PDA

View Full Version : Starcraft 2 (battle report)

yoco
21.04.09, 18:12
You have to watch this battle report. I love it, and can't wait for this game. :top:

YouTube - [HD] StarCraft 2 Battle Report One - Part 1/2
YouTube - [HD] StarCraft 2 Battle Report One - Part 2/2

SBfreak
21.04.09, 18:30
I love those units named colosus.I've never seen any unit like that in a strategy game that can go over high obstacles:biggrin:

Dynamic
21.04.09, 18:46
The commentators make watching these videos so exciting!

:wink2:

yoco
21.04.09, 19:45
There's also a battle report Terran vs Zerg. That one is amazing too. I'll try and find it.

The commentators make watching these videos so exciting!

:wink2:
Yea, they're great! :top:

Aurion
22.04.09, 18:25
Looks like it has more features & improvements than any other strategy game I've ever played,unfortunately,I stopped playing strategy,or can say,lost the eager to since Generals series.

yoco
22.04.09, 18:53
Here's a Zerg battle :biggrin:

YouTube - [HD] StarCraft 2 Battle Report Two - Part 1/2
YouTube - [HD] StarCraft 2 Battle Report Two - Part 2/2

Dynamic
22.04.09, 19:32
Wow, the Terran vs Zerg one is pretty good. Now, I want to play this game bad!

Although, it does seem unbalanced...seems Terran is overpowered? or is David Kim that good...

yoco
22.04.09, 22:52
You can't beat Terran :tongue:

kazuya
22.04.09, 22:57
never played starcraft but will play this one for sure.looks damn good and interesting

Se7Ven
23.04.09, 00:21
i never play any strategy games but this here i will test :top:

yoco
23.06.09, 13:12
Battle Report #3
YouTube - StarCraft 2 - Battle Report #3 Part 1/2 [720p] [HD]
YouTube - StarCraft 2 - Battle Report #3 Part 2/2 [720p] [HD]

I swear this game looks better and better with each gameplay! :top:

anon
30.06.09, 16:53
StarCraft 2 Gameplay - 6/22/09"]YT_0IRNbN14

yoco
30.06.09, 18:48
Looks really good, like all gameplays so far!

alpacino
01.07.09, 02:10
This is one of the most anticipated RTS games ever, I hope it won't be too hardware demanding :biggrin:

yoco
01.07.09, 16:09
These are the minimum system requirements. I couldn't find others

Minimum System Requirements for Starcraft 2
Processor: 1.4 Ghz Processor
Memory: 512 MB RAM
Graphics card: 128 MB RAM video card capable of Hardware TnL. DX10 is not required, but will be supported by SC2 and Blizzard are considering adding DX10 specific effects.
Pixel Shader 2.0 (Officially Confirmed)

Harddisk:
Soundcard: A DirectX-compatible 16-bit sound card.
OS: Windows Wista, Windows XP or Mac OS. (Officially Confirmed)
Connection: Access to Blizzard Entertainment's online gaming service, Battle.net, requires a low-latency, active Internet connection rated at 28.8 Kbps or faster.
Multiplayer games played over a LAN require an active connection to a TCP/IP network.

Other: Mouse and Keyboard

Breaker
01.07.09, 18:13
At the last news, there is no LAN mode :(

alpacino
02.07.09, 10:28
From the minimum specs, it seems I'll be able to play it :D

At the last news, there is no LAN mode :(
Are you sure? Where did you get this info from? An RTS game from Blizzard without LAN support would be awkward.

Multiplayer games played over a LAN require an active connection to a TCP/IP network.

slikrapid
04.07.09, 00:41
so far Blizzard won't allow LAN, only through their battle.net service

http://www.starcraft-fans.com/page/Blizzard+Responds+to+No+LAN+Support

there is a petition on the previous link, but this one is much bigger:

http://www.sb-innovation.de/f82/lan-starcraft-2-petition-13738/

yoco
04.07.09, 10:08
Not sure if petition is gonna change anything!

original-jedi
04.07.09, 13:07
when is the latest release date on this game? I love SC.

anon
04.07.09, 18:51
Have a look at this:
Starcraft II Release Date - PC (http://www.vgreleases.com/PC/ReleaseDate-121008.aspx)

slikrapid
04.07.09, 19:07
Not sure if petition is gonna change anything!

its never a sure thing, but surely better than random forum user rants - user opinions have to make a clear statement and if the publisher makes excuses or ignores such (decent) requests then he must be prepared to face the consequences (lower sales, game/multiplayer boycott and so on) - gotta hit them where it hurts --> sales/profit :klatsch_3:

btw. this goes for every field of interest: anti-p2p's, GMO's and so on :biggrin:

alpacino
04.07.09, 20:31
its never a sure thing, but surely better than random forum user rants - user opinions have to make a clear statement and if the publisher makes excuses or ignores such (decent) requests then he must be prepared to face the consequences (lower sales, game/multiplayer boycott and so on) - gotta hit them where it hurts --> sales/profit :klatsch_3:

I'm inclined not to buy the original if LAN with battle.net BS will be required. :rolling_eyes:

yoco
10.08.09, 14:23
I heard that SC 2 may be delayed until 2010! Is this true?

kozmikk
13.08.09, 17:42
ouch 2010 :mad2:, been waiting for awhile now, played the original one not too long ago, but cant really deal with the crappy graphics and low resolution so i uninstalled

SBfreak
13.08.09, 20:42
I heard that SC 2 may be delayed until 2010! Is this true?

Hope not...but I think it's for the best of all if it is delayed...
Anyway I think it will be released near X-mas.

yoco
18.08.09, 10:34
YouTube - StarCraft 2 'Old Rivals' Cinematic Trailer HD

yoco
20.10.09, 11:37
YouTube - StarCraft II Battle Report Four - Part 1
YouTube - StarCraft II Battle Report Four - Part 2

slikrapid
21.10.09, 00:11
Hope not...but I think it's for the best of all if it is delayed...
Anyway I think it will be released near X-mas.

so far it looks like a long waiting time is ahead - gamespot says Release: Q2 2010

not to mention the splitting into 3 parts :rolleyes:

yoco
21.10.09, 11:54
What do you mean splitting into 3 parts?

slikrapid
21.10.09, 21:31
What do you mean splitting into 3 parts?

here's one site about it, but you can check google too

http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2008/10/11/starcraft-2-split-into-three-parts-terran-wings-of-liberty-zerg-heart-of-the-swarm-and-protoss-legacy-of-the-void.htm

yoco
22.10.09, 12:26
WTF??? So this means I'm gonna have to buy Starcraft II three times if I wanna play all races?

slikrapid
22.10.09, 17:06
WTF??? So this means I'm gonna have to buy Starcraft II three times if I wanna play all races?

well, there is this other possibility thats like free khm, khm, :wink:

we shouldn't be too surprised about this episode-type-of-games - it has been sort of a new trend lately (half life 2, sam & max), maybe its even a logical development since they can create more game contents during a longer period of time, but it may also cost up to 3 times the usual price of a game...anyways, i'm not complaining if it'll be a 3 times longer gameplay :wishful thinking:

yoco
22.10.09, 19:09
well, there is this other possibility thats like free khm, khm, :wink:

That's true, but I wanna buy it cuz of battle.net :smile:

Helios
24.10.09, 06:10
I was annoyed at first when i read the news that it would be split into 3 parts. But what you must realise is, you can still play all 3 races in multiplayer/skirmish. Its just the single player that you can't play for all 3 races, in saying that though, the singleplayer campaign will now consist of some 30 missions. These missions are quite comprehensive and you can choose to do some and not others, buy / research specific units etc. The single player setup overall looks amazing, you should check out some of the campaign videos :).

Now if only they would get into beta already, its been months :(. They appear to be focusing on the next WoW expansion at the moment....figures.

kazuya
23.02.10, 16:23
i think there is a multiplayer beta available for download,I saw some on Blackats and a crack i think,if you wanna you can try it out...

SBfreak
24.02.10, 16:12
The probability that it will actually work is pretty low.

saebrtooth
25.02.10, 05:42
the would be low maybe cos blizzard may easily detect it somehow.

Unless Blizzard is leaving out massive amounts of code from one version to another, meaning essentially the are all te same, Just like Windows vers but just need a key to unlock, then its just a matter of time when they are cracked.

yoco
25.04.10, 08:49
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-5hcv-gUyM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRgSZZDcSGQ

SBfreak
25.04.10, 20:57
Awesome cutscene.
The three great representatives.
Kerigan,that human I forgot his name and Zeratul.

slikrapid
25.04.10, 22:44
@SBfreak:
that would be Raynor

otherwise, sc2 is looking good, nice graphics, maybe even too much of it (including the effects), hurting visibility & overview of the units

saebrtooth
26.04.10, 01:50
Im sure u'll be able to tone down any of the multitude of graphics thru the settings
YES RTS FTW

yoco
07.05.10, 10:22
YouTube - Starcraft 2 (Wings of Liberty) - Game Trailer

yoco
19.07.10, 11:58
Hey guys, could these system requirements be right?

PC Minimum System Requirements*:

* Windows® XP/Windows Vista®/Windows® 7 (Updated with the latest Service Packs) with DirectX® 9.0c
* 2.6 GHz Pentium® IV or equivalent AMD Athlon® processor
* 128 MB PCIe NVIDIA® GeForce® 6600 GT or ATI Radeon® 9800 PRO video card or better
* 12 GB available HD space
* 1 GB RAM (1.5 GB required for Windows Vista®/Windows® 7 users)
* DVD-ROM drive
* Broadband Internet connection
* 1024X720 minimum display resolution

PC Recommended System Requirements:

* Windows Vista®/Windows® 7
* Dual Core 2.4Ghz Processor
* 2 GB RAM
* 512 MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800 GTX or ATI Radeon® HD 3870 or better

*Note: Due to potential programming changes, the Minimum System Requirements for this game may change over time.

SBfreak
19.07.10, 13:04
Yeah.I played the beta and starcraft II ran flawlessly on my machine.
I was expecting it to lag like shit.

yoco
19.07.10, 17:10
Holy s*it, then that means my old PC can play this :D
Best news ever :D

aaa7789
23.07.10, 05:18
in my country star craft is best of best game
so i really interested in this

yoco
23.07.10, 15:27
Is anyone gonna buy a special edition? I read you get a lot of stuff in it. Including first Starcraft game and a soundtrack plus other things.

SBfreak
23.07.10, 19:03
I don't think Ima buy the game at all.It will probably be available cracked on torrents before it hits the stores in Romania:lol:

yoco
23.07.10, 20:06
Yea, I know that game will be on trackers, but still something inside me want's me to buy it. And I just saw the price. It's 100 €!

cheatos
23.07.10, 20:21
I'm thinking of buying it as well :smile:,
but before i do that, i will wait for patches to fix the game bugs
Also i'd better buy it as an AIO with expansions and other stuff with a discount.

slikrapid
23.07.10, 21:40
would you people boycott it (ie. refuse to buy) if they don't include LAN multiplayer (battlenet only)?

cheatos
23.07.10, 22:03
would you people boycott it (ie. refuse to buy) if they don't include LAN multiplayer (battlenet only)?

Don't gamers always say the same thing over and over again?, did it ever work?
Has Activision released Modern Warfare 2 dedicated servers?

Blizzard..., they just don't give a damn because they know people die for a blizzard title,
simply because ALL blizzard games are amazing and this is a fact :lol:
each blizzard game lasts long(very) and you never get bored of it, example: i played Diablo II 4 times already, i also have a character at battle.net. its been always fun.

Now answering your question,
I'll talk about myself, No, I don't think i will boycott them,
but buying the game late for a lower price is boycotting? no ? :smile:

Anyway LAN for me isn't that great, i can't do it (a lot) at my house nor in gaming cafe's, so removing LAN isn't a problem for me or at least not a problem any more..
in fact i don't want a cracked copy, i like to take it online and pwn people from around the globe 8)

SCII beta is amazing and i expect no less for the full game :smile:

age of empires 3 online >>> aoe3 in lan
yes i have aoe3 legal :D

PS: can't wait for Diablo 3 ;)

Sazzy
23.07.10, 22:08

tbh, rather than refusing to buy, ppl should refuse to play.
Downloading and then playing 50 hours on it and refusing to buy because you didn't like what they did is a bit biased :D (though im talking in general, not about you)

SBfreak
23.07.10, 22:16

Remember vthe L4D2 boycott.The leaders got a prereleased version of the game and abandoned the boycott:lol:

fakeking
24.07.10, 13:52
Remember vthe L4D2 boycott.The leaders got a prereleased version of the game and abandoned the boycott:lol:

:lol: Nice move from Valve. But that's valve, sbf (they tend to more care about customer not Activision-Blizzard)

yoco
24.07.10, 14:59
You guys think this Collectors Edition will be available only for short period of time?

saebrtooth
24.07.10, 15:56
usually collectors edition will only be officially avaliable for a limited time

SBfreak
24.07.10, 16:00
Saw the ending.I was quite touched.

hontoCorti
24.07.10, 16:01
I don't think it will cost 100€, its for about 50€ listed at amazon. Btw, the release date is 27.07. there.
Collectors edition is around 90€.

yoco
24.07.10, 23:51
To be exactly Collectors Edition here is 94€ plus you have to pay for delivering through mail!

naughtydog
25.07.10, 00:04
I don't think Ima buy the game at all.It will probably be available cracked on torrents before it hits the stores in Romania:lol:
Dream on. You can't even install the game till the 27th of July.

Yea, I know that game will be on trackers, but still something inside me want's me to buy it. And I just saw the price. It's 100 €!
Yes maybe after a week or two.

tbh, rather than refusing to buy, ppl should refuse to play.
Downloading and then playing 50 hours on it and refusing to buy because you didn't like what they did is a bit biased :D (though im talking in general, not about you)
You realise the Koreans have 2 stadia opening for this game alone on release day? Read around it's the THING everyone does and it's cool in Korea. I don't know if it's north or south Kroea though

Resurrection
25.07.10, 07:53
I am sure some of you know this site but still in case you are in doubt

Can you run it? Can You Run It (http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri)

You'll know if your system is good enough...

yoco
25.07.10, 10:46
Yea, I know about this site. It's actually very good and helpfull!

slikrapid
25.07.10, 12:04
You realise the Koreans have 2 stadia opening for this game alone on release day? Read around it's the THING everyone does and it's cool in Korea. I don't know if it's north or south Kroea though

you're kidding, right? its south korea of course - as for some reporters that use just 'korea' it shows their level of professionalism (or lack thereof)

starcraft and global politics connection? there is more than one thinks:

So what does StarCraft II have in common with the Korean War? July 27, 2010 is an interesting date to choose for the highly anticipated release. On July 27, 1953 the United States, the People’s Republic of China, and North Korea signed an armistice agreement.

http://www.gamesradar.com/pc/starcraft-ii/news/what-starcraft-ii-and-the-korean-war-have-in-common/...

yoco
27.07.10, 16:52
Well I just saw that for game only, you have to pay 45€!

naughtydog
27.07.10, 17:07
Funny thing Blizzard tried so hard to make their DRM work and what an EPIC fail... just about 2mins of release there is a crack released on scene. Meh... what's the need for DRMs these days?

yoco
27.07.10, 17:09
Aren't all those cracks nuked?

naughtydog
27.07.10, 17:11
NUKE -> Starcraft.2.Wings.of.Liberty.Crack.Only.Read.NFO-LiBERTY [ LocalNet: crack.stolen.from.p2p.called.nibbits ]

It was just stolen but it works 100%. I am playing it eventually...lol

yoco
27.07.10, 17:36
I'm waiting for Reloaded release. At least I hope the crack it!

naughtydog
27.07.10, 17:42
I'm waiting for Reloaded release. At least I hope the crack it!

True dat. Hopefully but skidrow crew are fast these days on the new DRMs. Anyways I am hoping for either to crack it for the scene. SC2 is all the HYPE trust me.

yoco
27.07.10, 17:52
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3qqRHj3ZtA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXB_zG-hskQ

slikrapid
28.07.10, 17:44
well, the reloaded crew was the fastest, we'll see during the next few days whether their version gets nuked/propered or not

StarCraft.II.Wings.of.Liberty-RELOADED

NB: Since some game modes run on battle.net servers, only challenges,
single player campaign modes and the map editor are supported by this
release.

Resurrection
29.07.10, 07:57
Blizzard have done it again...(when have they ever disappointed???)...

The gameplay is engrossing and addictive...Love it...

4.8/5

dju
29.07.10, 14:14
Bought the game for 70$ but really disappointed in it - its not the starcraft I used to play. Probably gonna sell it. ;/

yoco
29.07.10, 14:15
Blizzard have done it again...(when have they ever disappointed???)...

The gameplay is engrossing and addictive...Love it...

4.8/5
Sweet! Can't wait to play it! I'm still downloading it :o

naughtydog
29.07.10, 16:32
lol...guys u will kill yoco if you keep talking about how good this game is.

@yoco my own teaser: Sweet mother mercy... (say it with a horrible voice)... lol

yoco
31.07.10, 14:46
Review

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNvF0p9n_0I

slikrapid
31.07.10, 18:49
now to cut through the hype with a little cold shower:

Starcraft 2 a Disappointment: 7 Reasons Not to Buy it

One of the most expected games has been released yesterday and a lot of people are disappointed by it. Of course there are a lot of gamers who enjoy Starcraft 2, but it does lack a lot of features and Blizzard does seem to do their best to rip off the customers. I will list here some of the most important reasons why you shouldn’t buy Starcraft 2.

1. No LAN Mode
2. No Offline Mode
3. The Price
4. Only Terran campaign
5. DRM
6. No Cross-Region play
7. No Chat Rooms

Starcraft 2 vs. Stone
http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=7370

http://www.softsailor.com/news/34789-starcraft-2-a-disappointment-7-reasons-not-to-buy-it.html

naughtydog
31.07.10, 20:23
^^^ Most pirates can live with those stated imho. On the other side, yeah that's where you have a point.

yoco
31.07.10, 21:35
So Razor-1911 released a "proper" cracked version of the game! Does this mean I have to redownload an entire game?

naughtydog
31.07.10, 21:37
So Razor-1911 released a "proper" cracked version of the game! Does this mean I have to redownload an entire game?

what you are looking for is "crack only" i just saw it on filelist btw. it's available just 101.36mb.

yoco
31.07.10, 21:38
Are you sure? I read somewhere you need their complete releas!

naughtydog
31.07.10, 21:47
Are you sure? I read somewhere you need their complete releas!

I cant confirm but it's just logical you only need the crack to make the skirmish work on the reloaded version. Why don't you try it?

yoco
31.07.10, 21:48
Didn't even install the game yet :D

naughtydog
31.07.10, 21:50
Didn't even install the game yet :D

Yeah i am 100% sure it will work, everything depends on the crack not the game. You can even get the actual game from the official site and use the razor crack which should get it working.

slikrapid
31.07.10, 22:13
supposedly the reloaded iso can be used with the new razor crack:

http://www.rlslog.net/starcraft-ii-wings-of-liberty-proper-razor1911/

but why bother to experiment with it at all, just get the full razor rls and that should take care of any unclarities/doubts :rolleyes: (unless we get a real proper or smth during the next few days :tongue:)

Yeah i am 100% sure it will work, everything depends on the crack not the game.

you could be mistaken, all it takes is for the two iso's to slightly differ in version numbers ;)

naughtydog
31.07.10, 23:00
but why bother to experiment with it at all, just get the full razor rls and that should take care of any unclarities/doubts :rolleyes: (unless we get a real proper or smth during the next few days :tongue:)

you could be mistaken, all it takes is for the two iso's to slightly differ in version numbers ;)

1. yoco has a bad download speed and i am sure he doesn't want to download the whole 7gigs again
2. razor nfo has "update the game after install" so I just guessed it's the same version released by liberty and reloaded. there hasn't been another update for SC2 as far as i know

yoco
01.08.10, 10:28
Yes, it's true, I do have very slow download, that's the main reason I don't wanna download the full game again!

naughtydog
15.08.10, 23:46
Starcraft 2 Signature Generator - sc2sig.com (http://sc2sig.com/) Starcraft 2 Signature Generator

yoco
16.08.10, 10:22
I'm guessing this for the online players?

naughtydog
16.08.10, 11:12
if you have a profile and it keeps your stats it should work. Does any of the cracks out there enable users to update their stats when they connect their pc online?

yoco
08.12.10, 13:49
Hey guys! Anyone maybe knows where I could download videos from GSL tournaments?