PDA

View Full Version : ExtremeBits.org

splicer
14.04.09, 16:32
Tracker: ExtremeBits
Tracker URL: www.extremebits.org
Open Signups?: Partially; open signups on weekends, closed during the week, invites enabled
Category: Extreme sports, Extreme sports related TV and Movies.
Number of Users: 13000+
Number of Torrents: 3000+

The website has a nice layout, making it easy to navigate, and very active forums. As mentioned, content is centred around extreme sports, but this is a very broad term and can include everything from graffiti bombing to mini motocross to stuff like street racing and parkour. The site also allows users to upload sound tracks from individual videos. The site also has a good request section, with around 76% of requests filled!. About 10 torrents are upload daily; a good majority being Scene releases, and a number being ExB produced rips. Pretimes on Scene releases can vary greatly; sometime days, but this has much improved, with many torrents being uploaded at ExB before much larger sites, such as TL and IPT.

Speeds can vary greatly; more often than not it's just users with home connection of about 1mBit upload, but there are many Swedes with nice 10mBit upload. Because of the relatively small size of the community, torrents can die soon, or go down to 1 seeder. A re-seed button appears when a torrent dies, so they are revived. There is also a Karma bonus points system where points can be traded for upload; Karma is recieved for numerous actions such as posting, commenting and starting a topic.

In conclusion, if you are into extreme sports, or just like to watch videos of such, then this is a good place to be. Signups are closed, but if you go to the IRC with something to trade, they will be happy to.

In concerns to keeping a ratio, cheating is almost unnecessary, or atleast that it my expirience. The easily earned Karma points can buy Gb, aswell as uploading torrents. Just 'cos we're cheaters doesn't mean we can't be good members! Having said this, when I do need to cheat there, I use the Extreme Mod, no spoofing, keeping speeds below 100kBps.

http://i40.tinypic.com/w7g8yw.jpg

shoulder
14.04.09, 16:35
Nice Review you made. :top:

Maybe you can add some pictures? :wink2:

splicer
14.04.09, 16:38
Nice Review you made. :top:

Maybe you can add som pictures? :wink2:

Just about to! I plan on doing more, or, atleast on the trackers I am a member of. As cheaters we can be found on almost all trackers; so who better to give opinions and reviews of them?

Blocker
27.06.09, 23:55
In conclusion, if you are into extreme sports, or just like to watch videos of such, then this is a good place to be. Signups are closed, but if you go to the IRC with something to trade, they will be happy to.

Now they often have open sign ups

Nice review too!

anon
27.06.09, 23:56
Like right now (http://www.extremebits.org/signup.php), for example. :biggrin:

splicer
28.06.09, 00:44
Yah, sorry... time for an update lol; Someone posted in their forums that their userbase was begining to shrink, and so admins reopened signups on the weekends only.

Could a mod, edit:

Open Signups?: No, Invites are enabled
to say:

Open Signups?: Partially; open signups on weekends, closed during the week, invites enabled

Thanks!

anon
28.06.09, 00:46
~ Done