PDA

View Full Version : Unarmed GVSU Student Shot During Drug Raid Arrested on Marijuana Charge

Se7Ven
18.04.09, 02:10
Unarmed GVSU Student Shot During Drug Raid Arrested on Marijuana Charge

According to police reports, on March 11 Grand Valley State University sophomore Derek Kopp sold an undercover police officer 3.3 grams of marijuana for $60. The police then raided Kopp’s apartment, at which point Deputy Ryan Huizenga mistook Kopp shielding his eyes from a police flashlight for brandishing a weapon, and shot the unarmed Kopp in the chest. The bullet pierced Kopp’s liver, broke a rib, and punctured one of Kopp’s lungs.

Apparently, a bullet in the chest and time in the intensive care unit wasn’t punishment enough for selling three grams of pot. This week, a Michigan judge issued an arrest warrant for Kopp on the charge of delivery of marijuana. He’ll be arraigned on Monday.

we need it :top:
YouTube - DEDICATED TO ALL YOU ANTI-MARIJUANA IDIOTS!

YouTube - IF OBAMA SMOKED WEED, WHY CAN'T YOU?

source
The Agitator Blog Archive Unarmed GVSU Student Shot During Drug Raid Arrested on Marijuana Charges (http://www.theagitator.com/2009/04/17/unarmed-gvsu-student-shot-during-drug-raid-arrested-on-drug-charges/)

HAVE FUN AND ENJOY IT

SealLion
18.04.09, 03:50
It's like this in most western countries.

I realize that some countries are spending millions of millions of dollars on fighting the drug trade on an international level.
Now that's all good and godly and all.

And I realize that going after the dealers in their own backyards is also in full force; however, I came across an article in which countries like Portugul are redifining thier punishments for offenders by having them go to court with a judge, a counsellor or lawyer present as well as a treatment counsellor or counsellor of some sort, who not only understands the use of drug usage behaviours by people, but also knows how to best deal with such concerns that don't necessarily involve jail time.

Jail time does not necessarily define the problem to be solved and become the end-all-to be-all.

It only solves the problem by removing the offender off, of the streets.

Out of sight, out of mind.

There are drugs available in the jails.
They do get smuggled in.
Therefore the problem is not solved.
It just remains hidden behind a curtain or veil where outsiders to jails don't see the problem.

Yes there are drug treatments in jail, but does sending someone to jail necessarily solve the problem??

And if 'yes', how so??
HOw does sending someone to jail, where gang violence and drug usage exist, help to solve the problem there??

What about giving the offender a chance to explain why and how he's affected by giving him or her a chance to explain himself in front of a judge and a treatment counsellor who can give the jugde some reccommedation on treatment, other than jail??
Like they do in Portugal.

IMO, a system like in that country is just somewhat a bit more progressive. I find anyways.

My thoughts.