleecher.com mod: if it runs on mac it also should be able on linux and vice versa... so unfortunatly i can't test it until they release source.

Hey. I'm actually one of the two guy who made ghostleecher.com ... Ghostleecher was just created for fun, when we realizer how simple it was to fake your ratio and how tracker can't do anything.
Anyway, I don't think we are going to update the site, so I you need something, just ask.

Modifying your ratio (sending download()*10 instead of upload() == when download is completed, your ratio is 10 but you didn't even upload anything ;) for exemple) only needs to modify ONE single line of code in transmission.

anon
04.07.09, 18:34
Modifying your ratio (sending download()*10 instead of upload() == when download is completed, your ratio is 10 but you didn't even upload anything ;) for exemple) only needs to modify ONE single line of code in transmission.

Is that what Ghostleecher does? If so, some trackers are far from not doing anything about it.

Unregistered
05.07.09, 01:04
Is that what Ghostleecher does? If so, some trackers are far from not doing anything about it.

Yeah, actually, I had to develop a real bittorrent client for school, this is when I studied the bittorrent spectifications. And knowing them pretty well made me realize trackers can't do anything when you tell them you uploaded upload()*x instead of upload()...

I mean, the tracker doesn't see any of your uploaded data, you just tell him "hey, I just uploaded 100Mb..." using (often) a simple HTTP GET method (i.e : http://tracker.tld?upload=x&download=y)

Correct me if I'm wrong (and I would love it because I really don't see what trackers can do when you don't tell them the truth) the only thing trackers can see is that for a specific torrent they manage, total_peers_download should be equal to total_peers_upload (meaning, when you download, it's because someone upload...), if someone ghostleeched, it won't be zero, meaning someone lied about his upload or download, but how could they know who when the protocol itself is defined as it is the client who tells his ratio to the tracker who cannot verify it ??

I might miss something, you tell me ,)

anon
05.07.09, 02:08
I mean, the tracker doesn't see any of your uploaded data, you just tell him "hey, I just uploaded 100Mb..." using (often) a simple HTTP GET method (i.e : http://tracker.tld?upload=x&download=y)

But some/most private trackers have scripts that check if your reported upload is still realistic. And you can't have uploaded 1GB if you're the only leecher in the swarm, for example.

hellboy118
12.07.09, 20:31
could someone help me with which line i edit so i can have a ratio multiplier in transmission, is it "&uploaded=%" PRIu64 from below or am i on the wrong track altogether.
i really want to be able to do this so if someone could point me in the right direction it would be good.

evbuffer_add_printf( buf, "%cinfo_hash=%s"
"&peer_id=%s"
"&port=%d"
"&uploaded=%" PRIu64
"&downloaded=%" PRIu64
"&corrupt=%" PRIu64
"&left=%" PRIu64
"&compact=1"
"&numwant=%d"
"&key=%s",
strchr( ann, '?' ) ? '&' : '?',
t->escaped,
t->peer_id,
tr_sessionGetPeerPort( t->session ),
torrent->uploadedCur,
torrent->downloadedCur,
torrent->corruptCur,
tr_cpLeftUntilComplete( &torrent->completion ),
numwant,
t->key_param );

hellboy118
14.07.09, 15:53
Can AnyOne Help?

SBfreak
17.07.09, 20:32
Just installed ubuntu linux:biggrin:.It took me like 5 mins to find out how to install transmission.:rolleyes2:I was wondering when will you update because I want to try this on some high level trackers.

hellboy118
19.07.09, 18:23
could someone help me with which line i edit so i can have a ratio multiplier in transmission, is it "&uploaded=%" PRIu64 from below or am i on the wrong track altogether.
i really want to be able to do this so if someone could point me in the right direction it would be good.

evbuffer_add_printf( buf, "%cinfo_hash=%s"
"&peer_id=%s"
"&port=%d"
"&uploaded=%" PRIu64
"&downloaded=%" PRIu64
"&corrupt=%" PRIu64
"&left=%" PRIu64
"&compact=1"
"&numwant=%d"
"&key=%s",
strchr( ann, '?' ) ? '&' : '?',
t->escaped,
t->peer_id,
tr_sessionGetPeerPort( t->session ),
torrent->uploadedCur,
torrent->downloadedCur,
torrent->corruptCur,
tr_cpLeftUntilComplete( &torrent->completion ),
numwant,
t->key_param );

Its ok, i worked it out. I now have a fully working transmission with ratio multiplier.

hitman
19.07.09, 20:32
fell free to share it :biggrin:

hellboy118
19.07.09, 21:42
fell free to share it :biggrin:

I will write a guide and pm it to you so you can post it in the correct forum or do what the OP did.
Im a linux newbie and all i did what changed a part in the source and compile it, i dont know how to pack it or anything special.

Unregistered
23.07.09, 14:54
someone could help me compile the program or install os x.. thank's

anon
23.07.09, 19:25
Read this: Building ? Transmission (http://trac.transmissionbt.com/wiki/Building)

Unregistered
29.07.09, 16:11
Ok I'll try to compile it for os X but have to download Xcode about 1GB. Anyone know simillar software like uTottrent Stealh?

bizzare
01.08.09, 11:15
So im new here and i saw the newer version of this, but i cant acces it :( i really want to try some of this out but seeing im on a mac, this seems to be my only way? (correct me), and the fact that i cant use any of this until i have posted 10 times is kinda mean seeing that i have nothing to post about besides saying thanks.

Any suggestions on what i can do on a mac?

.anakin.
01.08.09, 15:01
So im new here and i saw the newer version of this, but i cant acces it :(

There's no new version of this. The "new" version, is a different mod, maintained by a different guy, and does different things. (multiplying upload vs not reporting download/upload)

Any suggestions on what i can do on a mac?

Either download Xcode and compile for mac, or use Vuze Extreme Mod. (java runs on mac too)

anon
01.08.09, 19:04
Anyone know simillar software like uTottrent Stealh?

The Faze Mod has an stealth setting. Remember all that does is not showing you in the tracker peerlist.

bizzare, are you yet another person that misunderstood the 10 posts thing? That won't give you the Member user title, read the announcement again!

woytas
01.08.09, 21:08
Sorry guys but i couldn't compile it for Mac Os X. I get error. I'm compiling from xcodeproject inside zip. Maybe some one have some clue what could be wrong. Sorry for my english.

@anon Faze mod has stealh settings but will it run on mac?

anon
22.08.09, 18:45
I just noticed your edit, lol.

@anon Faze mod has stealh settings but will it run on mac?

I don't think so, since it's an EXE. :frown: And remember all stealth does is not showing you in the tracker's peerlist!

yokohama
26.08.09, 05:34
any bad experience about this in ubuntu ?

stef157
27.08.09, 00:32
brand new version 1.74
ready for Snow Leopard (64 bits inside) :)

insane
27.08.09, 21:30
is there anyway to fake upload with this?

anon
27.08.09, 21:38
The mods can only do this:

>>>>>> No Report Leech <<<<<<
No Upload, No Download, No Complete
Shown as Leecher.

>>>>>> Report Seeder <<<<<<
Real Upload, No Download, No Complete
Shown as Seeder.

So no.

DaJinx
06.09.09, 00:21
Thanks very much for this Mod. It works much better under Linux for me than the uTorrent leecher mods do, This one actually connects to peers and downloads.

th3villain
08.09.09, 08:53
does this work on torrentleech? any experience?

anon
08.09.09, 15:12
They should work. You may get slowed speeds with the Report Seeder mod, of course.

Markusschulter
08.09.09, 19:48
There's no new version of this. The "new" version, is a different mod, maintained by a different guy, and does different things. (multiplying upload vs not reporting download/upload)

Where is the mod with the multiplying upload?
I can´t find it on this Side?
I bougth a few days Network Media Tank.
There are only Transmission running on it...

Thanks for an answer.

anon
08.09.09, 20:24
Where is the mod with the multiplying upload?
I can´t find it on this Side?

You need the Member user title to download it.

Darkshushu
14.09.09, 18:15
Auf meinem zweitrechner hab ich openSuse instaliert der mod läuft leider nicht

woytas
17.09.09, 19:12
brand new version 1.74
ready for Snow Leopard (64 bits inside) :)
So where I can find newer version 64 bit would be cool :)

Finally i managed to compile Transmission for Mac Os X. Here is a link. Enjoy!

Version for Snow Leopard:
http://b6.s3.p.quickshareit.com/files/transmission5c828.zip

Version for Leopard:
http://b1.s3.p.quickshareit.com/files/transmission10zipa58c2.zip

@michaeel
Here is a file:

http://b4.s3.p.quickshareit.com/files/sparkle_dsa_pub17a4b.pem

michaeel
18.09.09, 22:40
I compile this for Snow Leopard but i wanted this files:

/trunk/macosx/sparkle_dsa_pub.pem ? Transmission (http://trac.transmissionbt.com/browser/trunk/macosx/sparkle_dsa_pub.pem?rev=9141)

and everything will be ok :)

insane
21.09.09, 02:28
i want the new one :(, only members can download it =/

anon
21.09.09, 02:32
i want the new one :(

Then get the Member user title. It's that simple. "I want the mod" posts are useless.

michaeel
21.09.09, 21:50
sametimes i have a problems with this moded version - i have problem with connection to the tracker . Anybody has this problem?

anon
21.09.09, 21:50
Which problem? And does it happen with the official Transmission?

woytas
24.09.09, 20:54
I have no problem with this mod under Snow Leopard.

.anakin.
30.10.09, 01:06
I'm onto getting a new router so in the coming future i foresee an update.

Aarin
01.11.09, 23:45
sametimes i have a problems with this moded version - i have problem with connection to the tracker . Anybody has this problem?

Yes, me too. I cant connect to any pear and / or seeders.
I've tried with several trackers.

Butcho
02.11.09, 01:40
I guess you have the problem with the report seeder version, because some tracker can lock it that your client can't connect to other seeder if you are also a seeder. But normal you should get a connection to all leecher in the peer list.

Aarin
02.11.09, 03:08
yes, it was with that version, and probably that was the case.

Is it planned more hacks for the next version of the program?
Like a upload multiplier or so...

Instab
02.11.09, 03:33
yes, it was with that version, and probably that was the case.

Is it planned more hacks for the next version of the program?
Like a upload multiplier or so...

it is but it'll be only for members

ALT
13.12.09, 21:12
When compiled mod of last version Transmission will be available for download?

anon
13.12.09, 21:13
I don't know .anakin.'s plans, but there's a modded version by VwTE1r - it requires the Member title, though:
http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=16868

ALT
14.12.09, 17:58
I don't know .anakin.'s plans, but there's a modded version by VwTE1r - it requires the Member title, though:
http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=16868

Just interesting what so important and uniqe in modded Transmission for member-only? :)

anon
14.12.09, 18:02
Security. If the mod was public, it'd be stolen by seba.

ALT
15.12.09, 07:23
It's almost everything on this forum stolen by Seba, one less or one more wouldn't be critical :)

anon
15.12.09, 17:44
No. You're wrong. There has only been one leak from the Members area since we implemented the system, and the leaker has been long dealt with. So I'd say the scheme is working pretty well.

ALT
16.12.09, 06:27
Ok. You're right, but for example fresh Vuze and uTorrent available for everyone.
But last Transmission is "By Members Only For Members and Phuk the Seba (TM)" :)

Instab
16.12.09, 07:12
Ok. You're right, but for example fresh Vuze and uTorrent available for everyone.
But last Transmission is "By Members Only For Members and Phuk the Seba (TM)" :)

fresh vuze is members only, too. the mods that involve actual coding are not public right away.

anon
16.12.09, 18:16
VwTE1r is right. Vuze CVS cores are Members-only. Stables are made available for everyone.

ALT
17.12.09, 19:33
Sorry for theme misplace, but which mac os leecher client beside Vuze is presented for FREE download on this forum?

anon
17.12.09, 19:34
Free? We're not selling any mods :tongue:

Have a look at this:
http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=16086

The mods/tools without "[Member title required]" next to their name are "free" downloads. As you can see they greatly outnumber the amount of "restricted" ones.

ALT
18.12.09, 06:30
free TO download :smile:
That list I've already seen, but interested only Mac, not Windows version.
Will be wait while Seba get somehow something :smile:

anon
18.12.09, 18:05
Will be wait while Seba get somehow something :smile:

No comment. :eek13:

moreratio
14.01.10, 04:57
arrg, thanks for posting the sources. trying to learn how to mod, let me know if a .diff gets posted. terrific work this is

woytas
25.01.10, 22:22
Hi Guys!

Do You have access to new version of Transmission 1.76 or 1.80. I would be very greatfull.

Greatings!

anon
25.01.10, 22:22
There's a mod for the latest Transmission but it's Members-only.

moreratio
28.01.10, 03:32
Who the hell is "Seba" ? Is there any money involved doing mods? How do you guys get paid?

Edit:

Also, I'm thinking, how about a wiki to organize things out?

Instab
28.01.10, 04:17
seba is a guy who was constantly stealing the apps from here.
and there was a wiki but the interest was almost zero :frown:

moreratio
28.01.10, 04:57
seba is a guy who was constantly stealing the apps from here.
and there was a wiki but the interest was almost zero :frown:

lol, are you serious? why? :confused:

A wiki would be terrific, there's a lot of info to be tracked down and stickie posts here and there. :top:

It has to be an anonymous wiki, with no ip tracking so we don't get banned if someone wants to edit or add something :tongue:

Instab
28.01.10, 05:23
lol, are you serious? why? :confused:

don't ask me. ask the users. it's been shut down just a few weeks ago and even that hasn't been noticed :rolleyes:

It has to be an anonymous wiki, with no ip tracking so we don't get banned if someone wants to edit or add something :tongü:

the site dösn't log ips at all :wink:
anyway a wiki editable by everyone has its pros and cons. it could be restricted to users with the member title or above but in general a cheating wiki wouldn't harm i güss.
you might wanna post suggestions there Feedback - SB-Innovation - Leecher Mod Source Nr. 1 (http://www.sb-innovation.de/f135/)

moreratio
28.01.10, 06:28
Hey Instab, thanks for the suggestion, I just posted a little thread there. Should be interesting. :top:

anon
28.01.10, 17:48
Who the hell is "Seba" ?

I guess asking was faster than searching:
http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=5834

Is there any money involved doing mods? How do you guys get paid?

Get paid for what? Modding? We don't.

masster
11.02.10, 05:46
No. You're wrong. There has only been one leak from the Members area since we implemented the system, and the leaker has been long dealt with. So I'd say the scheme is working pretty well.

I'd say not. He mirrored latest release list quite successfully.
Which for non-members is bliss...

ok. don't shoot the messenger, please.
nicht schießen Kameraden !

Instab
11.02.10, 05:55
Which for non-members is bliss...

ok. don't shoot the messenger, please.
nicht schießen Kameraden !

no, this is a different app

anon
11.02.10, 18:08

Eeer... no he didn't... the only thing that got leaked since that post is Butcho's eMule mod. Which is available for everyone. :huh:

tworkemon
26.02.10, 22:17
Hmm. I tried this out but there was no gtk/gui installed? Is there a tutorial on how to run this?

Instab
26.02.10, 22:19
Hmm. I tried this out but there was no gtk/gui installed? Is there a tutorial on how to run this?

no, this is the source code. you need to know how to compile stuff to run this.

tworkemon
26.02.10, 22:29
Ohh sorry I wasn't clear. I was able to compile it following the readme. It did not however install the gtk/gui version of transmission. Maybe I forgot a configure flag or something. I will go back and look at this again over the weeken. Is this the previous versions of the "Tranmission mod 1.91" ?

anon
26.02.10, 22:30
Is this the previous versions of the "Tranmission mod 1.91" ?

No, that's made by Instab and is a different one.

Instab
26.02.10, 22:32
It did not however install the gtk/gui version of transmission. Maybe I forgot a configure flag or something.

that's why i said you need to know how to compile stuff.
but i never used this particular thing myself so i can't help much there ...

I will go back and look at this again over the weeken. Is this the previous versions of the "Tranmission mod 1.91" ?

no, this is much older and the transmission mods in the member area are precompiled for mac.

tworkemon
01.03.10, 01:24
How hard would it be to add this mod to the most current tranmssion? I guess I could look at the source modification and compare to the latest - the actual diff of real changes to the app. I have also create a Karmic binary .deb package transmission-noreport-leech-1.52 if anyone is interested I can post it. I have yet to test the functionality of this mod wanted to get more input before trying it out.

If you use this what would the "client" show up as while you are leeching ?
Basically the noreport leech makes it seem like you are not leeching/seeding?

anon
01.03.10, 01:26
If you use this what would the "client" show up as while you are leeching ?

I guess the Transmission version it's based on...

Basically the noreport leech makes it seem like you are not leeching/seeding?

Correct, you'll look like stuck at 0% with no traffic forever.

tworkemon
01.03.10, 02:39
The package I created worked. I leeched a movie successfully without it affecting my ratio U/D.

So looked at the diff of this mod againt the 1.52 version looked simple enough. But when compared to the latest 1.91 version tons of things changed within the app itself. Going to do some digging around and if time permits and knowledge gained will try to create a 1.91 version of this mod. Not sure if anyone would be interested but it gives me something to do on my spare time since the one in the members area is a binary for the mac only.

---------- Post added at 01:39 ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 ----------

Don't know if this is default or not but I just noticed that peers are still able to connect to you and grab from you. So does this hack only hide your d/u from the tracker and not peers?

Instab
01.03.10, 03:20
sure, that'd be a nice addition. especially since the mac mod has different features

woytas
01.03.10, 12:37
I would be very interested in.

tworkemon
01.03.10, 16:58
Should I begin another thread regarding a Transmission 1.91 mod if that is ok with the moderators here?

anon
01.03.10, 18:09
Don't know if this is default or not but I just noticed that peers are still able to connect to you and grab from you. So does this hack only hide your d/u from the tracker and not peers?

Correct.

We'd be delighted to host your mod, but read this first:
http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=5834