PDA

View Full Version : Torrentleech - TL

Pages : [1] 2

kazuya
14.04.09, 23:16
Tracker: Torrentleech - TL
Tracker URL: TorrentLeech.org (http://www.torrentleech.org/)
Open Signups?: Signup(very rarely) & invite
Category: 0-day
Number of Users: 200,000-300,000
Number of Torrents: 20,000

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/5029/164g.png

TL is 0-day tracker, and it can be said most best private tracker that exists. It's a must for every torrent freak out there.

First and maybe only thing that irritates me is entering of Captcha code every time you have to login.Upon login you notice a nice grey/green layout with all important tabs on top.Tab and letters look very clearly,for me the whole site looks nice and most important, simple.I think that white letters and grey background go good together.

There are really many users(there must be around 200-300 thousand) so that the speeds of download and upload are great.
On the tracker you can find almost all the average things that user needs, Episodes/Boxsets ,Anime/Cartoon, Appz/misc, Appz/MAC, , Appz/PC ISO, Appz/PDA, Books - Mags, Documentaries, Episodes/TV, Games,Movies/Xvid,Movies/HD-x264...and many movie packs also. TL is mainly focused on scene releases but you can find some other stuff to like non scene DVD movies..In terms of scene releases they are not so fast like SCT but are holding good.

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/3903/164o.png

At first (until you become a power user) you will have to wait some time (48 hours) until you can download the latest torrent.
Therefore, it is a good idea not to download everything you see (at least at the beginning), but download only sample or a few parts, 1 or 2 rar archive, and in this way to increase your ratio ... later this will go a lot easier.Now i notice that TL doesn't have freeleech or some 2x double up bonuses or so but it's not really important because of large number of seeders and leechers.As for ratio it's important just to keep it above 0.4 or after 5 Days you will be banned.

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/1835/164q.png

If you decide to get VIP status, there are some bonuses that are included also in price like webhosting paket from Centelia Networks - Your reliable host (http://www.centelia.net). VIP status also includes :

• No wait time restrictions, regardless your ratio.
• No slot restrictions, regardless your ratio.
• Immunity to the auto-ban because of low ratio
• No ads at all
• You participate to a monthly drawing to win a valuable prize. Could be an iPod or a game console for a lucky VIP user :smile:
• You get VIP privileges in our IRC channel
• Only Vips get invitations, usually each month, and 2 of them when you donate for the first time or renew
• Premium Support and high priority from First Line Support queries.
• You will get a distinct pleasure, knowing that you are helping TorrentLeech providing you the best service at all time :smile:

What to say about forum,well nothing much,it's mostly same like on other high level trackers.Didn't personally use it to much but you can find there pretty much that interests you,gaming,cinema,user guides,tutorials,requests,software....

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/2236/1641.png

Invitations are currently given only to VIP members and sometimes Power Users if the Staff so decides.
My cheating experience is really good there.Vuze Extreme and speeds about 120kB/s upload work wonders.Didn't try Ratiomaster but you can use it also for now there.

Torrentleech is a must have tracker,one of the best. If you don't have it then is something wrong with you or you are really unlucky to get in.I could say Torrentleech is so good because of large user number and therefore easy to seed.Byside of some tracker for older stuff you have everything that you need.If you ever get in watch for your account with your life

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/1268/89831172.png

Wow my first tracker review:klatsch_3:

hitman
15.04.09, 00:27
i would compare this tracker with revott. both are quite similar but TL is a little bit better from my feel but its good to have both :biggrin:

kazuya
15.04.09, 00:34
Almost same but TL more users and RevTT some double up bonuses..

anon
15.04.09, 00:36
RevTT some double up bonuses..

For donors :tongue:

In my opinion TL and RevTT make a great combo.

hitman
15.04.09, 00:38
yes usually there are on TL more peers on the same file compared to RevoTT. i would say that if you have TL you dont need RevoTT but it doesnt hurt to have both :top:

kazuya
15.04.09, 00:40
Yea right for donors,to bad my account was disabled on RevTT but TL is enough for me.Really satisfied with it

splicer
15.04.09, 00:44
For donors :tongue:

In my opinion TL and RevTT make a great combo.

Definitely; TL is faster than RevTT, in terms of pretime, but as I've said before, RevTT tracks loads of older Scene releases that managed to evade TL.

yoco
15.04.09, 14:52
My 2nd most used tracker. Love their speed and a lot of seeders.

Blocker
11.05.09, 04:26
My favourite tracker !!. TL have a great content,speeds,community and pretimes.The number of peers is awesome

anon
11.05.09, 16:48
It's also easy to cheat on. :tongue:

labrat
11.05.09, 19:22
i used to hang out there a lot because of the nice number of seeder/leechers but as their RSS feed has been disabled for quite some time now i prefer other trackers

DriftKing
30.05.09, 18:50
Is there any risk to create Duplicate account on TL ? someone was banned before for create dup account at TL ? Kindly share your experience here For Dup acc at TL .

anon
30.05.09, 18:51
You can safely have a TL dupe if you use different IPs for the second account (this also includes announcing, don't load torrents from both accs at the same time), and clear your cache and cookies before logging in to it.

SealLion
01.06.09, 04:31
If you don't have it then is something wrong with you or you a.....

LOL. I love this place. A great place to get your daily kicks. :smile:

I used to have TL until I gave the account away to somebody.

I jsut have TD now.

I don't like capchas either. they are kind of annoying but I doe beleive that they exist for a reason, though. :smile:

Good job on the review, kazuya. :)

hontoCorti
01.06.09, 06:10
There are some rumors about TL being monitored by BayTSP...

Actually i do not have an account currently there but maybe that is better;)

Dynamic
01.06.09, 06:41

Actually i do not have an account currently there but maybe that is better;)

Hmm, that sounds bad do you have any evidence of this? Or where we can read more of it?

DriftKing
01.06.09, 10:47

What is the BayTSP ??:shockkk!:

kazuya
01.06.09, 10:54
What is the BayTSP ??

Anti P2P company

SealLion
01.06.09, 14:39
I think that he's talking about the fact that TL was recently infiltrated by an anit P2P company. Maybe that's it bcause I did read it int he news latlely.

anon
01.06.09, 18:28
Hmm, that sounds bad do you have any evidence of this? Or where we can read more of it?

Anti-Piracy Group ‘BayTSP’ Infiltrates TorrentLeech.org | THE source for BitTorrent & P2P Tips, Tricks and Info. | FileShareFreak (http://filesharefreak.com/2009/05/14/anti-piracy-group-baytsp-infiltrates-torrentleechorg/)

SomeGuy
30.06.09, 15:59
I would like to know if TL could be a good options for me, here is what I am interested in, so if someone could tell me whether it has it I will be very grateful :wink:

* One on One with Tony Horton ISO
* Ross Enamait Full Throttle Conditioning
* Daniel Pena
* Eben Pagan

anon
30.06.09, 16:02
Seems it has none of those. :frown:

SomeGuy
30.06.09, 16:16
Seems it has none of those. :frown:

Then I'll stick with Demonoid and ElbitZ. If other people are interested, they both have all of these (Except full throttle conditioning, the author ross enamait is going around trackers asking them to put his stuff in the banned list)

downtown
06.07.09, 12:16
When you would to cheat @TorrentLeech after let's say, creating a dupe acc, does it make any difference to wait some time (1 week - 1 month) before cheating or do you guys just jump right on it?

shawshankraj
06.07.09, 12:22
does it make any difference to wait some time (1 week - 1 month) before cheating or do you guys just jump right on it?

We wait sometime Before start Cheating on it.
And BTW TL has permenent Snatch list so whenever u cheat look on which torrent u r cheating.

naughtydog
06.07.09, 12:25
When you would to cheat @TorrentLeech after let's say, creating a dupe acc, does it make any difference to wait some time (1 week - 1 month) before cheating or do you guys just jump right on it?

this has been asked several times, it says at least for 45days and dont cheat big so it becomes obvious. And check the clients that work there so you know what to do. :top:

splicer
06.07.09, 13:31
The 45 days waiting time only applies to BitMe and BitMeTV, because of their new member monitering squad. With TL there isn't a need to wait a certain amount of time; they have such poor scripts. Just don't end up on the Top 10 fastest uploaders, or Top 10 most uploaded andyou'll be fine.

downtown
06.07.09, 13:36
it says at least for 45days

So you use it normally without cheating for 45 days and then start? And the reason because they especially watch the activity of new accounts? I mean if you cheat and use very slow speeds, why then wait. Was intending to try PMR. :wink:

splicer
06.07.09, 13:41
On TL, don't worry about waiting 45 days, that's only for BitMe and BitMeTV.

downtown
06.07.09, 13:51
Great! Saw your post after posting mine :P Just one more thing, what do you consider to be reasonable speeds? I'm always very careful. Used 200-300k/s UP with NRPG RM back in the day. Read something about 2-3M/s would be okay @ TL.

DriftKing
06.07.09, 14:46
Just started cheating on first day with my dupe account. still alive after two month. All tools works there.

anon
06.07.09, 17:45
High rates work fine at TL, just fake on well-leeched torrents. PMR also works, just be sensible and don't flash terabytes. :wink:

divlord
06.07.09, 18:07
High rates work fine at TL, just fake on well-leeched torrents. PMR also works, just be sensible and don't flash terabytes. :wink:

Is flashing better than seeding with 1MB/s etc? I mean safety wise

anon
06.07.09, 18:08
That's strange, I used speeds definitely not available in my country without problems. :confused:

Either way, it's good to know you got your account back. :smile:

antiseedbox
07.07.09, 00:47
I prefer it to SCC...
TL is very fast...:biggrin:

arnold
21.07.09, 20:03
What's really funny to me that i have lost my account at TL due to "INACTIVITY".

anon
21.07.09, 20:03
I lost my first account like that, too. It'd be 150+ weeks old by now. :redface:

naughtydog
21.07.09, 20:10
What's really funny to me that i have lost my account at TL due to "INACTIVITY".

60 days of not logging in your accounts leads to accounts disabled for inactivity on TL right? :confused: wow you might have totally forgotten about torrents then.

anon
21.07.09, 20:11
40 days, actually.

DriftKing
22.07.09, 11:23
in active at TL ?? I cant imagine :biggrin: this is the best torrent site. if you inactive at TL you are not in P2p world !!

CS Curse
22.07.09, 11:49
in active at TL ?? I cant imagine :biggrin: this is the best torrent site. if you inactive at TL you are not in P2p world !!

Maybe if you go on a long vacation to somewhere where you have no internet.

downtown
22.07.09, 12:05
And I believe TL have the "parking" option for people who are going on vacation so you can be inactive for a longer period of time, losing some privileges doing it.

shoulder
22.07.09, 15:22
AFAIK TL doesn't have the parking action enabled, but maybe I'm wrong.

Kyllyee
22.07.09, 17:36
I think you are right shoulder. I have never seen such a feature on TL, so if parking does exist, please share. XD

anon
22.07.09, 17:46
shoulder is right, it doesn't have that option. References to "parking" in their FAQ are nowhere to be seen, as well.

moojuice
28.07.09, 08:09
I honestly believe if you have TL, you don't need any other site. I've been a member since nearly the beginning, well one account has been closed like other people posting above because of inactivity. They have basically everything new, and if they don't have it, i would go to RS sites for older material.

naughtydog
28.07.09, 10:25
imo, i think TL and Zamunda is flawless combination. Honestly get FL.ro as backup if you can. Cheating on all 3 is as easy as taking candy from a baby.

CS Curse
28.07.09, 13:07
Jep, I also use Zamunda. Of course it is less fast than TL.

shoulder
28.07.09, 14:31
In terms of content you may be right, but keep in mind it's less secure than using a smaller tracker. :wink2:

anon
28.07.09, 17:44
TL is the bigger and more cheatable ScT, in my opinion. Zamunda is like a Demonoid Plus. The latter's speed depends on if you're bulgarian or not :biggrin:

shoulder, +1.

hearthrob
28.07.09, 18:52
Hi guys. if I may ask can someone please point me to a workable method to signup with TL? I'm pretty new to the private tracker scene and have been waiting over the last 2 months for TL to open registration (via btrac and OpenTracker websites) however it seems like it doesn't do so. Thanks and appreciate any help! If this is a wrong question to ask in this thread please kindly accept my apology. :smile:

anon
28.07.09, 18:52
They'll never open registrations. signup.php doesn't even exist on their server.

Wait for IRC invites to open again, or get an invite/account.

hearthrob
28.07.09, 19:37
Thanks Anon. Is there any means to constantly check for IRC invites to open again? Like any website or program? Thank you!

anon
28.07.09, 19:38
Check the FileNetworks and FileShareFreak blogs regularly. They'll tell you when they open. FSF even has an RSS feed.

hearthrob
28.07.09, 19:49
That's great, i'll do that. I've just pop over to the IRC on TL and immediately saw a message - "those who ask for invite will be kick out/ban" :biggrin:

Zorvak
29.07.09, 08:40
Also, don't forget to check this thread :

http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=228

Empoleon
29.07.09, 15:06
Invites thru IRC won't come around for more than a month or so seeing how they recently had a giveaway there.

anon
29.07.09, 17:39
http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=228

Like TL will ever open :biggrin:

Just kidding, when they do the IRC thing again, you'll be sure to find a post there AND a separate thread. We agreed to do this so when mid-level trackers "open" like this, nobody would skip them for not checking a huge, monolithic "open trackers" thread.

tj0ckis
21.10.09, 23:21
Okey so I was banned from TL for making a little misstake, I got the "403 You are banned" text :redface: And now I wonder if they saved my IP?

Because I now tried to just clear my cookies and after that I could visit the site again! I could of course not log into my account, but it worked just browsing around. If I get invited to TL again will I automatically be banned again or don't they save IP?

I sometimes get a new IP, can I make a new account with that or will they see that the IP is from the same town? Not so many live here.

anon
21.10.09, 23:22
And now I wonder if they saved my IP?

If you cleared your cookies and are back on track... :tongue:

will they see that the IP is from the same town?

Yes, IPs are easily traceable to geographical locations. I'd advice you to change yours if you want to reregister or use another account.

tj0ckis
21.10.09, 23:27
If you cleared your cookies and are back on track... :tongue:

Yes, IPs are easily traceable to geographical locations. I'd advice you to change yours if you want to reregister or use another account.
So if I still have the same IP I can re-register at TL as long as I have my cookies cleared? They don't save IP?

I won't get automatically banned? A staff member have to look at my IP and they can then see my location?

And I just have to say that you answer fast! Always! :klatsch_3:

anon
21.10.09, 23:28
So if I still have the same IP I can re-register at TL as long as I have my cookies cleared?

I won't get automatically banned?

I can't really know... I'm not TL staff :tongue: Although by the looks of it they aren't storing your IP in a blocklist (you can reaccess the site after clearing your cookies), I'd recommend getting another address. Better safe than sorry.

tj0ckis
21.10.09, 23:29
I can't really know... I'm not TL staff :tongue: That's why I recommend getting another one. Better safe than sorry.
Yeah but if I want another IP I have to use a proxy or some kind of program, right? Don't think it will be worth it then, can just download from RevTT instead.

But if it's possible to change IP without any program/proxy that have to run all the time I would be interested.

anon
21.10.09, 23:30
But if it's possible to change IP without any program/proxy that have to run all the time I would be interested.

You can spoof your MAC (link (http://www.sb-innovation.de/f59/how-change-spoof-mac-address-9761/)) or use the script in my signature if you have a dynamic IP Cable line.

There's also the alternative of using the AOL Software (http://www.sb-innovation.de/f59/tut-how-change-your-ip-address-aol-software-9897/), which is indeed an undetectable proxy, if those two don't work for you.

tj0ckis
21.10.09, 23:32
You can spoof your MAC or use the script in my signature if you have a dynamic IP Cable line.
Okey thank you really much! I will try that, but do you know if that will change my location IP adress?

Anyways a big thank to you! Keep it up :top:

anon
21.10.09, 23:33
do you know if that will change my location IP adress?

It won't, your IP will still belong to your country.

drinkingproblem
21.10.09, 23:36
Okey so I was banned from TL for making a little misstake, I got the "403 You are banned" text :redface: And now I wonder if they saved my IP?

Because I now tried to just clear my cookies and after that I could visit the site again! I could of course not log into my account, but it worked just browsing around. If I get invited to TL again will I automatically be banned again or don't they save IP?

I sometimes get a new IP, can I make a new account with that or will they see that the IP is from the same town? Not so many live here.

change ip and get a new account :wink:

i have a spare account, if you want i can give it to you...

tj0ckis
21.10.09, 23:39
change ip and get a new account :wink:

i have a spare account, if you want i can give it to you...
:smile: Thank you so much, but I can't accept that! Wouldn't feel right to take your account.

I'll rather just try to get an account by myself. :wink:

Thanks anyway!

drinkingproblem
21.10.09, 23:47
:smile: Thank you so much, but I can't accept that! Wouldn't feel right to take your account.

I'll rather just try to get an account by myself. :wink:

Thanks anyway!

no problem, i'm here to help :top:

badazz
23.10.09, 04:59

lol what did u do to get caught and if ur ip is changed u shud be good

anon
23.10.09, 14:17
if ur ip is changed u shud be good

As a general tip, don't forget about cookies. They can and probably will get you banned if you try to reregister at a site without having cleared them.

xpy119
03.04.10, 23:34
hey anon,

I'm actually in a similar situation...not quite the same though

About a month ago, i traded an account with someone from a different country. First day i logged into his account, i promptly changed the password and email. After a day or two, i was banned from the site (403 forbidden). I wasnt sure about my account being banned though, because I hadn't been able to try (couldn't even access site).

Today, i cleared out my cache and cookies in chrome, and i was able to access the site..

I was even able to retrieve my password by submitting my email..which i had just received (haven't clicked link to reset password yet).

What are some precautions i should take in order for me to keep my account? Is it safe to assume my account is still alive (password retrieval email)?

Is it even possible to hold the account? maybe TL saw there were two different people logging into the account from different ip (countries)?

i was looking at your script, and was thinking this could help
http://www.sb-innovation.de/90031-post17.html

but wanted your opinion first.

thanks anon :)

anon
03.04.10, 23:35
I was even able to retrieve my password by submitting my email..which i had just received (haven't clicked link to reset password yet).

Doesn't mean anything, a lot of TBdev trackers let you recover the passwords of disabled accounts. Check if yours is actually enabled first.

xpy119
03.04.10, 23:42
Doesn't mean anything, a lot of TBdev trackers let you recover the passwords of disabled accounts. Check if yours is actually enabled first.

bah, you were right, my account is disabled :(

i would still like to know for future reference :) if i do happen to get an invite or another account, what are some things i need to do? so i dont make the same mistakes twice.

anon
03.04.10, 23:43
i would still like to know for future reference :) if i do happen to get an invite or another account, what are some things i need to do?

http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=19023 :unsure:

Don't worry about the IP change. TL doesn't care.

xpy119
04.04.10, 00:24
one more thing i forgot to add before...probably doesn't matter but

I never had any activity (fake uploading, downloading) in the time between my login and my ban and the account was in good standing (3.0 ratio)

thanks, im glad to hear TL doesn't care about IP

AsusGraphics
19.04.10, 21:33
Does anyone know when TL had have open sign ups?

anon
19.04.10, 21:34
Open signups: probably once after its initial launch, and never again.

Now, invites via IRC... they offered them twice last January.

AsusGraphics
19.04.10, 21:41
Ok. Guess, I have to try to hunt an invite.

hellman
20.04.10, 17:26
but they do ban on country ip change... however in some cases people get lucky but in most cases they do ban on country ip change

---------- Post added at 16:26 ---------- Previous post was at 16:24 ----------

[quote=AsusGraphics;181848]Ok. Guess, I have to try to hunt an invite.

yeah u have to but it is very hard to get as only vip users gets the invite which means either u had to trade or buy...
but beware of spies dude...
don't ever buy or trade a account from anyone if do buy or trade from person who's from urr country

anon
20.04.10, 18:12
but they do ban on country ip change... however in some cases people get lucky but in most cases they do ban on country ip change

Not really... I've been sharing one of my accounts from someone on the other side of the world for around a year and it's still enabled :biggrin:

yeah u have to but it is very hard to get as only vip users gets the invite which means either u had to trade or buy...

Power Users get invites sometimes, too. The criteria TL uses for giving them isn't clear.

Mihai
20.04.10, 18:57
The criteria TL uses for giving them isn't clear.

Yes it is.Mods just say:"Hmm, who should i give invites to today?"
Couple of clicks and here you go, invites.
It's this or just a randomizer.I haven't got one in soo long.Actually never got one:eek3:

anon
20.04.10, 19:00
It's this or just a randomizer.I haven't got one in soo long.Actually never got one:eek3:

Last year I got one for doing nothing, and two more after I used it. None of my accounts got invites ever since. :dabs:

hellman
20.04.10, 20:26
Yes it is.Mods just say:"Hmm, who should i give invites to today?"
Couple of clicks and here you go, invites.

so do the the evil stuff inwhich u're perfect CHEATING GODmay then they'll spare u a invite so that u can stop messing with ratio:biggrin:

@anon
well u're d lucky one mate.. i recieved 1 tl account and next day got banned and it it happened again next time but third time was lucky i got a invite and even my friend lost 5 times his loose win ratio 5-1

i've my own expiriences to it

Mihai
20.04.10, 20:37
so do the the evil stuff inwhich u're perfect CHEATING GODmay then they'll spare u a invite so that u can stop messing with ratio

Actually i don't like cheating there because i can actually seed.

anon
20.04.10, 20:38
@anon
well u're d lucky one mate.. i recieved 1 tl account and next day got banned

Perhaps you changed the password and e-mail too quickly?

hellman
20.04.10, 20:40
Perhaps you changed the password and e-mail too quickly?

in first time i did but the second time came to know about this fact and i did'nt changed but i still got the banhammer

Instab
20.04.10, 20:53
in first time i did but the second time came to know about this fact and i did'nt changed but i still got the banhammer

you might wanna have a look at this excellent guide
http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=19023

saebrtooth
16.06.10, 10:35
I have to agree somewhat, looks like the admins at TL are doing a lot of things right, they have massive member#, great speeds, massive torrent# and good range (of porn [joking] not rly). the only thing I find annoying is the VIP invite only thing.

hellman
16.06.10, 10:40
the only thing I find annoying is the VIP invite only thing.

but i've heard that the staff gives invites to some power users randomly not to all to some special .. i don't know the creteria but it happens sometimes... may b some day u'll get lucky:biggrin:

i don't remember on which tracker i read the announcement but i think its tl or scc... most prob its tl i guess .. it was one of the satff members trnsplanted sex.. now he became she... u can congratulate her and blah blah somethin like that:lol:

saebrtooth
16.06.10, 11:28
i don't know the creteria but it happens sometimes... may b some day u'll get lucky:biggrin:

Maybe but lol I doubt without cash they will donate to me a mere member :(

---------- Post added at 11:28 ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 ----------

Anyway invites received are gona be given away anyway, I mean how many fake accounts do u need at TL lol

Vuze-Sbi
16.06.10, 11:55
I was using tl 4 years before I've lost my account because of a trip to another country for 3.5 months it was really bad then i became a member revott almost same also brrip encoders like npw which is my favorite encoders are on revott ,
don't know what's going on tl
right know which encoders on tl?I'm curious about that cause they have new brrip xvid sections
my favs,NPW,Vision,Flawl3ss,Rx

NPW:Revott-Torrentday-ipt same time
Vision:IPT-Torrentday same time,sometimes they don't up revott even if they it's kinda late
Flawl3ss:Usally first IPT i think their fav.place hard to find just in time on revott or anywhere
RX:Torrentday-Revott first a little bit later IPT
Espacially flawl3ss' priority is IPT and it's the only reason i use ipt.

saebrtooth
16.06.10, 14:09
did u forget to park ur account?

anon
16.06.10, 14:11
You can't park your account at TL.

You can ask to have it disabled and then reenabled once you're back, though.

Vuze-Sbi
16.06.10, 14:47
I didn't know that lol ...Don't know why I think there are too many good tracker around now not like 4 years ago you can find good stuff and speed easily ...

saebrtooth
16.06.10, 15:22
You can't park your account at TL.

You can ask to have it disabled and then reenabled once you're back, though.

you are right, u have to do it by request

Sazzy
12.08.10, 01:30
Since Torrentleech's layout is pretty much broke more than half of the time, due to large pictures or whitespace spammings for ascii art etc, here's a Stylish script to fix it so Torrentleech finally gets the look it deserves:

@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);
@-moz-document domain("torrentleech.org") {
center>table+p>table[style="width: 95%;"],
center>table+p>table[style="width: 95%;"]+br+table[style="width: 95%;"],
p[align="center"]+table[style="width: 95%;"],
table[width="95%"]+table[style="width: 95%;"]
{display:none !important;}
.xexe[width="805"], .xexe[width="805"] table
{max-width:805px!important;}
.xexe[width="805"] nobr
{white-space:normal!important;}
.xexe[width="805"] img
{max-width:663px!important;}
}

anon
08.11.10, 22:15
Just like SCC, TL really fucked it up with the new design. It's awful. I don't use torrents anymore, but I'm not sure they're worth the effort of logging in once a month now. :wermm:

Sazzy
08.11.10, 22:17
Just like SCC, TL really fucked it up with the new design. It's awful. I don't use torrents anymore, but I'm not sure they're worth the effort of logging in once a month now. :wermm:

If you don't use torrents, it's probably not worth. Layouts can be easily fixed, though :)

shoulder
08.11.10, 22:22
TBH, I like the new design way more than the old one. :smile:

http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=8599

caballero
08.11.10, 22:30

image (http://www.sb-innovation.de/members/shoulder-albums-bilder-f-r-posts-4-picture8599-tl.jpg)

as long as they keep it without ads (unlikely), it's simply..awesome

saebrtooth
08.11.10, 22:45
A change in the look is sometimes a good thing as long as we can choose it :)
the new look looks cools

Sazzy
08.11.10, 23:01

image (http://www.sb-innovation.de/members/shoulder-albums-bilder-f-r-posts-4-picture8599-tl.jpg)

Seeing that pic, I totally agree. TL was up for a good overhaul, as I mentioned before, and judging from that, they totally succeeded.

as long as they keep it without ads (unlikely), it's simply..awesome

That's where Stylish scripts etc come in. :lol:

Instab
08.11.10, 23:16
i'd like to have a look but it dösn't load for me :P

haxmania1
09.11.10, 01:35
i'd like to have a look but it doesn't load for me :P

Check now... only enabled for VIP and POWER USERs....

Looks are good ... lets see how simple the features...

Dynamic
09.11.10, 01:46
Not for me and I am a power user...

Uninvited2611
09.11.10, 02:01
More screens :)
http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/2885/newtl1.png
http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/3301/newtl.png

RUBBER
09.11.10, 02:16
Not for me and I am a power user...

try this way

......torrentleech.org/torrents/browse

haxmania1
09.11.10, 02:19
try this way

......torrentleech.org/torrents/browse

I just logged in and I got through in..

* ANyone knows what exactly buffer is all about in TL?

BrianBosworth
09.11.10, 02:39
I just logged in and I got through in..

* ANyone knows what exactly buffer is all about in TL?

The difference between your total upload and download amount.

Blocker
09.11.10, 03:03

I will add a positive difference between your upload and download amount because it sounds like "ratio" :tongue:

Dynamic
09.11.10, 03:03
Ok got in but...man I dont like the new look. I guess just use to the old site. Seems the new site is slower and just looks pretty...

Instab
09.11.10, 03:27
i have to say i'm impressed. the site is smooth, the icons fit and the number of selction options below the searchbar after the search is very neat. tags also look reasonable contrary to many gazelle sites.
the only thing i don't like that much is the header but hey, imho by far the best "new" site i've seen so far. that's how SCC v2 should have been :dry:

Resurrection
09.11.10, 03:42
Same here...Not a PU yet...

But I hope they get rid of that ridiculous 'captcha' thing that drove me wild...

Looks like its gone as I type this and I'm starting to like the change already...

alpacino
09.11.10, 05:18
I honestly don't like the new design. Well, as long as they don't switch to gazelle, I'm fine with it. :unsure:

SealLion
09.11.10, 05:33
Same here...Not a PU yet...

But I hope they get rid of that ridiculous 'captcha' thing that drove me wild...

Looks like its gone as I type this and I'm starting to like the change already...

Just noticed this too. I'm kinda glad that, that capcha thing is gone as well as I find these capcha annoying at times. I understand thier reason but still annoying at times, yes??

pimphead07
09.11.10, 05:47
Captcha is still there, if you put in the wrong password at the time of login, it shows up.. which is the way it should be.

SBcheater
09.11.10, 07:29
Good things Ads are gone, nice new look as compared to previous crap design, but I am still curious about have they brought any changes to their monitoring scripts such as cheat detection and country change notification and so on.. I didn't noticed any changes in their scripts so far as things are going just well as before.

ParamouR
09.11.10, 09:01
I totally like the new TL its much better and even smother than the old crappy TL interface. Also the CAPTCHA is gone>! ;)

yoco
09.11.10, 15:47
I can't login now! Just got home and saw that they changed the look. Anyway when I wanna login it says "page not found"!

CoreCore
09.11.10, 16:00
Hell, I still can't get in either lol. Get invalid pw & login error. I will still give it an other day or so before I bug them to see if something got changed.

Resurrection
09.11.10, 16:52
I can't login now! Just got home and saw that they changed the look. Anyway when I wanna login it says "page not found"!

Yup yoco...same here...I was able to log in earlier though....

anon
09.11.10, 17:23
when I wanna login it says "page not found"!

http://www.sb-innovation.de/showthread.php?threadid=6762&page=60#post238088

haxmania1
09.11.10, 17:27
Yup yoco...same here...I was able to log in earlier though....

Same problem.. just refreshed n yo.. i was in :P

anon
09.11.10, 17:43

Exactly as it is on any other tracker. :unsure:

i have to say i'm impressed. the site is smooth, the icons fit and the number of selction options below the searchbar after the search is very neat.

Well, I totally hate the new design. Specially the category icons. :wfrown:

* anon is on the lookout for someone deserving a 5-year old TL account

haxmania1
09.11.10, 19:40
Exactly as it is on any other tracker. :unsure:

true... Category layout sux... ...

Sazzy
09.11.10, 19:41
true... Category layout sux... ...

How so? It's actually nicely divided in categories now, making it easier to find the one you need.

Instab
10.11.10, 02:52

okay, name a recent site you like.
i recall you hating the new SCC as well. although i do agree on that it might be interesting to hear what would meet your expectations

Resurrection
10.11.10, 03:53

Please Please Please Please consider me....

---------- Post added at 04:53 ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 ----------

BTW what is wrong woth SCC's layout?

I love the new TL as much as I loved the new SCC...Both are good enough for me...

I'm very low maintenance anyway....

anon
10.11.10, 14:07
okay, name a recent site you like.

There are many, but what do you mean with "recent"?

i recall you hating the new SCC as well. although i do agree on that it might be interesting to hear what would meet your expectations

BTW what is wrong woth SCC's layout?

Well, where to start. The category icons are crap and so are the background tile, logo and country flags. You need to surf through three pages before you can log out. The UI still has a bunch of glitches (go to your profile, or check the seeder and leecher columns in the browse page).

Sazzy
10.11.10, 17:37
The UI still has a bunch of glitches (go to your profile, or check the seeder and leecher columns in the browse page).

sbi has (or at least had, i havent checked recently) glitches like that. Maybe they're still working on it?

anon
10.11.10, 17:40
Maybe they're still working on it?

Would need to check their forums to know, but last time I gave them a look, there were many unanswered bug and glitch reports. :wfrown:

LegitCheater
10.11.10, 19:34
Well, where to start. The category icons are crap and so are the background tile, logo and country flags. You need to surf through three pages before you can log out. The UI still has a bunch of glitches (go to your profile, or check the seeder and leecher columns in the browse page).What glitches are you referring to in the seeder/leecher column? Also, why are you checking the country flags so much that they actually bother you, don't people just lie on those anyway? Same with the logo...And the background tile.

You seem to be OCD'ing all over the place when most of the content is right in the middle of the page. :tongue:

As for the new TL, I am not sure how I feel about it. It feels like there is way too much information for a 0day tracker. I understand the benefit on sites like What.cd where you have artist pages and such, but all this categorization here now I am not sure. I guess it might come in handy when you can't decided on to watch and want to have some "Netflix-like" jump through genres and categories experience. But less serious, I want to download the usual stuff, seems a bit overwhelming.

Meh, will most likely get used to it. I have been using scc a lot more though. Kind of like having the ssl tracker to use. Sure its benefit is debatable, but as with ipblock lists...It does not hurt my connection one bit, and I don't have to worry about seeding because of RM, so it is more of a "Why not?"

anon
10.11.10, 19:42
What glitches are you referring to in the seeder/leecher column?

As of my last check, there wasn't a table border dividing the amount of seeders and leechers. So a browse page that looked like this:

+---------+
|_Sd_|_Lc_|
| 92 | 4 |
| | |
+---------+

Now looks like this:

+-------+
|_Sd_Lc_|
| 92 4 |
| |
+-------+

You could say it's not a big issue, but it can be confusing when skimming through the torrent list. (Does that torrent have 92 seeders and 4 leechers, or 924 something?)

Also, why are you checking the country flags so much that they actually bother you, don't people just lie on those anyway? Same with the logo...And the background tile.

Both are practically visible at all times, specially the background tile. And as for me, I prefer the old butterfly logo and a solid background. The flags aren't a big deal anyway, as I can just adblock them.

Meh, will most likely get used to it. I have been using scc a lot more though. Kind of like having the ssl tracker to use. Sure its benefit is debatable, but as with ipblock lists...It does not hurt my connection one bit, and I don't have to worry about seeding because of RM, so it is more of a "Why not?"

I started using SSL trackers when I discovered those wouldn't time out on days when my ISP's connection decided to be crappy, and have been using those whenever available ever since.

scr_am
10.11.10, 21:33
I like the design but some changes have been unnecessary, but deficiencies are corrected by the day.

CHscx
10.11.10, 22:19
guys what's going on with this? i'm trying to open the categories but nothing show up..
http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/5858/70295311.jpg
anyone have the same ?

anon
10.11.10, 22:22
Me, I can't even open the browse page:

An error occurred
Application error

But you're not the only one with that kind of issue...

CHscx
10.11.10, 22:27
it's working only by hitting an icon of a torrent.

Sazzy
10.11.10, 22:37
guys what's going on with this? i'm trying to open the categories but nothing show up..
image (http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/5858/70295311.jpg)
anyone have the same ?

Working here since the start.

BestestBuddy
11.11.10, 01:12
I still don't understand what the whole 'feed the torrentleech' was about... Why try to copy ftn? Its not like it'll help you in any aspect at all :rolleyes:

LegitCheater
11.11.10, 04:35
image (http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/5858/70295311.jpg)
anyone have the same ?Are you using Internet Explorer, that "accelerator" blue icon looks familiar. That could be the reason. This new design seems to be using a bunch of fancy css3 and html design elements. I don't see that same thing when I try IE, the corners of some stuff don't seem rounded. But on Firefox and Chrome everything seems fine.

I still don't understand what the whole 'feed the torrentleech' was about... Why try to copy ftn? Its not like it'll help you in any aspect at all :rolleyes:It's suppose to say "Feed the leech", as in the actual insect. Notice how those three words are the same color. Also, there is blood on the word "torrent" and blood droplets coming out of the, what appears to be, a leech. I guess it's implying the association of leeches and their use for clinical bloodletting.

However, I am lost on why they decided to add biology to their "branding". And the "Feed the Leech" does sound a lot like "Feed The Net", though I am not sure why they would try to imitate a site like FTN, when TL already does a decent job at making a name for it self in the torrent world. They should have just stuck with the "not scene, not here" tag, at least that has become "their own" in a sense. Also, the logo portion after you login makes no reference to either of parts of the login page, it does not even say "not scene, not here", just adds another slogan in stead.

It's like they are undecided or something,
"Not scene, not here"
"Feed The Leech"
"This is what happens when you seed"

Blocker
11.11.10, 06:11
I still don't understand what the whole 'feed the torrentleech' was about... Why try to copy ftn? Its not like it'll help you in any aspect at all :rolleyes:

However, I am lost on why they decided to add biology to their "branding". And the "Feed the Leech" does sound a lot like "Feed The Net", though I am not sure why they would try to imitate a site like FTN, when TL already does a decent job at making a name for it self in the torrent world.

Yeap its logo sound like FTN for me too,I like the idea of the leecher and blood and I agree with you guys they should just keep one slogan even if they are still in beta state

themask
11.11.10, 15:04
The new look sucks Why not all in one descriptions, why 5 clicks?

anon
11.11.10, 15:06
It's like they are undecided or something,
"Not scene, not here"
"Feed The Leech"
"This is what happens when you seed"

It's "not here, not scene". :gtongue:

And we're of a common mind regarding the "feed the X" thingy.

CHscx
11.11.10, 16:39
Are you using Internet Explorer, that "accelerator" blue icon looks familiar. That could be the reason. This new design seems to be using a bunch of fancy css3 and html design elements. I don't see that same thing when I try IE, the corners of some stuff don't seem rounded. But on Firefox and Chrome everything seems fine.

yes i'm using IE..
so thnks for your help mate. time to change for chrome

anon
11.11.10, 18:15
so thnks for your help mate. time to change for chrome

Or any other decent browser...

By the way, the corners aren't rounded in Opera, also. The TL guys should know that testing doesn't end when it looks good on IE and FF. :wdabs:

Sazzy
11.11.10, 18:31
Or any other decent browser...

By the way, the corners aren't rounded in Opera, also. The TL guys should know that testing doesn't end when it looks good on IE and FF. :wdabs:

most of the time it does, though.

saebrtooth
12.11.10, 00:15
If opera follows standards Im sure it wuld look as it was designed

anon
12.11.10, 00:31
If opera follows standards

It does. It gets 100% in the Acid3, in case that still means something (I'm not too up-to-date with this stuff).

Instab
12.11.10, 02:19
Well, where to start. The category icons are crap and so are the background tile, logo and country flags. You need to surf through three pages before you can log out. The UI still has a bunch of glitches (go to your profile, or check the seeder and leecher columns in the browse page).

so which site would you name as a good example for how things should look like / be done?

kazuya
12.11.10, 10:38
honestly old look was better...

DriftKing
12.11.10, 13:50
New looks is sucks....I miss my old TL :(

anon
12.11.10, 14:14
so which site would you name as a good example for how things should look like / be done?

The old TL and SCC, Filelist.ro, What.cd, Waffles, Filepost.

Instab
12.11.10, 21:25
The old TL and SCC, Filelist.ro, What.cd, Waffles, Filepost.

what.cd with the useless tags and waffles with all the bugs?
and how was the old TL better? the new filters are really neat and it's done nicely technically

anon
12.11.10, 21:27
what.cd with the useless tags and waffles with all the bugs?
and how was the old TL better?

I'm talking about looks here, rather than functionality.

Why are What's tags "useless", by the way?

the new filters are really neat and it's done nicely technically

The bugged snatchlist, crappy search and lack of rounded edges in my browser begs to differ :happy:

Instab
12.11.10, 21:53
I'm talking about looks here, rather than functionality.

oh, i though more about the whole site.

Why are What's tags "useless", by the way?

because they never match? :P

at least when i searched by tags it was a disaster :lol:
the popular stuff had almost all tags available attached which led to funny results :P

The bugged snatchlist

i güss that'll be fixed soon

crappy search

why crappy?

and lack of rounded edges in my browser

i don't think missing opera support is something to blame a web developer for. although it's good it's just not popular enough.

anyways the site is not even a week old. to be fair one should give them 2 more weeks or so to get the stuff done

anon
12.11.10, 21:58
because they never match? :P

at least when i searched by tags it was a disaster :lol:
the popular stuff had almost all tags available attached which led to funny results :P

That's the users' fault, rather than the tag system's. I think tags greatly help both the tracker and uploaders by solving the "should I put this under rock or 80s", as well as enabling you to discover new artists who are within your musical tastes.

why crappy?

The old search would sort results on a "newest first" basis, i.e. by uploading date. This one won't. You get a random mix instead.

i don't think missing opera support is something to blame a web developer for. although it's good it's just not popular enough.

I solved the issue by setting my User-Agent to Firefox's. It appears it's the JavaScript code they used that can't recognize Opera and doesn't round edges. Still...

anyways the site is not even a week old. to be fair one should give them 2 more weeks or so to get the stuff done

That's totally right :gsmile:

Instab
12.11.10, 22:09
That's the users' fault, rather than the tag system's.

of course it is but the result is still the same hence i said useless.

I think tags greatly help both the tracker and uploaders by solving the "should I put this under rock or 80s"

then restricting tagging rights might help

as well as enabling you to discover new artists who are within your musical tastes.

exactly that dösn't work well because of the problems mentioned above.
at least half of the results were not even close. but that was some time ago. maybe it's better now

The old search would sort results on a "newest first" basis, i.e. by uploading date. This one won't. You get a random mix instead.

and no option to sort by date :dry:

I solved the issü by setting my User-Agent to Firefox's. It appears it's the JavaScript code they used that can't recognize Opera and dösn't round edges. Still...

sure, could be done, no qüstion

anon
12.11.10, 22:11
exactly that doesn't work well because of the problems mentioned above.
at least half of the results were not even close. but that was some time ago. maybe it's better now

I've had mostly good results. May depend on your initial genre and artist choices. :idunno:

Instab
12.11.10, 22:13
I've had mostly good results. May depend on your initial genre and artist choices. :idunno:

yeah, the result quality is random to some extent

redbluepen
14.11.10, 21:18
Downloads in torrentleech are very fast, and the new sites look in very nice.
But it still has some bugs.

SealLion
14.11.10, 22:34
Downloads in torrentleech are very fast, and the new sites look in very nice.
But it still has some bugs.

I guess no site will ever be perfect even after site renovations are made.
People will still be complaining about this 'n that.
Before you know it, people will be both complaining and demanding that bittorent incorporate some kind of "cool" factor into it for downloading something for free.

miguel452
15.11.10, 00:13
I love the TL but not really fond of captachas.
The speeds are good

anon
15.11.10, 00:14

Yet now they only appear when you fail to log in the first time.

Come on, try writing something useful. :wmellow:

Mogli247
15.11.10, 00:31
And finally they have some better looking category icons :)

Keep up the good work.

SealLion
15.11.10, 07:22

I realize that CAPTCHAs can be annoying, but think of them this way:

Would you want to own a torrent site and be spammed all day?? :smile:
I am sure that your aware that CAPTCHAs are used to prevent the 'bots' from navigating sites that are protected by CAPTCHAs.
And I'm equally sure your also aware that no computer program can read any kind of distorted text as well as humans can. :smile:
Besides, CAPTCHAs only take about 10 secs of one's time. ;)
Nothing that'll demand much.

Think of NOT having a CAPTCHAs as some drunk guy at the door who lets people into an exclusive party.

And after that, think of CAPTCHAs confounding all the many human visitors that visit what-ever site and who read those lines asking them to check some checkbox which asks:

"are you a human? If so, check this box",

......because many question their humanity or have been denied the power to state that fact by some Court of a Banana Republic.
LOL.

pimphead07
17.11.10, 11:56
they've changed icons ..AGAIN.. this time though it looks much better now in my opinion

Resurrection
17.11.10, 18:21
I hate that all the files are rar'd... :(

Unnecessarily takes up space...

---------- Post added at 19:21 ---------- Previous post was at 19:16 ----------

the new TL requires me to "log in" everytime... :P Nothing new there...Happened with the old one too...

This time however there is no Captcha...So its ok...

-----

There Help link is also broken...

---
Can anyone confirm the above issues?

Sazzy
17.11.10, 18:25

rars are smaller than the actual files :gninja:

---------- Post added at 19:21 ---------- Previous post was at 19:16 ----------

the new TL requires me to "log in" everytime... :P Nothing new there...Happened with the old one too...

-----

There Help link is also broken...

---
Can anyone confirm the above issues?

You should really try reading their front page first.

anon
17.11.10, 18:27

The parts sure are smaller than the whole file(s), but overall, RARs will be slightly bigger than it due to header overhead plus no compression. TL's probably uploading RARed stuff so that they can race it faster.

Note RARs are an advantage for honest ratio-keepers, you can download 1 part and seed it a lot to increase your ratio.

Resurrection
17.11.10, 18:29

You don't say...

Is it not required to extract first to use the content?Does that not mean twice the memory for the same product?

You should really try reading their front page first.

I was wondering if things have changed since...

alpacino
17.11.10, 19:01

This doesn't happen to me, only if I clean cookies or change ip. Maybe your ip is resetting randomly, thus the need for new logins? Or maybe your browser is configured to clean cache when exit?

Not always, most stuff like xvids and isos are already compressed sources, so you end up gaining these overheads anon mentioned.

slikrapid
17.11.10, 20:07

keeping the scene files intact (rar's & co.) is a good practice, which is especially useful for large releases in case a part of it gets corrupted (you need to re-download only the broken part, a fraction of the original size & time/ratio/bandwidth saver), for multi-dvd archiving (release is already split in parts smaller than a dvd size), transferring to systems that have inconvenient file-size limitations (fi. fat32), additional compression (in case the original or its parts were left uncompressed, which is likely sufficient to overcome the overhead disadvantage), availability (it can usually be re-downloaded from every source that uses intact rar's), validity (check whether it is original and trustworthy) - afaik the biggest disadvantage is the roughly double size of hard drive space needed (only when using the release)

anon
17.11.10, 20:08
additional compression (in case the original or its parts were left uncompressed, which is likely sufficient to overcome the overhead disadvantage)

Aren't most if not all Scene releases inside uncompressed RARs? Or am I missing something? :unsure:

slikrapid
17.11.10, 20:13
i'd say the default is likely to have 'normal' compression setting, since there are examples of games being significantly compressed inside scere rar's, though to be sure about the default rule one would need to check the scene rules

Sazzy
17.11.10, 22:54
Does that not mean twice the memory for the same product?

No, as you do not keep both. You unrar, delete the rar files and you keep the normal files. I'm sure you won't be seeding for weeks and weeks.

Is it not required to extract first to use the content?
As for movies and music, a lot of players even can play directly from the rars these days so only things like applications which you are seeding for ages would require you to keep both for a long time. And even then, it won't be such a massive amount of gigabytes that it would be truly inconvenient.

I was wondering if things have changed since...

Apparently not :3

The parts sure are smaller than the whole file(s), but overall, RARs will be slightly bigger than it due to header overhead plus no compression. TL's probably uploading RARed stuff so that they can race it faster.

While this might be the case in rare occasions (as I'm fairly sure that most TL rars are compressed at normal or higher), I'm sure we're talking about mere kilobytes. Also, iirc most trackers upload it like that because they want to keep the scene files intact.

Resurrection
18.11.10, 11:05
keeping the scene files intact (rar's & co.) is a good practice, which is especially useful for large releases in case a part of it gets corrupted (you need to re-download only the broken part, a fraction of the original size & time/ratio/bandwidth saver), for multi-dvd archiving (release is already split in parts smaller than a dvd size), transferring to systems that have inconvenient file-size limitations (fi. fat32), additional compression (in case the original or its parts were left uncompressed, which is likely sufficient to overcome the overhead disadvantage), availability (it can usually be re-downloaded from every source that uses intact rar's), validity (check whether it is original and trustworthy) - afaik the biggest disadvantage is the roughly double size of hard drive space needed (only when using the release)

I know why they rar it and I also know how useful it is...I just hate the fact that those of us who choose to seed from homes (and not seedboxes) are inconvenienced like that...

I agree with you actually,slik.I just don't know what the hell is Sazzy on about...

No, as you do not keep both. You unrar, delete the rar files and you keep the normal files. I'm sure you won't be seeding for weeks and weeks.

Aww...

Never be sure of things you don't know about...

I infact DO seed for weeks and weeks...
And I'll even tell why that is a issue for me...The stuff I download from the private sites I upload on the public sites...So perhaps you can see my side of the coin?

As for movies and music, a lot of players even can play directly from the rars these days so only things like applications which you are seeding for ages would require you to keep both for a long time. And even then, it won't be such a massive amount of gigabytes that it would be truly inconvenient.

Playing from the rar'd files does not depend on the player.It depends on the video codec and the compression algorithm used.

You need the files in the format

file.part001.rar
file.part002.rar

or

.r1
.r2

to make it work.

anon
18.11.10, 12:19
While this might be the case in rare occasions (as I'm fairly sure that most TL rars are compressed at normal or higher), I'm sure we're talking about mere kilobytes. Also, iirc most trackers upload it like that because they want to keep the scene files intact.

You're right on the mere kilobytes part :gsmile:

Me, I'm really positive the RARs are all uncompressed. 7-Zip has always extracted them fast and shown the files' compressed sizes to be the same as their "real" ones. But then again, I'm certainly not an expert with Scene standards and guidelines...

PowerStar
20.11.10, 12:46
Its a very nice site but its very hard to keep up with the ratio for low bandwidth users like me.Eventhough i seed for 3-4 days even for the newest torrents i can upload only 40-50% of the total download.Im planning to buy a seed box jst for the sake of keeping up ratio at TL :frown:

anon
20.11.10, 16:41
Im planning to buy a seed box jst for the sake of keeping up ratio at TL :frown:

TL should be able to max out the upload speed on most seedboxes out there.

Another tip is downloading just one piece (the sample or first RAR of a torrent), and seeding a lot.

pimphead07
23.11.10, 06:00
I logged in today to see that old snatchlist has been completely erased for all TL members :D How nice of them to give us a clean slate again to start cheating

anon
23.11.10, 12:06
I wonder whether the old IP histories are also gone. I'd really appreciate that. :gninja:

SomeGuy
23.11.10, 16:05
I wonder whether the old IP histories are also gone. I'd really appreciate that. :gninja:

Let me login to my (imaginary) Admin panel and tell you anon ;)
TL still cares more about other important things than keeping up with people that try to fatten their ratios.

anon
23.11.10, 18:22
Let me login to my (imaginary) Admin panel and tell you anon ;)

I just SSHed their server and made an SQL dump. :gshifty:

Can't post the results, though. :wgrin:

ParamouR
25.11.10, 03:32
I just SSHed their server and made an SQL dump. :gshifty:

Can't post the results, though. :wgrin:

What is that? is it that you kinda pinging their servers continuously? Could you give little info?

SomeGuy
25.11.10, 11:46
What is that? is it that you kinda pinging their servers continuously? Could you give little info?

Fun Fact 1 :klatsch_3: (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=wikipedia+SSH)

Fun Fact 2 :klatsch_3: (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=exploiting+SQL)

anon
25.11.10, 12:21

Fun Fact 3 :wclap: (http://tinyurl.com/37zxh5h)

Pinging TL's servers continuously from a home connection isn't going to achieve anything, they have over a dozen PCs.

yoco
26.11.10, 11:09
Is there any way that when you click browse button it would only show you torrents from selected categories, just like in previous version?

ParamouR
26.11.10, 12:24

Hey that much even I knew, I want to ask him more of it. I know what is an SQL RDMS. Anyway leave it.

Fun Fact 3 :wclap: (http://tinyurl.com/37zxh5h)

Pinging TL's servers continuously from a home connection isn't going to achieve anything, they have over a dozen PCs.

So what are you trying to say? Is it like you need to have large no. of PC's for that ?

Is there any way that when you click browse button it would only show you torrents from selected categories, just like in previous version?
Even I can't see it coming, maybe they might still be upgrading it or something!

BrianBosworth
26.11.10, 12:56

When you click browse, the categories button appears beside the search bar and it works flawlessly. This has been working all along as far as I know. I have only tried it with Firefox, so maybe it doesn't render correctly in other browsers.

Edit: If you are using noscript with Firefox and have Torrentleech blocked it will not display the categories correctly.

yoco
26.11.10, 13:24
It doesn't work for me. I'm using latest FF too, and when I click on categories I check the ones I wish to see, but next time I click on browse it's still the same, all categories are shown.

BrianBosworth
26.11.10, 13:30
After you have selected the categories, click search instead of browse.

yoco
26.11.10, 13:32
I know it works that way. I want it to be permanently, like it used to be!

BrianBosworth
26.11.10, 13:39
Oh now I understand.The only workaround for that is to bookmark the page unfortunately.

slikrapid
26.11.10, 18:13
Aren't most if not all Scene releases inside uncompressed RARs? Or am I missing something?

according to scene rules:
- uncompressed rars are used mostly for already sufficiently compressed material, meaning movies/series/tvrips/concerts in .avi, .mkv, possibly also dvdr's, etc.
- compressed rars are used for 0day, iso's in general, all games, rips, dlc's, subtitles, subpacks, extras, etc. (compression level is left optional, the fastest setting or better being preferred, as long as it doesn't significantly increase extraction time)
- no rars are used (rars are not used) for mp3 releases, single music videos, samples, nfo's, .sfv's, covers, etc.

I'm really positive the RARs are all uncompressed.

finally, you can check this for yourself by opening the .rar file(s) with winrar and choosing tools/show information - the ratio field will be 100% for uncompressed rars (fi. some xvid movie) or less than 100% for compressed ones (fi. some game rls)

anon
26.11.10, 18:51
So what are you trying to say? Is it like you need to have large no. of PC's for that ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DDoS#Distributed_attack

according to scene rules:
Stuff

Thanks a lot, from Scene releases I only download movies (which as you mention, are uncompressed) and sometimes music, so I thought it was the same for all other kinds of stuff.

CosaNostra
01.12.10, 01:59
Their invitation and registration systems are now available to be used.Also they added some switch button in the NFO page which switches between textual NFO and image.

Resurrection
01.12.10, 03:46
Their invitation and registration systems are now available to be used.Also they added some switch button in the NFO page which switches between textual NFO and image.

Yeah but where is the option to send it?

pimphead07
01.12.10, 04:36
Yeah but where is the option to send it?

Click on the "user profile". There will be a Invitation tab on your profile page. If you have any invites, it will show on that page along with users invited.

Resurrection
01.12.10, 04:43
Click on the "user profile". There will be a Invitation tab on your profile page. If you have any invites, it will show on that page along with users invited.

I know all this brother...There is no field to enter email id in my profile is what i'm saying...

Is it the same with you guys?

Instab
01.12.10, 06:18
I know all this brother...There is no field to enter email id in my profile is what i'm saying...

all fine here

pimphead07
01.12.10, 07:42

Yep.. Working fine for me. Maybe its a bug. Report it in the forums.

ParamouR
01.12.10, 10:56
Yep.. Working fine for me. Maybe its a bug. Report it in the forums.

Writing into forums:lol_5:, I don't think its a good idea. We need to be silent and non-active, to increase our stay in TL :g67tu3:

anon
01.12.10, 12:19

Maybe the site's staff has decided "both you and the tracker would benefit of having your invite privileges taken away". :wgrin:

That's how What.cd calls losing your invite privileges. Sounds poetic. If you're scared of posting in the forums (which aren't very active, by the way), then just PM a staff member.

On a sidenote, you can now see which people you've invited! I don't remember inviting half of those. :lol:

pimphead07
01.12.10, 17:19
We need to be silent and non-active, to increase our stay in TL :g67tu3:

Sure. If you cheat like a monkey then you do. :lol: Cheat like a pro and you dont need to stay hidden :cool:

ErRor
01.12.10, 23:21
i post in the forum and i cheat like a monkey
never had a probleme :biggrin:

ParamouR
02.12.10, 04:40
Sure. If you cheat like a monkey then you do. :lol: Cheat like a pro and you dont need to stay hidden :cool:

Good one pimpy. But look as much as I have gain about leeching I think I'm being about a Pro. But just to be on the safer side I don't want to get any attention from the staff. Just my taught on it. You're free to stay active and spam on their forum :lol_5:

Instab
02.12.10, 06:18
i post in the forum and i cheat like a monkey
never had a probleme :biggrin:

Good one pimpy. But look as much as I have gain about leeching I think I'm being about a Pro. But just to be on the safer side I don't want to get any attention from the staff. Just my taught on it. You're free to stay active and spam on their forum :lol_5:

in most cases people say stay under the radar but the opposite can work, too. it might make you even less suspicious. actually i know of two people who did the latter with great success. a matter of taste of course.

however, in case of TL i wouldn't care either way :P

ParamouR
02.12.10, 11:03
in most cases people say stay under the radar but the opposite can work, too. it might make you even less suspicious. actually i know of two people who did the latter with great success. a matter of taste of course.

however, in case of TL i wouldn't care either way :P

Its just a chance of luck, but whats the point we are ultimately there for some Download on Torrent Website. I feel there's no need for forums in torrent websites. :|. Though instab I feel all trackers are same, I give importance to all my trackers whether it be TL,IPT and the W series ;)

anon
02.12.10, 12:23
actually i know of two people who did the latter with great success.

:shifty:

I feel there's no need for forums in torrent websites. :|.

I don't agree, there are lots of cool people on tracker forums. No one's forced to use them, anyway.

Instab
02.12.10, 22:08
there are lots of cool people on tracker forums.

trü and same gös for the irc.
however this dös only apply for a very small number of sites.

ParamouR
03.12.10, 02:13
:shifty:

I don't agree, there are lots of cool people on tracker forums. No one's forced to use them, anyway.

true and same goes for the irc.
however this does only apply for a very small number of sites.

Guys I'm just making my point there mate. Look just to be on the safer side I don't wanna be active on such forums. I know we get a lot of chance to get new invites and learn new things and meet some new and useful people but still you know what I mean. Though I be on IRC a lot of times. i feel its just like a messanger, to understand new people and get to know them ;)

pimphead07
03.12.10, 03:13
in most cases people say stay under the radar but the opposite can work, too.

It is called Reverse Psychology. :lol:

Instab
03.12.10, 04:44
Guys I'm just making my point there mate. Look just to be on the safer side I don't wanna be active on such forums. I know we get a lot of chance to get new invites and learn new things and meet some new and useful people but still you know what I mean. Though I be on IRC a lot of times. i feel its just like a messanger, to understand new people and get to know them ;)

sure, however you like it. just figured mentioning that wouldn't hurt

anon
03.12.10, 12:24

Agreed, though I hate IRC. Probably because I've only had to use it to recover disabled accounts. :wgrin:

ParamouR
03.12.10, 17:48
Agreed, though I hate IRC. Probably because I've only had to use it to recover disabled accounts. :wgrin:

Yeah for Accounts Disabled IRC is mostly for, also for any HELP and for building a sense of Importance for making them feel like we are a Good User :lol:

Resurrection
06.01.11, 06:53
Did you guys notice this?

How do I get invites?

VIP users get 2 invites each month and 2 when they renew their VIP membership. Power users may recieve them at admin discretion from time to time but this is rare so do not rely on this happening.

:huh:

anon
06.01.11, 06:55
Yay, I still have one invite. I'll treasure it like gold. :sbi:

I prefer that over no explanation whatsoever about how invites are distributed, which was how things used to be over there.

CosaNostra
10.01.11, 00:31
Happy birthday to...TL!
Written by w00t

Today TorrentLeech becomes 6 years old!! THANK YOU for all your love and support all those years! Hopefully we will be more years around to keep serving you with the best releases on the globe!! Also, do not forget our ONE YEAR OF FREE VIP promo!!! Check it out -->here !

And stay tuned! Lot of surprises are underway!

Lot of surprises ? doubt that :D

maniak
11.01.11, 23:11
If you own and iphone/ipod touch/ipad, you can try a tool called iTorrentleech Pro (current version 1.6) you cant find it in the xSellize repo
http://cydia.xsellize.com

More info of the app here:

iTorrentLeechPro (http://moreinfo.thebigboss.org/moreinfo/itorrentleechpro.php)

anon
12.01.11, 00:21
TL in your iPhone. Cool. :gmellow:

Some people really like surfing from their phone, I guess. Personally I'm an avid poster, so besides reading, I can't do stuff without a 101-key keyboard and any screen that's at least 1024 pixels wide.

yoco
17.01.11, 22:56
Lately when I click on login button it's taking really long to actually open the site. But once opens it's working just fine. Anyone else with this issue?

SealLion
17.01.11, 23:49
It might be just a server overload on TL's side. I just logged in and I didn't notice anything remarkable. Maybe it was just a one time thing, yoco.
I'm sure that you've looked at things on your end, i.e. lots of bandwidth usage of different appz. That happens with me sometimes when I use uT and the upload is quite high.
Sometimes when it does happen to me and there is nothing remarkable on my end with respect to my computer's usage, the ISP is experiencing a lot of bandwidth usage during certain times of the day and the ISP bandwidth usage is somehow affecting my usage. That is, limited bandwidth distribution.
That's just my idea.
Other than that, I can't say that I'm experiencing any log on problems atm.

ParamouR
18.01.11, 02:45
Lately when I click on login button it's taking really long to actually open the site. But once opens it's working just fine. Anyone else with this issue?

@yoco - Its not just you even I'm facing such problem it doesn't matter much cause it hardly takes 15-20 Seconds. What I think it might be the problem of my low connection and so is yours if you do!

@SL - I don't think it might be due to server overload because not everyone is facing this problem :nene:

Whenever I surf I stop all of my running apps as well as my A-V sometimes to increase my overall speed though this one is not recommended. :wmellow:

//EDIT

TL in your iPhone. Cool. :gmellow:

Some people really like surfing from their phone, I guess. Personally I'm an avid poster, so besides reading, I can't do stuff without a 101-key keyboard and any screen that's at least 1024 pixels wide.

Me too :P

yoco
18.01.11, 10:35
It might be just a server overload on TL's side. I just logged in and I didn't notice anything remarkable. Maybe it was just a one time thing, yoco.
I'm sure that you've looked at things on your end, i.e. lots of bandwidth usage of different appz. That happens with me sometimes when I use uT and the upload is quite high.
Sometimes when it does happen to me and there is nothing remarkable on my end with respect to my computer's usage, the ISP is experiencing a lot of bandwidth usage during certain times of the day and the ISP bandwidth usage is somehow affecting my usage. That is, limited bandwidth distribution.
That's just my idea.
Other than that, I can't say that I'm experiencing any log on problems atm.
Well I forgot to mention that this happened almost always lately. And no, there's no bandwidth usage on my end. And Like I said this only happens when I try to login.

@yoco - Its not just you even I'm facing such problem it doesn't matter much cause it hardly takes 15-20 Seconds. What I think it might be the problem of my low connection and so is yours if you do!

It takes much longer for me. Over minute for sure!

Resurrection
19.01.11, 04:25
Over minute for sure!

Same here...
Happens almost everytime I log in...

Instab
19.01.11, 04:38
It takes much longer for me. Over minute for sure!

Same here...
Happens almost everytime I log in...

it takes much longer for me, too. static2.torrentleech.org seems to be the problem. they should change something in that regard :sneaky:

yoco
19.01.11, 11:37
Thnx for your replies, now I at least know I'm not the only one!
:D

theintervurt
19.01.11, 12:36
Strange, it takes me less than a second to login.

ParamouR
19.01.11, 14:49
Its also important to note that the browser people are using to enter TL, I think I read somewhere that TL doesn't work that good with Chrome, and what in fact I feel Chrome totally sucks and it hardly opens the page faster than FireFox does for me :snooty:

Instab
19.01.11, 15:30
Its also important to note that the browser people are using to enter TL, I think I read somewhere that TL dösn't work that good with Chrome, and what in fact I feel Chrome totally sucks and it hardly opens the page faster than FireFox dös for me :snooty:

the situation regarding the one server from TL i described is a network issü. nothing to do with the used browser

anon
19.01.11, 18:23
If anyone cares, the site lags like hell for me too, upon logging in. I blamed my connection and even closed uTorrent and rebooted my modem :wmellow:

yoco
19.01.11, 22:46
Well I just logged in like 5 seconds, so that's good :D

SealLion
20.01.11, 03:46
well. I don't know what to say to you guys. But logging in doesn't seem to be a problem on my end. I realize it's an issue for some of you here, but speaking for myself only, it doesn't seem to affect me.
Maybe give some fish to a nice friendly animal or something.
That might help.
Just don't feed the Orcas. They don't need anything right about now. They're fine.

Resurrection
20.01.11, 03:48
What if I feed the torrentleech?

Instab
20.01.11, 03:53
What if I feed the torrentleech?

he might get fat?

SealLion
20.01.11, 05:38
yes.
That's right.
The big fat gruesome torrentleech might become horribly over weight.
And since the torrentleech is run by humans (people, that is ), you'd be contributing to the re-emergence of the prehistorically well known species, a.k.a, The Glutton Man, from whence humans came from. If you did that, we'd ....er....you humans that is, would be de-evolutionizing backwards.
You wouldn't want that now, ......eh.....?? :germm:

seldom
01.03.11, 12:28
I hope this is the right thread for this news:

New domains available
Written by quark
Monday 28th of February 2011 11:17:45 AM

Due to recent events, if for any reason the main domain (torrentleech.org) becomes unavailable, you may access the site via the following domains:

torrentleech.cd
torrentleech.cc

anon
01.03.11, 16:50
It is. Thanks for the news and nice to see you here!

Surprised they're doing that when their "real" domain is a .org one. But well, better safe than sorry...

o1nk
07.05.11, 14:21
Would it be possible, if sb. provides a screenshot of the most seeded HD movie torrents? Thank you very much :)
When I only need HD movies, should I go for TL or try to get into CHDBits?

Have a nice weekend ;)

Sb Lover
28.09.11, 01:37
why I have to press login when I star TL !!! with the other trackers I just open it and it shows directly torrents !!

Instab
17.11.11, 04:57
why I have to press login when I star TL !!! with the other trackers I just open it and it shows directly torrents !!
because TL log you out every time your ip has changed. as long as you have the same ip and keep the cookies you get in directly

jezuis
04.01.12, 14:24
this is the only private tracker that i have a account, not so easy to keep a good ratio but i can find anything there ^^

btw, registration is open, just ask for a invite in their irc channel

perpec
30.01.12, 11:20
The best tracker i have, great content and great speeds, you can find almost everything there and even old torrents have seeders with good speeds.
I agree it's annoying when i must logging almost everytime i want to browse this site;)

Blocker
20.05.12, 18:57
this is the only private tracker that i have a account, not so easy to keep a good ratio but i can find anything there ^^

btw, registration is open, just ask for a invite in their irc channel

Are you kidding me?

TL is one of the most easy tracker to seed/cheat

Jordan
21.05.12, 11:09
IMHO IPT is far better than TL in terms of content.

dickbutt123
21.05.12, 11:56
IMHO IPT is far better than TL in terms of content.

Content, yes. Retention? It needs more work there.

scszscsass
21.05.12, 18:01
I think TL is better in content and also it has faster pretimes.TL is user friendly

perpec
22.05.12, 08:38
TL i beter in speeds but IPT in content

zirra2
17.07.12, 17:30
In my experience TL is both fast and have very good content!