PDA

View Full Version : The Best Snipers in the World are Canadians

SealLion
12.04.09, 04:02
Check it out:

Afghanistan,2002. A three-man al-Qaeda weapons team was moving into a mountainside position when Rob Furlong, sniper of the Canadian Forces, shot and killed one ..... from an accurately measured distance of 2430 metres, nearly 2 1/2 kilometres or (... 1.509 miles)

That's not a short distance either.

A five-man Canadian sniper team were part of Operation Anaconda.............. recording the new distance record and more than 20 kills, were given Bronze Stars from the U.S military for their actions in the operation........"We didn't want to give them up. I would have brought them home with me if I could."

U.S. commanders who served alongside the snipers nominated all five for the coveted Bronze Star medal. "Thank God the Canadians were there," is how one American soldier put it.

we really do kick a$$. LOL.

Well, here's the link folks.

Its a short read too so it won't take too much to read.

The Best Snipers in the World are Canadians. - By Martin Ouellette (http://my.opera.com/martinouellette/blog/2008/01/13/the-best-snipers-in-the-world-are-canadians)

REad one of the comments below the article at the link:

i'd love to meet their training officer. wonder what they have for breakfast? 50L of carrot juice? it's good for they eyes you know.

LOL, Thats funny.