PDA

View Full Version : What happened to STmusic ?

deepforce
12.04.09, 16:20
Hey mates,

Does anyone know what happened to STmusic.org? It's down now for at leas two and a half weeks and I didn't find any info on the web about it.

greetz

anon
12.04.09, 18:09
It's not just you! stmusic.org looks down from here.

No idea of what happened, though, and a quick search doesn't reveal anything. :redface:

SealLion
12.04.09, 19:38
INteresting. I didn't know anything about this until this thread here. I also get a Page LOad Error. :frown:

Are you sure that its been over 2 weeks. B/c I think that I was there recently, or perhaps it was about 2 weeks ago. :frown:

That would really, really suck if its out of business b/c its actually a fairly good music site, too.

Aurion
12.04.09, 19:45
Actually,I was getting that "Can't establish connection" error thru my FireFox for the last couple of days,but I guess now it's global,so there must be something weird going on & I'm sure they're on it.

SealLion
12.04.09, 19:54
Actually,I was getting that "Can't establish connection" error thru my FireFox for the last couple of days,but I guess now it's global,so there must be something weird going on & I'm sure they're on it.

oh, ya. I sure hope so.

I mean STMusic is one site I'd hate to lose.

I'd just as soon as lose Libble over STMusic any day.

Did anyone come across any info in the forums before this server problem/ shut-down/ make the user's suffer/ or what-ever

anonftw
12.04.09, 19:57
From the Supertorrents forums regarding STMusic

its up and down the issue is being worked. when we know more you will know more

Aurion
12.04.09, 19:57
nah,never visited their forums except for knowing how invites work :tongue: but I'm sure it's something temporary then everything would be just fine again.

SealLion
12.04.09, 20:05
Well from what I just read what anonftw and you, Aurion have posted, that kinda relieves some interest in this now.

Like all other BT sites, they suffer problems too,yes??

Maybe its just some server upgrade which they didn't mention and unbeknownst to the staff, there were some unexpected problems that they came across.

That could be a valid reason.

Maybe they just were hoping it would take a day or so to fix some server - related problem but in fact, it took a lot longer and the result is the fact that it's offline for some time longer.

And that could be expected. I mean, think of it this way: Everyone has a life,yes??

You can't really expect the staff there to be on this thing 25 hours and 8 days a week, yes??

There's work, life, family, sex, STMusic admins cheating elsewhere....you get the idea, yes??

Terminator
12.04.09, 20:35
i think i registered an account there 4 or 5 days back...and also flashed some data there using pmr...very sweet site for pmr...

Tinkle
12.04.09, 21:03
i think they are transferring the data to a new databse thats y such a huge down time i think
dont know for sure

hontoCorti
14.04.09, 18:11
Seems the site is still down?
Hope it gets back up soon..

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
15.04.09, 11:51
I have found something , don't know exactly if this is the reason:

"Stories of the weird: What’s the worst thing that a private tracker administrator could do? Steal donations? No. Hack the site? Maybe. Worse yet, an admin could blatantly promote his new startup tracker (and diss the current one), naturally! Well, that’s what happened to Fuall - a (now ex) administrator on SuperTorrents. We’re guessing he saw the writing on the wall, and decided to use his privileges at ST to send a mass PM to all members - in order to promote his brand-new tracker, all the while asking ST members to delete their accounts. It’s somewhat of a comical tale - it originally appeared as a hack, when in fact it was a just a disgruntled admin who had one foot out the door anyways. PreToMe & Funfile, eat your hearts out."

Source:
Link (http://filesharefreak.com/2009/03/01/admin-kicked-from-supertorrents-stmusic-and-fts/)

anon
15.04.09, 15:35
That info is from March. As far as I know it's quite recently that STMusic went down...

Aurion
16.04.09, 00:15
The same happened to 2 staff members @ FunFile couple of months ago.
Anyway,STMusic still gives "Failed to connect" error so that means their server's probably down or something,let's hope for the best of such an awesome music source as STM.

mancougar
17.04.09, 01:31
its working right now btw

Terminator
17.04.09, 02:44
free signup right now.

SealLion
17.04.09, 04:31
Yes. I do believe that they do. Most obviously so as to increase thier userbase.

And well worth the effort too as this site has got some decent scene music too. Like FileMP 3 does. :smile:

IMHO, I think that stmusic is quite an under-rated site too. A really decent selection of music there, I think.:smile:

It may not be like WHAT or someplace like that, but it's still a great site, I find.

The only thing that I have to say that's negative about it, is the look of the site. IMHO, it could use an update to its 'look'. The grey and black just doesn't cut it anymore.

StealthLeecher
18.04.09, 04:27
IMAO@stmusic
When recovering pass,they are saying it does't exist:confused2:

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
18.04.09, 07:21
Nice :confused:

Network Timeout
The server at www.stmusic.org is taking too long to respond.
The requested site did not respond to a connection request and the browser has stopped waiting for a reply.

* Could the server be experiencing high demand or a temporary outage? Try again later.
* Are you unable to browse other sites? Check the computer's network connection.
* Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.
* Still having trouble? Consult your network administrator or Internet provider for assistance.

By the way , PRM works overhere ? :biggrin:

anon
18.04.09, 17:53
Network Timeout
The server at www.stmusic.org is taking too long to respond.

I can load the site and login to my account here.

I think the PMR works but I'm not sure...

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
18.04.09, 19:11
I can load the site annd login to my account here.

I think the PMR works but I'm not sure...

For me still don't work...don't know what's the problem :confused:
I have asked about PRM because i have recalled that i have tryed PRM in the past but don't change my stats..maybe i have tryed with a wrong client.

anon
18.04.09, 19:13
If you're behind a proxy, try entering the tracker without it or using another one.

I have asked about PRM because i have recalled that i have tryed PRM in the past but don't change my stats..maybe i have tryed with a wrong client.

Yes, that's possible. If the uTorrent emulation doesn't work trying Azureus is a good idea.

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
18.04.09, 21:09
If you're behind a proxy, try entering the tracker without it or using another one.

Yes, that's possible. If the uTorrent emulation doesn't work trying Azureus is a good idea.

Now it's finally working.:top:
By the way , has any importance when i use PRM that my account it's fresh or not ?

ofcourse beside if i will flash 1TB registred for just 1 day :biggrin:

anon
18.04.09, 21:11
Well, they could be paying a bit more attention to new accounts rather than old ones.

On the other side, it's always better to test things on a new one rather than losing your real account.

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
18.04.09, 21:15
Well, they could be paying a bit more attention to new accounts rather than old ones.

On the other side, it's always better to test things on a new one rather than losing your real account.

Tryed the azureus client and it get my this error :confused:
http://i42.tinypic.com/aauk8w.jpg

anon
18.04.09, 21:16
Timeout. Try it a few more times, and if it still doesn't work, change your emulation or use another tool.

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
18.04.09, 21:21
Timeout. Try it a few more times, and if it still doesn't work, change your emulation or use another tool.

I think it's because the web page because it get me the :
"Network Timeout" again

Anyway..managed to flash with BitComet but don't have changed my ratio.
I will try later other clients.

anon
18.04.09, 21:23
I think it's because the web page because it get me the :
"Network Timeout" again

Must be that, then.

Anyway..managed to flash with BitComet but don't have changed my ratio.
I will try later other clients.

You could try the RM with a 9999999kB/s upload speed.

Dynamic
27.04.09, 02:05
Seems to me ST is down for a while now...this is what I am getting when trying to reach it...

"500 - Internal Server Error"

This looks bad.

Aurion
27.04.09, 12:53
Yes,it is giving "500 - Internal Server Error" here too.I believe this is something serious with their servers funding/functioning maybe.

Samanoske
27.04.09, 15:14
Damn it, third time in a month. This is THE ONE music tracker I have on hand (sadly) and it's been going MIA way too often to even build a decent ratio. I believe they've been mentioning excessive server loads knocking them off their servers repeatedly, and that they're moving between servers to try to cope with the situation.