PDA

View Full Version : ip address changer.bat / using ipconfig (xp)

toxinnz
30.04.09, 01:35
I got fed up typing commands into the cmd.exe , so I made a .bat file to make the process of changing my ip address quicker and easier.

if it works for vista please leave a comment.
.................................................. .................................................. ......................
just unrar and run Quick.ip.changer.bat

follow the instructions to change your ip.

If you are using a wireless router , you might need to connect your pc directly to your modem for this to work.
"IpConfig /renew" won't work if you have a static ip address.

The code in the .bat file...............

@echo off
TITLE Quick.ip.Changer
echo __________________________________________________ ___
echo Your ip details

ipconfig
pause

echo Release old IP address
ipconfig /release
echo TURN YOUR MODEM OFF , WAIT 10sec , TURN MODEM BACK ON
echo Continue AFTER modem swithched back on
pause > nul

ipconfig /renew
echo . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
ipconfig /renew

echo .................................................. ...
echo Wait a few seconds while renewing ip and conecting to net
echo When conected.... press ANY KEY to continue...........
pause > nul
echo Your NEW ip details
ipconfig
echo Check that your ip address has changed........
echo Any key to close... And remember keep it lazy.......
pause > NUL

alpacino
30.04.09, 08:25
Just checked the rar file, seems to be like the description.

My modem renews it's ip just by powering it off and back on :confused2: I thought all modens were supposed to work like this?

toxinnz
30.04.09, 12:24
Just checked the rar file, seems to be like the description.

My modem renews it's ip just by powering it off and back on :confused2: I thought all modens were supposed to work like this?

Your modem will lease an ip address , from your isp.
This "lease" will be for a limited amount of time.
Check your network connection details , for when your lease was obtained and when it will expire.

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/7148/newbitmapimage2z.png
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/8551/newbitmapimagee.png
If you modem renews it's lease evertime it powers on . cool
But usually modems only ask when the lease is expired.

Currently my ip is leased for 5 days. I have however seen the lease time from my isp at over 2 months.
Whenever I use sites like rapidshare i don't want to wait 5days to finish dowloading.

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
30.04.09, 12:43
It will change the ip only for dynamic ip isp users i think

morgan
30.04.09, 13:08
so i already have dynamic ip

is this change the range of my ip

eg: assume that is my ip xxx.xxx.150.xxx dose the no. 150 can changes or what is going on

anon
30.04.09, 17:34
Moved (eMule Tools -> FAQ & Tutorials).

Mine doesn't. :tongue:

@toxinnz: My IP script works wonders for me and I don't even have to restart my modem, but thanks for this tool, it can be very useful. :smile:

It will change the ip only for dynamic ip isp users i think

As described inside the .bat.

eg: assume that is my ip xxx.xxx.150.xxx dose the no. 150 can changes or what is going on

Depends on the ISP. Some will change the last two numbers, some just the last one, or give you a completely different range.

Samanoske
30.04.09, 19:02
Does this refresh my DNS as well? I've tested one of these tools before, left my connection hanging with an invalid DNS, had to reboot the router anyways.

anon
30.04.09, 19:48
It doesn't, but you could add:

ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /registerdns
at the end. :smile:

SealLion
01.05.09, 01:45
This is actually really good. :smile:

I'm glad to see it's in a .bat file as I've also been kind of tired of having to place in commands in the cmd prompt.

alpacino
01.05.09, 06:06
Your modem will lease an ip address , from your isp.
This "lease" will be for a limited amount of time.
Check your network connection details , for when your lease was obtained and when it will expire.
I checked my network connection details as you described, and mine has everything but the 2 lease information. :confused:

toxinnz
01.05.09, 17:39
@toxinnz: My IP script works wonders for me and I don't even have to restart my modem, but thanks for this tool, it can be very useful. :smile:

I diddn't see your IP script . Will find it and try it. sounds cool.
__________________________________________________ _________

:top: Thanks for positive remarks everyone. :top:

I checked my network connection details as you described, and mine has everything but the 2 lease information.

don't know whats up with that ?! stumpped ?!

anon
01.05.09, 17:40
I diddn't see your IP script . Will find it and try it. sounds cool.

It's in my sig. :top:

But I think you need to have a Cable connection with a dynamic IP to use it.

morgan
01.05.09, 18:32
so if my ip changed how can i recover my old ip again

hehehe noob question

anon
01.05.09, 19:57
You could with my IP reclaim script, but I have never released it. Perhaps it's time for it to see the light :smile:

alpacino
01.05.09, 23:06
don't know whats up with that ?! stumpped ?!
That's OK, it's not a problem at all, I was just curious about this lease thing.

You could with my IP reclaim script, but I have never released it. Perhaps it's time for it to see the light
Hey anon, that seems like witchery to me! Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha. Damn! I thought that would be most impossible, ofc your previous ip can't have been taken by another user, right? Would work only on cable or DSL too?

anon
01.05.09, 23:12
Damn! I thought that would be most impossible, ofc your previous ip can't have been taken by another user, right? Would work only on cable or DSL too?

Yes, that's possible. But as long as your previous IP isn't taken you can go back.

I have only tried it in my Cable connection, maybe it works on DSL.

anon
01.05.09, 23:33
Sorry for double post. The script is attached! :biggrin:

Here's how the frontend looks:

http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=3569

Connection name is the name you've given it at "Network Connections".
IP to reclaim is the old IP you want to get back.
Default gateway is almost always the old IP, but with 1 as the last number. (As described in the UI)

Put IP Reclaim Frontend.exe and iprclaim.bat in the same folder, and run the former. Enter the necessary data and click "Run". Windows may show a balloon about "limited or null network connectivity", and a cmd window will open in the taskbar - both are normal. Let the command window run until it closes. Wait ~10 seconds and check your IP:

if you got the one you wanted, congratulations!
if you didn't, try again. If you still have the same or another address, it means the one you want to reclaim is in use. (Tip: ping the latter before running my tool. If you get a response you shouldn't even bother to try reclaiming it)

I have only tried this on my Cable line, please post feedback! It most likely won't work behind a router. I'd be specially interested to know if it does on DSL. :top:

anon
04.05.09, 23:24
Bump! Did anyone try it? :biggrin:

alpacino
05.05.09, 09:32
I still haven't tested anon, but will do tomorrow on another computer. But I think it will fail because I'm behind router. Even though, I will try and report back.

anon
05.05.09, 16:17
Thanks in advance. :top:

Being behind a router will most likely prevent the script from working, but you never know, the IP switching one worked for someone using a Linksys.

alpacino
06.05.09, 10:17
It didn't work for me :frown:, it sets the desired ip in the card one, making the internet the lan connection invalid.

anon
06.05.09, 20:28
Strange, it should set it to DHCP afterwards, so that your ISP is able to give you the IP you want to reclaim.

Have you tried setting it to DHCP manually?

alpacino
07.05.09, 08:13
Before, I tried with my manual set lan ip (it's manual due to port forwarding stuff), later I tried with lan ips set to 'automatically' and same result.

anon
07.05.09, 18:03
Then yes, it's definitely the router interfering. :frown:

downtown
12.08.09, 19:05
How does this "Lease" thing work? I have a dynamic ip with a lease of 24h/1day. I usually never have my computer going for that stretch so i guess it renews the lease for another 24h and so on and that's the reason i'm always "stuck" with the same ip. If i let my computer run for 24h, what happens then when the lease runs out?

anon
12.08.09, 19:06
If i let my computer run for 24h, what happens then when the lease runs out?

Your computer will ask for another address. This doesn't necessarily mean you'll get a different one.

cooldude10
05.06.10, 17:45
Any way for this to work with a router? Did anyone figure it out?

anon
05.06.10, 17:57
Any way for this to work with a router?

If you don't get a new IP when reconnecting your router, I don't think so.

x1lla
13.01.11, 23:35
Quoted post........

I was looking for a way which doesn't involve modem/router reset. xD
I have dynamic ip so it changes every time if I restart my modem/router, or just pull out the phone line for 30 seconds. (faster)

flux1
16.01.11, 18:35
its not better change MAC number? ( MAC is number of you card network )

use cmd->ipconfig /all and there is adress network e.g 10-00-1E-4A-87 and go to

your network ->properties and there in you card option -> configure and in advanced is "Network Adress" in Value write your mac but change last number for example if MAC is 10-00-1E-4A-87 write 10-00-1E-4A-86 then OK, and restart PC. You will see new IP

http://www.hal.trzepak.net/faq/winxp/howto_pl%20-%20content_pliki/mac01.jpg

This method you cheat with number of MAC. Provider will be see you bought new card but u dont :D

This method is for members who has static IP.

sry for bad english

anon
16.01.11, 21:31
its not better change MAC number? ( MAC is number of you card network )

This thread is for the method described. It may work for some, and not for others. For the latter group, we have other threads with different procedures - SealLion made one about MAC spoofing. :gsmile:

This method is for members who has static IP.

If you can change your IP, it's not static.

flux1
16.01.11, 22:38
If you can change your IP, it's not static.

Yes but sometimes provider "safe" your number of MAC and stay with only one IP. But if u change your netwok card your IP will be change. With this method you can cheat about change card :)

sry

Mon
25.08.22, 18:28
Sorry, this is a wild necroposting but I wonder if there's a way to get around getting new IP. My ISP provides dynamic IP but it barely ever changes even if you restart the router or reset it. I'm kinda thinking of just calling 'em and say that I'm getting DDOS'ed so I need my IP to be changed. :rolling_eyes:

anon
25.08.22, 22:16
This thread and all replies are a relic of their era. Few would have a public IPv4 address assigned directly to their computer nowadays. In any case, Rapidshare is not missed.

I'm kinda thinking of just calling 'em and say that I'm getting DDOS'ed so I need my IP to be changed. :rolling_eyes:

If you've already tried everything else... go for it.