Tracker URL: http://btmusic.eu/
Open Signups?: No, Invite System
Category: Lossless Music
Number of Users: ~ 7000
Number of torrents: ~ 25000

Browse Page

http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=3504

Quality

BTM only allows high quality ripped music fulfilling certain standards.
These standards are even higher than those on E****.
So, if you download something from BTM you can be sure you won't get disappointed due to bad quality.

Blocker
13.02.10, 01:05
Open Signups?: No, Invite System

How the invite system works??

And Is there only FLAC material??

shoulder
13.02.10, 12:09
Uploaders get one invite per month if I'm not mistaken, and yes there's only lossless music. :wink2:

grebetu
13.02.10, 12:15
This was the best loseless tracker before what started pushing flac.

Blocker
13.02.10, 14:43
Uploaders get one invite per month if I'm not mistaken, and yes there's only lossless music. :wink2:

Thanks for answer my question therefore is difficult to get invites

So it's to a certain extent useless if you have What??:confused:

grebetu
14.02.10, 23:26

I might not be objective but in my oppinion if you have what you won't need anything musical ever :)

Not because of current content, but because of collectors philosophy and attention that is dedicated to music on what.

shoulder
14.02.10, 23:44
Does What have any requirements in terms of quality when it comes to ripping?

Without having compared those two sites now I'd say What has more content but BTM has more qualitative one.

anon
14.02.10, 23:48
Does What have any requirements in terms of quality when it comes to ripping?

Yes, and they're strict with that. They'll take your upload privileges away if you upload a transcode or bad quality rip.

Nobody
15.02.10, 01:29
Yes, and they're strict with that. They'll take your upload privileges away if you upload a transcode or bad quality rip.

Most music oriented music websites do that anyway.

I think he means in regards to the quality of the rips themselves. For example: the requirements on settings in EAC, cue sheets, etc. At best, What has an auto-generated script that checks log files and gives them a ranking percentage.

BT has a very, very strict uploader system. You have to show that all your settings are correct, and demonstrate your knowledge to a mod before your even eligible to upload. Add this to the fact that the entire website if full of obsessive-compulsive perfectionists, and you end up with a website with enough red-tape to make your head spin.

If your looking solely for impeccable quality, BT blows them out of the water. If your looking solely for a wide selection, What blows them out of the water.

anon
15.02.10, 17:40
I think he means in regards to the quality of the rips themselves. For example: the requirements on settings in EAC, cue sheets, etc. At best, What has an auto-generated script that checks log files and gives them a ranking percentage.

Heh, yes, that's what I meant. What.cd makes you use EAC with specific settings.

Not being at BTM myself I couldn't compare both, so thank you for the info.

Extraterrestrial
16.06.10, 22:11
# We have Overseeding Rules in place. Please read them, set up your clients to work with them and thus give our less bandwidth gifted members some relief so they too can make ratio and stay in the community.

# Seeding past a 3.0 ratio during the first 48 hours from the time in which the torrent gets uploaded is considered overseeding. If reported by the original uploaders, overseeders will face penalties as detailed in the forum announcement.

# Seeding partially downloaded torrents past 3.0 is considered overseeding and the penalties apply to them as to a full torrent. Hit & Run downloading puts additional burden on the uploader and will not be tolerated.

Some really good rules for slow uploaders :wink:
As for the quality nothing can be compared to pedro's and they have alot of exclusive stuff which aren't allowed to be uploaded elsewhere :cool2:
I've been a good member there thanks to their overseeding rules.

Uploading Rules :

* * * IMPORTANT * * *

Upload your own rips from OFFICIAL, ORIGINAL MEDIA only!
That means NO BOOTLEGS or rips from copies.

* Do not upload before becoming familiar with our rules. Don't rely on your own judgement of what is acceptable.
* Do not edit a log for any reason. Editing a log is likely to get you banned and your torrents removed.
* Do not upload something you downloaded on the internet.
* Do not upload something prior to its official release date.
* Do not upload something intended to raise funds for a cause.
* Do not upload executable files except those from the disc.
* Do not reseed something you downloaded on Pedro's (old uploads do not comply with current site rules!)
* Do not upload something you ripped from a CD-R or similar. Factory-pressed recordings only.
* Do not use prohibited tags, such as ReplayGain or comments mentioning Pedro's.
* Do not start a new upload if you have a defective or incomplete upload unless you have permission.
* Make sure that track names and artwork obtained from the internet properly corresponds to your upload.
* Make sure that you edit track names to remove errors and non-ASCII characters BEFORE you rip.
* Make sure that you include files like the thumbnail and info.txt. Your torrent should be complete and self-contained.

When in doubt, ask first. You can get permission in special circumstances (e.g. approved bootlegs).

anon
17.06.10, 13:02
here it is difficult to get into

Come on, it's not that hard to make 10 useful posts.

berci
18.06.10, 10:23

Exigo after :top:

No delete:No Spam

jacksbi
18.06.10, 10:28
i use to have a account there before but i had lost it last year in june when site is down think i had also donated to the site.It had became now hard to find a invite for this great lossless tracker.One of fav trackers

i had made a pm also to the admin about my account by showing the proofs of email but he said there is no account there with the username.

anon
18.06.10, 15:29
No delete:No Spam

That may not be spam but the rest of your posts sure as hell is. Start writing useful posts or get out.

anon
19.01.11, 04:18
Can't believe this wasn't posted here already, but recently they banned Romania from signups, as well as all existing .ro users on the site, a measure I think is plain stupid.

We would like to announce that the tracker Site Rules have been updated.
Please read them carefully to familiarize yourself with the changes.

The key changes include:
New policy regarding btmusic invitations and the invitation procedure
Updated policy regarding proxies and VPNs

The update also introduces the country ban on Romania. All accounts owned by Romanian users have therefore been disabled.

Please make sure you are in compliance with the updated Site Rules before inviting a new user.

Resurrection
19.01.11, 04:21
Why do you think that is?

Romania has some of the fastest ISPs I've seen anywhere...

anon
19.01.11, 04:24
The usual excuse reason. They said 90% of Romanian users were cheating.

Instab
19.01.11, 04:42
Can't believe this wasn't posted here already, but recently they banned Romania from signups, as well as all existing .ro users on the site, a measure I think is plain stupid.

Why do you think that is?

Romania has some of the fastest ISPs I've seen anywhere...

but many of those connections are only fast on a national level

The usual excuse reason. They said 90% of Romanian users were cheating.

recently i also heard about massive issüs with romanian guys regarding some other network (not torrent). looking at the number of trackers that banned romania there has to be some truth in it.
i don't say i welcome such measures but i also doubt so many sites would do that without any good reason at all

Resurrection
19.01.11, 04:47
Old article but relevant i suppose...

Private Trackers Announce ‘Global Ban’ Of Romania | THE source for BitTorrent & P2P Tips, Tricks and Info. | FileShareFreak (http://filesharefreak.com/2008/12/28/private-trackers-announce-global-ban-of-romania/)

Indigo
05.11.13, 15:23
Old topic, but usefull.
Romania has fastest speed in Europe and 2nd in the World. They just introduced 1Gbit fiber into people houses. No more UTP cables. You are connected directly to fiber. In the near future they are planning to release 10Gbit uplinks also.
Price for 1Gbit? 13 euro. National uplink download/upload. International download uplink is 1Gbit, upload uplink is 100-200Mbit. :)
Hope this clears some things out.

alextrem
27.02.14, 11:49
Hello!
Please tell me if I can sign-up to this tracker if I'm staying in Romania. I heard they still have Romanian IP's banned.
Can I use a proxy to register without getting banned?
Thank you in advance.

Großmutter
27.02.14, 18:51
proxy,VPN = bann

Blocker
18.05.14, 18:47
Tracker Name: XBTMusic (Pedro's BTMusic)

Genre: Music

Sign-up Link: https://xbtmusic.org/account-signup.php

Closing Date: 31/05/2014

Additional Information: FLAC Music Tracker

I can't sign up , is it still available for registrations?

shoulder
18.05.14, 21:13
Already closed

alpacino
20.05.14, 03:46
Unfortunately they have a lot of other countries banned from registration apart from the ones listed in the registration faq. Mine included.

Codec
02.08.16, 19:01
I was invited by a friend a few weeks ago but my account was deleted after few hours, i have no idea why. I tried to recover my password but it was showing email not in database.

anon
02.08.16, 22:00
I was invited by a friend a few weeks ago but my account was deleted after few hours, i have no idea why. I tried to recover my password but it was showing email not in database.

This is pretty weird. I'd message banned AT btmusic DOT eu to find out what happened.

Codec
03.08.16, 15:25
I sent an email but never got a reply. I used the tracker for an and logged out, when i try to login again i couldn't. Hopefully i'll get invited in a few months.

KnowledgeMelon
13.08.16, 04:14
Pedros is currently having a summer promo if your interested in joining. But probably not worth

Summer promo: If you are interesting in joining, maybe we may invite you for a donation.
Inquire at xbtmusic(at)protonmail.ch

4 users invited. 1 "slot" left. The promo ends next Sunday.

cirulilu
13.08.16, 10:27
Pedros is currently having a summer promo if your interested in joining. But probably not worth

Summer promo: If you are interesting in joining, maybe we may invite you for a donation.
Inquire at xbtmusic(at)protonmail.ch

4 users invited. 1 "slot" left. The promo ends next Sunday.

In other words they are selling invites.

KnowledgeMelon
13.08.16, 17:20
Yeah but apparently they have a screening process.

They ask for your ip and to check it.

Dont know what they check but if i ask a friend who never used private trackers to get an invite, failed.

Codec
13.08.16, 17:31
They might be giving invites away but Pedro's has some of the strictest rules on any private tracker which means members have to be extra careful who they invite as I doubt they will tolerate anyone inviting a bad member. In other words members should only invite their most trustworthy close friends and family, or no-one at all which is obviously the safest bet.

KnowledgeMelon
13.08.16, 19:07
Pretty much in high tier trackers you dont invite anyone unless you know them really well or they proved themselves with various good stats.

The invite pedro is trying to do is through the official site, but the background checks are too intense.

anon
13.08.16, 19:23
If you are interesting in joining, maybe we may invite you for a donation.

They must not have proofread this... "maybe we may invite you" in particular doesn't give me the assurance I need :germm:

KnowledgeMelon
13.08.16, 19:32
I think they did that on purpose. as the may was underlined when i saw it.

Yeah not much assurance, not worth.

Instab
14.08.16, 04:05
so, selling invites is officially legal now? :P

KnowledgeMelon
14.08.16, 16:10
If money goes to the staff its legal, lol

Lots of trackers do it, high or low tier.

So sad its the reason why i was banned in the first place when i couldnt find a real life friend and didnt know about the interviews, no second chance. but they now considerate it fine if its from the staff.

Codec
14.08.16, 16:22
The staff can do whatever they want, but I am not in favor of selling invites, whether it be a tracker doing it, or a member with invites on his account. People who become members of such small trackers assume that the small exclusive nature of those trackers afford a level of protection. This protection disappears completely if any guy can simply pay money and get access to people who rips, uploads and seeds on the tracker.

KnowledgeMelon
14.08.16, 18:18
yeah im not in favor of selling invites either , it was just that in the beginning i knew no other way.

I mean as for level of protection thats like BS, cause if any guy is really determined he can definitely get his way in.

i mean most people that buy invites are bad members, new, or dont know how to get in, thats how i view it.

slikrapid
14.08.16, 19:22
People who become members of such small trackers assume that the small exclusive nature of those trackers afford a level of protection.

under normal circumstances, increased level of protection is gained from the following:
- small tracker - not interesting to copyright agents
- private tracker - private announces
- mostly closed signups - hard to enter
- able admin/staff/coders - fixing site vulnerabilities

and lost from:
- famous tracker (for whatever reason) - could be viewed as a trophy tracker to take down
- all events of opening doors to new users
- all events of compromised old users
- societies favoring surveillance, exhibiting corruption, hunting for pirates and filesharers

there are also exceptions, for which all bets are off, as their scenarios are very unpredictable

spiritually speaking, there is also the case for destiny, in which all preceding events, circumstances and all available choices on a global scale at that particular time converge to a singular event known in advance - meaning: if the tracker was predestined to be raided, no amount of protection and no countermeasures used can avoid that event (whatever countermeasures are used actually work towards the event, not against it)

anon
14.08.16, 19:53
http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=16828

Figure A: Pedro.

Anyway, I think trackers put a target on their backs when they sell invites like this, but servers are not free and it's unlikely that the authorities would care about a small place where lossless rock, jazz and blues is shared.

there are also exceptions, for which all bets are off, as their scenarios are very unpredictable

spiritually speaking, there is also the case for destiny, in which all preceding events, circumstances and all available choices on a global scale at that particular time converge to a singular event known in advance - meaning: if the tracker was predestined to be raided, no amount of protection and no countermeasures used can avoid that event (whatever countermeasures are used actually work towards the event, not against it)

This must be why the UK-T, FTWR and ScT all shut down the same year, whereas TL has been running since 2004 and had tons of open signups, yet they seem untouchable.

THC
25.09.16, 23:58
Your country matters a lot when invited. There are many banned countries...

anonforlife
05.08.22, 17:00
Still in development :biggrin:

anon
05.08.22, 18:35
Don't worry, you'll be able to recover your inactive account after donating some Bitcoin :wgreedy:

anonforlife
05.08.22, 20:34
Don't worry, you'll be able to recover your inactive account after donating some Bitcoin :wgreedy:

True story :smile:

H265
04.09.22, 08:27
:tongue:

Instab
04.09.22, 15:20
so they're blaming the war now? how lame is that :P

anon
04.09.22, 18:46
how lame is that

Very - unless it works.

DataOverfl0w
07.09.22, 20:56
At this point this tracker just looks like a money grab

Instab
08.09.22, 23:22
it did so long before that aleady :P

H265
21.01.23, 12:54
:rolleyes::tongue:

averageHomoSapien
24.01.23, 13:48
I think the best music tracker right now is OPS. Although it doesn't have as much content as RED does the economy on OPS isn't hard. Just seed everything you download and you'll be earning enough BP to buy loads of freeleech tokens. Combine OPS with Rutracker and you have access to every music you could possibly want.

alpacino
25.01.23, 06:55
:rolleyes::tongue:

Do they still have stupid country bans?

anon
27.01.23, 03:33
I think the best music tracker right now is OPS. Although it doesn't have as much content as RED does

They have a forum thread where you can ask for RED torrents to be cross-posted, so close enough. With that said, RED is also generous with freeleech tokens and has the required ratio system; if you use it as a backup for RuTracker and other sources, you'll find that the hard economy has zero impact on you being able to get the music you want.

H265
04.10.23, 13:35
Login is available for all users now. Not much activity on site.

DataOverfl0w
09.10.23, 22:22
I didn't think they would actually return. I guess it's money well spent then? lol