PDA

View Full Version : Torrentbytes

vDD+wR
18.04.09, 15:33
Here, I want to show you another well known tracker that is not only great because of its packs:

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/5273/logod.gif

Tracker: Torrentbytes
Tracker URL: TorrentBytes :: Login (http://torrentbytes.net) (https also available)
Open Signups : Always (I think:wink2: )
Invite System : No
Category: General , 0-day
Number of Users: 64444
Number of torrents: 5649

Mainpage
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/1927/unbenannt1lwu.jpg

Browsing Categories
http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/5479/unbenannt3u.jpg

Browsing Page
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/7339/unbenannt4y.jpg

Forum
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/3033/unbenannt5ddp.jpg

Stats
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/5992/unbenannt2z.jpg

As I mentioned this tracker is a must-have if you like big packs. (Which are of course freeleech) Speeds are high enough to max out my bandwith.
Even better is that the signups are almost permanently open. This way it is no wonder that lots of files have a high seeder base.
As it can be seen on the screenshots files with lots of seeders aren't uncommon at all.
So, it's no wonder that older files often have a few seeders too so that the torrent can be downloaded in no time.
The Pre-Times are fast too although I don't care if a torrent was released after 2 or 3 Minutes. :wink2: But there are torrents too, that have Pre-Times under 1 Minute!
When it comes to cheating, I think, we all know that doing so there is dead easy. Nearly every tool works there just fine. I use mratio there with 200kbs/torrent.
Not to forget to mention that the community there is very helpful and kind and there are lots of contests where everybody is invited to participate.

All in all, it is a nice starting tracker with lots of stuff. Despite of their community and the torrents that are offered it can't keep up with more famous trackers, such as Torrentleech and RevolutionTT, I suggest.

:top:

Mihai
19.04.09, 15:21
It's a good traker and not soo hard to cheat.I think almost every body started with trakers like this one.

yoco
19.04.09, 17:36
My 2nd best tracker. I love their series and movie packs! :top:

vDD+wR
19.04.09, 19:23
Yeah the same here! :top: Even better is the fact that no matter what you dl there, you will be able to maintain a decent ratio. :wink2: It was even the first tracker where I noticed the option to download a torrent via SSH or browsing via https. (But that could be the case cause I wasn't at higher level ones at that moment... :tongue:)

anon
19.04.09, 19:26
Talking about HTTPS, remember you had to take away the S from the tracker URL to be able to use the RatioMaster at RevTT? Not anymore, v1.7.7 onwards includes SSL support.

vDD+wR
19.04.09, 19:48
Talking about HTTPS, remember you had to take away the S from the tracker URL to be able to use the RatioMaster at RevTT? Not anymore, v1.7.7 onwards includes SSL support.

Yeah I can remember, I always logged in first via https and then remembered that I can use http only if I want to use that torrent with RM... :rolling_eyes:

But good to hear that this problem is gone now! :klatsch_3:

Blocker
11.05.09, 05:19
Yeah TB!!maybe this tracker is sometimes underrated but is a great site for begginers in BT scene!!

labrat
11.05.09, 20:33
tb is nice and has a large userbase but speedwise i'd go for TL

Stickbutt
18.05.09, 22:53
It's a shame that most of the music packs there are predominantly CBR rips.

Dark Knight
19.05.09, 19:30
Well its A very Nice Tracker....but its Difficult To Signup as the system keeps on giving unnecessary errors so many times.....

Plus it Has a Large userbase So almost all Torrents are well seeded including packs....
& it has no Ads like on TL...:biggrin:

anon
19.05.09, 19:35
& it has no Ads like on TL...

Those can easily be blocked :tongue:

Dark Knight
19.05.09, 20:03
Those can easily be blocked :tongue:

well i didnt found any option to disable them, Iam talking about ads like "faceBook for Adults..":biggrin:

anon
19.05.09, 21:14
Yes, saw those too. :biggrin: AdBlock Plus for Firefox or Opera's content blocker should do.

SBfreak
19.05.09, 22:04
Yes, saw those too. AdBlock Plus for Firefox or Opera's content blocker should do.

and adsweep (http://www.adsweep.org/) for Iron:wink:

hojotrance
19.05.09, 22:06
even though pre-times are slower, you can get a good ratio because of that.. even without cheating :biggrin:

DriftKing
01.06.09, 19:00
so flashing at TorrentBytes is safe ? any one confirm this or any other tools works there ?

anon
01.06.09, 19:36
so flashing at TorrentBytes is safe ?

I wouldn't recommend it. NoReport-Leecher works wonders there, though :smile:

Doppelboom
14.10.09, 00:35
Omg hab ich lange gebraucht mich dort zu reggen dieser regg Code hat mich zerstört, aber ich hab es geschafft:cool2:

AsusGraphics
18.04.10, 13:50
The site is very much useless.:got-hooligan:

SBfreak
18.04.10, 13:56
It's a good start fro those who don't have acces to nice trackers.
I used it a lot.

yoco
18.04.10, 15:50
The only thing I miss on this tracker is that you'll never find scene groups like Vision, Santi, Devise, etc.

shawshankraj
18.04.10, 16:35
The only thing I miss on this tracker is that you'll never find scene groups like Vision, Santi, Devise, etc.

Ya you are right but they are not scene group they are P2P groups..

yoco
18.04.10, 16:47
Oh, didn't know that! :redface:

shawshankraj
18.04.10, 16:58
Look here for more detail....

P2P vs Scene: Explained - ExtraTorrent.com The World's Largest BitTorrent System (http://extratorrent.com/article/69/p2p+vs+scene+explained.html)

anon
18.04.10, 18:50
The site is very much useless.:got-hooligan:

Not for a newcomer, although the signup process can be exasperating. :dry:

---------- Post added at 12:50 ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 ----------

And even if you're an "advanced user" they have some nice packs.

shawshankraj
18.04.10, 19:29
Look like they have Banned My ISP Ip range...

Every time I want to open it same message appear..

403 Forbidden

Unauthorized IP address. [Error: 1] You are banned!

anon
18.04.10, 19:31
Find a proxy that isn't banned and use that. You don't even need to use a proxy in your client to announce afterwards.

alpacino
23.04.10, 03:07
They remind me of filelist.org (now filepost), but with packs and some FL.

Find a proxy that isn't banned and use that. You don't even need to use a proxy in your client to announce afterwards.

I've been able to signup using a proxy, but can't announce through normal ip, I get a "http error 403" on uTorrent status.

Mihai
23.04.10, 16:05
They remind me of filelist.org (now filepost), but with packs and some FL.

I've been able to signup using a proxy, but can't announce through normal ip, I get a "http error 403" on uTorrent status.

Why do you even try?It's not that great so i don't see the point.

anon
23.04.10, 16:05

Oh, so they've patched this. PaperBus should probably do the trick until they block its IP ranges as well.

alpacino
23.04.10, 21:34
Why do you even try?It's not that great so i don't see the point.You are right my friend, I was asking myself the same question. It's not worth all the trouble.

Oh, so they've patched this. PaperBus should probably do the trick until they block its IP ranges as well.

I got it working on RM using HTTP proxy tab, you just can't browse nor announce through a banned country. Now sometimes on RM I'm getting a "error: tracker response is empty". Nothing to worry about, it was good as an experiment.

ciccio
29.04.10, 16:07
I was on this tracker but then i've lost my account for inactivity, nothing of special.

jayess
03.11.10, 03:01
One of the first trackers I ever joined, together with FileList. Still use it today. <3 TBytes

DEViL.eXE
03.11.10, 13:05
Yesterday i cheat there with ratiomaster and speed like 600-700 kbits.
Works great,no bann.

former
03.11.10, 20:01
It's so hard to sign up there ! You must be very patient to do this (I still haven't got in) .

Blocker
04.11.10, 04:12
It's so hard to sign up there ! You must be very patient to do this (I still haven't got in) .

Just read carefully all the instructions ,click on the link of rules and FAQ

I agree the hardest tracker to sign up LOL

seldom
04.11.10, 04:43
I managed to register there several months ago, I think it was opened for signup at that time. Then have not login for some time and lost my account due to inactivity! Had tried to re-register so many times with no luck...kinda gave up)

Blocker
06.11.10, 06:47
Its open signup from time to time ,

Like I said before be patient,read nick and pass requirements,open FAQ and rules,type carefully the captcha :lol:

Shelter
07.11.10, 22:11
As have account there but it's dont see him 2 be really great !

l0cke
29.01.11, 14:29
I used to seed hard on this tracker, but it was three years ago! I don't like how some admin treats people. After all, I think there are better trackers

Suun
29.01.11, 15:16
The tracker is not worth of the effort, there are good trackers like torrentday that are open and have the same files.

anon
29.01.11, 19:23
I don't like how some admin treats people.

Can you elaborate on that? I've never heard of TB's staff being idiots. Usually such feedback is reserved for trackers on level 3 and above.

The tracker is not worth of the effort, there are good trackers like torrentday that are open and have the same files.

TorrentDay is shit. If you make me choose between that and TB I'd clearly go for the latter.

yoco
30.01.11, 00:32
I agree with anon, I never heard anything bad about staff!
And I personally love TB :D
You can cheat all you want!

Instab
30.01.11, 02:08
You can cheat all you want!

not so much, a few months ago i flashed and was banned 30 minutes after :P

yoco
30.01.11, 12:10
My bad then! I mostly only use Fake upload speed mode!

mammamia11
30.01.11, 16:22
One of the first trackers I ever joined, together with FileList. Still use it today. <3 TBytes

same here! i dont use that tracker alot today but i still have my acount. they had some problems with paying the bills at the end of the year 2010, i hope they managed to pay

anon
30.01.11, 18:41
they had some problems with paying the bills at the end of the year 2010, i hope they managed to pay

There's a simple way to check that - if the site's up, someone's paying the server bills. :gtongue:

trynda
08.02.11, 03:32
site is still up, but you cant cheat there with mratio anymore.

mratio seems to be not able to read the torrentfile and this way is not able to use it= how can i cheat there?

after i got banned from torrentleech i am searching for a new site, with an open signup could not find anything as good as torrentbytes (compared with TL its still not good though).

could you tell me how i should cheat there?

Blocker
08.02.11, 07:02
How did you get banned from TL ? Interesting almost everythings works there ,by the way have you ever try Vuze Extreme Mod or RatioMaster instead of mratio? :tongue:

yoco
08.02.11, 12:07
Like Blocker already said, Vuze Extreme Mod is super and I also use uSerenity! :D

anon
08.02.11, 17:55
could you tell me how i should cheat there?

torrentbytes cheating site:sb-innovation.de - Google Search (http://www.scroogle.org/cgi-bin/nbbw.cgi?Gw=torrentbytes+cheating+site:sb-innovation.de)

trynda
09.02.11, 17:43
thx yoco, thx blocker... will try it tommorow!

how i got banned from TL? me and 3 mates used the same acc for a year now, we were careless and we let utorrent download, while using mratio. so it was our fault. ;P

anon
09.02.11, 17:45
how i got banned from TL? me and 3 mates used the same acc for a year now, we were careless and we let utorrent download, while using mratio. so it was our fault. ;P

TL doesn't care about that. I've shared an account with someone on the other side of the world who used different clients. Not a single issue.

trynda
10.02.11, 01:20
TL doesn't care about that. I've shared an account with someone on the other side of the world who used different clients. Not a single issue.

so why did we get banned then :/

but i ve got to tell you something else, after login tell TL told me that i got banned "AND" that they got a new securitymechanism Oo

so maybe they are doing something about the cheater now?

anon
10.02.11, 01:47
so why did we get banned then :/

Bad luck, I guess. Or something else.

but i ve got to tell you something else, after login tell TL told me that i got banned "AND" that they got a new securitymechanism Oo

so maybe they are doing something about the cheater now?

I'd do the same if I were them. It's called a scare tactic.

yoco
10.02.11, 11:50
trynda, maybe one of your friends did something unintentionally while cheating and that's why you got banned?

anon
21.07.13, 19:51
2013-07-21 04:43:00
Hello everyone.

At the moment it seems like the site will cease to exist sometime in early August due to no practical way of funding this fun. The past 7 months the site has been kept up by a few very generous people combined with some good old-fashioned stubbornes. The site is unlikely to come back as is.

Bubue.

-

anon
15.06.14, 23:48
It seems they have returned.

yoco
16.06.14, 16:30
They returned some time ago! :D

alpacino
16.06.14, 22:16
Ghostleeching works wonders in this one.

anon
17.06.14, 05:46
They returned some time ago! :D

No one had told me :unsure:

koel
17.06.14, 12:20
Torrentbytes is like ILT= totally useless

yoco
17.06.14, 17:41
No one had told me :unsure:
I thought everyone knew this!

It's good for leeching :P

alpacino
17.06.14, 19:53
It's nice for those who like the nostalgia feel of original TBDev. Problem with this tracker is that some countries are banned. :eek13:

Blocker
18.06.14, 18:33

Its good for starters in the private trackers, or people that don't have access to invites or is not interested in Elite Trackers.

IN my case it was the second private tracker I discovered after Demonoid

yoco
17.05.15, 12:20
Anyone knows whats going on with this tracker? One day it's up other down!!!

Manas
19.05.15, 00:57
Seems like staff doesn't know it aswell :tongue:
They're considering moving to another provider if problems keep continuing...
you can read it in their forums, it's one of the current threads...

yoco
19.05.15, 16:39
Strange they didn't post anything on home page. I don't visit their forums! :P

anon
07.09.23, 06:52
After some 18 years, TorrentBytes (the successor to TorrentBits, the "TB" in "TBdev") has announced they'll be shutting down soon.

The site code is so ancient it has to be ran on ancient software. Site code is not easily converted to be ran on modern software due to a fuckton of file and database access done in now deprecated ways. Some access parameters are no longer supported at all and workarounds for those take a fair bit of effort to implement. Site being stuck with ancient software causes all kinds of fun issues, like the ongoing SSL issue for past ages amongst other stuff that is not as clearly visible to the end user.

Site content has been provided out of generous individuals pockets since before the site was put up, the amount of said individuals has gone down over the years as that is not exactly a cheap hobby for the occasional thank you with a lot of asking for more, but due to events the last active providers for the content must prioritize their spending from an expensive hobby into putting food on to table, if there is a table left.

Due to the things in the first paragraph the site is not exactly in a place to cover the additional running costs in case the content was to be provided by the site nor ask the funds for it from the userbase; not that there was much time to do anything between getting to know the situation and it being too late to do anything about it. The site itself and related stuff can be kept running for quite a while, but a torrent site with no torrents is a bit of an empty barrel to beat around.

It has been almost two decades since TorrentBits went down and the successor has been very, -very- close to being shut down a few times already over the years, but those cases have been different types of bad situations. It needs to happen sometime and judging by the state of things, this might be it.

I for one will never forget the frustratingly difficult signup procedure.

yoco
08.09.23, 10:15
That's sad! One of my all time favorite tracker site!

Blocker
08.09.23, 17:18
It's sad, it was a good tracker , one of my first private trackers . :frown:

All torrrents are FL now.

Get some while it's still there
2023-09-04 10:00:00 - 2024-06-01 23:59:59
267 days remaining

(Please do not hit 'n' run, keep the torrents seeded)

anon
09.09.23, 09:13
It was also among my first accounts, a good starter tracker, and decent in its own right. But IPT and TL trump it content-wise, and aren't very hard to join even if you're new.

Better to burn out than to fade away...

Blocker
04.02.24, 23:45
Seems like TorrentBytes is no closing anymore

dalergt
10.02.24, 02:57
seems like similar to filelist, once u announce the site is gonna shutdown inactive staff/admins rises from the ashes and become active again.

anon
12.02.24, 06:21
In both cases, I am very pleased they managed to pull a 180. FL is currently one of the torrent world's top offerings, and TB is among the few old guard trackers still remaining.

alpacino
13.02.24, 06:47
I really love how TB is one of the few still resisting and using TBDev. I hate the first TL redesign, I remember I had difficulty reading those rows and columns.

anon
14.02.24, 01:15
I hate the first TL redesign

http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=21691

We didn't know how good we had it!

I also think this layout is best for a general tracker, but I must note the classic TB source is two decades old and therefore a nightmare to run and write code for.

yoco
14.02.24, 10:26
Yup, this was the best!

Blocker
14.02.24, 15:56
In both cases, I am very pleased they managed to pull a 180. FL is currently one of the torrent world's top offerings, and TB is among the few old guard trackers still remaining.

Yeah at least TB and FL didn't close , by the way it was the first time I read they were closing, like many trackers in the past, but at the end they changed their minds. :top:

ivy1123
23.03.24, 13:31
hello , in torrentbytes , when i load the torrent it's stuck and dont run although i click force download ?
anyone have problem like me ?

anon
23.03.24, 16:50
Client or mod? Settings? Amount of seeds on torrent? Are you connectable?