PDA

View Full Version : Demonoid

kazuya
16.04.09, 12:46
Tracker:Demonoid
Tracker URL: Demonoid.com (http://www.demonoid.com)
Open Signups?:first 2 days of each month,invites very often
Category: 0-day
Number of Users: >1000000
Number of Torrents: ~247000 (~209000 internal, ~38000 external)

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/4373/demhead.png

To all of us well known tracker,better say half private tracker.Easily to get in because invitations are shared like air and almost always open for signup.

The list of categories is really long and wide, and actually has really everything. Because of different access i found on Demonoid some things that i on 3x stronger trackers couldn't find.

Rules:
What concerns some rules, almost there aren't any. Ratio counter usually doesen't work so you don't have to fear for ratio. Anyone can upload, there aren't any rules related to upload except no adult material is allowed. Even are allowed links to Demonoid torrents outside Demonoid site.One thing that i hate is that you can't filter torrents trough max.seeds or leechers on torrent browser.

Cheating tips:you can cheat from dusk till down with every tool you wish:wink2:

Demonoid speeds are little better then on publick trackers but as there it depends on seeder/leecher number.But anyway still better then publick trackers and you will find what you can't on some high level trackers:wink:

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/790/57346860.png

yoco
16.04.09, 17:28
User on this tracker for years now! Great stuff, you can find almost everything!

anon
16.04.09, 18:52
almost always open for signup

As far as I know they open only the first 3 days of each month.

Anyone can upload, there aren't any rules related to upload.

They don't allow XXX torrents.

Blocker
11.05.09, 05:15
User on this tracker for years now! Great stuff, you can find almost everything!

My first private tracker!! Sure you can find almost everything it have great content but the speed its terrible.

labrat
11.05.09, 20:35
yep, it's basically a ratioless tracker - and semi-private so watch out what you grab from there

DarkSaint
12.05.09, 10:53
so basically we can use RM, vuze on there?

splicer
12.05.09, 12:34
There are virtually no scripts... I've cheated 4TB in 10 mins and no ban (NRPG RatioMaster). They don't even ban you for having a low ratio...
Though if you are going to cheat bear in mind that:
Not all listed torrents use the Demonoid tracker; you need to cheat on one which does.
Stats update once, every 24 hours; so don't wonder every 30 mins why they don't update.
Read the FAQ concerning stats not updating probably; there was something about having to stop torrents, for them to send the last announce.

Stickbutt
18.05.09, 22:55
They don't even ban you for having a low ratio.
They only use the ratio for statistical purposes.

mrcrabs
12.09.09, 20:05
Anyone knows what happen to Demonoid ? it"s seems down for me...

anon
12.09.09, 20:06
Seems to be up here! Try again.

mrcrabs
12.09.09, 20:12
I made a little googlesearch and look what i found here Demonoid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demonoid)

The site remains unavailable from India, Netherlands, Sweden, Brazil, Lithuania, Mexico, Philippines, Romania, France and parts of the United States as of September 11, 2009.

I am french...

anon
12.09.09, 20:13
I see... I forgot they ban some countries. You could use a proxy, then. Although this may cause some problems with stats updating.

SBfreak
12.09.09, 20:24
The site remains unavailable from India, Netherlands, Sweden, Brazil, Lithuania, Mexico, Philippines, Romania, France and parts of the United States as of September 11, 2009.

Ha Romania is not banned:biggrin:..I can access the site with no problem.

mrcrabs
12.09.09, 20:27
Ha Romania is not banned:biggrin:..I can access the site with no problem.

Lucky :smile:

I still don't understand why they ban France ? , this was my fav :icon_angry[1]: :baeh:.

anon
12.09.09, 20:28
I still don't understand why they ban France ?

Security perhaps? They've been down a few times already... but country bans are indeed stupid.

SBfreak
12.09.09, 20:35
lol wtf noez!!! *headshot*...It doesn't work for me anymore.....it may be because I just cleaned all my cookies:mad2:

anon
12.09.09, 20:36
Had the same problem as well, just refresh it a few times.

SBfreak
12.09.09, 20:39
Refreshed 10 times already.Why do sites keep banning Romanians..am I so famous?:biggrin:

anon
12.09.09, 20:41
I just tried to enter via PHPProxy.ro and it didn't work either, lol.

SBfreak
12.09.09, 20:46
But I don't understand.Why ban France and the other countries?

anon
12.09.09, 20:47
I don't really know. But not for cheating, that's for sure :biggrin:

Perhaps spamming, posting of fake torrents, etc...

alpacino
12.09.09, 21:17
I just tried it here, no problems at all. Cleaned the cookies too just to make sure. :confused:

Mihai
12.09.09, 21:40
Works for me too.

anonftw
12.09.09, 22:20
Luckily it still works in my part of the US. Honestly, I don't get over there very much any more, but I would miss not having it for backup.

atlantis
12.09.09, 23:06
works on Bulgaria too :smile:

mrcrabs
13.09.09, 13:56
Now it works again with me ;) :smile:

It was a downtime i guess :confused2:

alpacino
13.09.09, 15:50
Glad to hear, demonoid banning countries would be indeed very awkward.

SBfreak
13.09.09, 16:00
Nope it wasn't downtime....I think they unbanned France..works for me with a proxy.

thecoolest
14.09.09, 11:36
member of this site from abt to 2 years..kinda grt site..i love it all the time....demonoid. rocks..all the way

rom08
14.09.09, 23:07
Work for me again after one week down

SealLion
15.09.09, 02:49
Of all the sites that are around, IMHO, Dem beats 'em all.
TPB may have been taken in out court by the 'baddies', but Dem is still kick'in around.
I've been there for a long time now as well, like the rest of you guys.
I have to agree that Dem carries just about anything you could want.

5 stars from me for that place. :)

Blocker
15.09.09, 05:32
Currently the content is really great :top:,also the speed sucks but IMO It's the best replacement for TPB ,when your looking for old scene stuff or rare torrents.

w1shmast3r
15.09.09, 09:29
i agree, i found movies and music so old and rare i couldnt believe it.
perfect tpb replacement.
and as a hint always read the comments at the bottom of each torrent in demonoid especially in applications, as i have solved many problems i faced just by reading the users comments.
a very nice community all around.

anon
15.09.09, 12:11
perfect tpb replacement.

Not as big, though. And even though you can find their torrents via indexers, you need an account to be able to "really" surf their torrent list. But it shouldn't be too hard to get one.

slikrapid
15.09.09, 17:38
Of all the sites that are around, IMHO, Dem beats 'em all.
TPB may have been taken in out court by the 'baddies', but Dem is still kick'in around.
I've been there for a long time now as well, like the rest of you guys.
I have to agree that Dem carries just about anything you could want.

5 stars from me for that place. :)

c'mon SealLion, you're giving them sentimental points :wink:

for me its more like barely 2 out 5 stars

a few cons: not enough scene releases, slow, low number of seeds,...as for contents - they can't beat specialized trackers, not even tpb while it was running 'free', personally i have found just a handful of stuff there which was of interest

as for old stuff, seems to me one click hosters have the upper hand there

anon
15.09.09, 17:39
Well, they're not even fully private. For a tracker that's so easy to get into the speeds can range from sucky from good, depending on the torrent. Also, a general tracker will never be able to compete with a good specialized one, I think.

Most of the links being Rapidshare ones, with the wait times and fluctuating speeds... :frown:

SealLion
16.09.09, 01:08
c'mon SealLion, you're giving them sentimental points :wink:

for me its more like barely 2 out 5 stars

a few cons: not enough scene releases, slow, low number of seeds,...as for contents - they can't beat specialized trackers, not even tpb while it was running 'free', personally i have found just a handful of stuff there which was of interest

Well, they're not even fully private. For a tracker that's so easy to get into the speeds can range from sucky from good, depending on the torrent. Also, a general tracker will never be able to compete with a good specialized one, I think.

Most of the links being Rapidshare ones, with the wait times and fluctuating speeds... :frown:

Well, ok. I guess I'll give you guys points for that. Though, I am of the opinion that what Dem gives out to it's userbase, that same content, you'll find having been brought directly over to the specialized sites...from Demonoid, yes??

c'mon....:biggrin:

woytas
24.09.09, 21:50
Using this site for about 2 years now. It's amzing because of lots of torrent, but it's site for patient people because of speed. I can find almost everything.

anon
26.09.09, 19:21
More about their downtime:

September 26

Status

The site will return as soon as possible, but there was a problem that caused data loss and the person who can help us get the data back is not able to help at this moment. The site will return when we can get his help

A loss of a some months worth of activity including registered users and torrent submissions is to be expected because the backup we are hoping to get back is not up to date, so please be prepared for it

SBfreak
26.09.09, 19:30
I really miss demonoid even though I haven't used it at all.:frown:.Hope it comes back soon.

Cobra
27.09.09, 18:21
Me too,
Its a great site...was my 1st ever private tracker

deepforce
30.09.09, 14:59
As you may have noticed it is down since two weeks. Have fun idling in their irc channel ;)

anon
30.09.09, 15:00
Yeah, we noticed, look at the posts above yours.

kazuya
30.09.09, 17:10
Demonoid is down long now.makes me a little bit worry...:frown:

SBfreak
30.09.09, 17:13
Don't worry.They will be back online soon.I hope:frown:

Mihai
30.09.09, 17:20
As i read it's a probability that they loose some of the acount there too, not just the torrents.

anon
30.09.09, 18:56
You're right, since they'll have to restore an old backup.

tbeat03
01.10.09, 01:18
I really miss the lossless audio section.... would love to get an invite which contains as many artists as demonoid had... Also wondering if there's a tracker for old and rare garage bands, including vinyl rips (flac/mp3)... anyone here knows??

Empoleon
01.10.09, 03:08
Something must be going down, a tracker doesn't stay offline this long.

anon
01.10.09, 03:10
a tracker doesn't stay offline this long.

The person with the backups isn't available for the time being...

tbeat03
14.10.09, 23:24
so, any demonoid alternatives when the proper one is still offline? I'm looking for some flac albums and old nuggets garage bands from the 60s/70s...
anyone??

thanks!

anon
14.10.09, 23:25
Well, there's The Pirate Bay, Zamunda (a huge tracker that's open (http://zamunda.net/signup.php)) and Torrents.ru.

SBcheater
14.10.09, 23:27
any demonoid alternatives

Last Torrents (http://www.lasttorrents.org/)

use it then tell me how you feel about this extremely underrated tracker .. its open for signup.

seahound
24.10.09, 14:09
WOW they are still down....not looking good for Asian users!!

anon
24.10.09, 18:57
You can still add the announce URLs mentioned on their current homepage, and also use a DHT-Patch mod for torrents where the private flag has been wrongly set to 1.

anto
10.11.09, 16:49
I miss the good old days with demonoid

Vation
23.01.10, 21:41
Demonoid.com allows to browse files for anyone and to download 5 torrents a week without membership, which some say is their site/database flaw.
Demonoid.com (http://www.demonoid.com)

bompus
24.01.10, 00:12
I've never been a huge fan of demonoid... they accepted way too many members, and it became cluttered and just a big mess. I hope they do come back online, but they should prune old or inefficient users and rethink their membership.

GotIt
24.01.10, 00:37
I've never been a huge fan of demonoid... they accepted way too many members, and it became cluttered and just a big mess. I hope they do come back online, but they should prune old or inefficient users and rethink their membership.

They probably wont. They are a semi private tracker, which opens every start of month, and invite codes are everywhere. They are also ratioless, so yeah, I don't think they will change much. Heck, I think they're public now.

anon
24.01.10, 01:31
Heck, I think they're public now.

Agreed. Letting guests browse and download any torrents doesn't count as "semi-private" for me.

Vation
09.02.10, 21:59
usually one or two of the first days of the month
plus semi private as we all can say plus those 5 torrents and unlimited public search
Number of torrents increased nearly 10% in last year now: ~247000(or more if to include external sources see reference link)
Number of users is hard to estimate but 300000 is i think not the number: it would be rather closer to one million.(very high alexa rank)

reference:
Private Trackers With the Most Torrents | THE source for BitTorrent & P2P Tips, Tricks and Info. | FileShareFreak (http://filesharefreak.com/2009/09/19/private-trackers-with-the-most-torrents/)

alexa rank:
demonoid.com - Site Info from Alexa (http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/demonoid.com)

update?

Edit:
There are 500 to 2000 torrents added each day(including internal and external)

mirrormask
11.07.13, 11:53
demonoid is "somehow" back.

Demonoid Resurrected? An Interview With the Admins of D2.vu | TorrentFreak (http://torrentfreak.com/demonoid-resurrected-an-interview-with-the-admins-of-d2-vu-130509/)

Jordan
11.07.13, 21:22
demonoid is "somehow" back.

Demonoid Resurrected? An Interview With the Admins of D2.vu | TorrentFreak (http://torrentfreak.com/demonoid-resurrected-an-interview-with-the-admins-of-d2-vu-130509/)

Yes the new site is d2.vu (http://www.d2.vu/). Although they are not using the demonoid tracker, they seem to have the old torrents and the id / passwords.

anon
12.07.13, 04:43
Either their search is broken, doesn't work properly for guests, or their database isn't completely up-to-date. I can't find any of the things I snatched last year.

Blocker
24.03.24, 00:33
@anon this can be closed.

anon
24.03.24, 16:37
I think we can leave it open. While Demonoid.is is technically a separate site, it's identical in appearance and functionality, has amassed a decent collection of torrents, and the unfortunate circumstances behind the original's shutdown means they're the closest thing to an official revival we'll ever have.