PDA

View Full Version : Egypt once again banned - This time Elektronik

shoulder
11.04.09, 17:04
Starting today all Egypt IPs are banned here.
This is due to extreme number of cheaters/traders that were banned in the past.
The usual reasons, cheating and trading.

Would be interesting to know what happens to the current members with Egypt IPs, if they get disabled/deleted or maybe whitelisted.

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
11.04.09, 17:08
I don't like to see that because electronik it's an Romanian trackers .
And Romanian are far more cheaters/traders then egipt people.

or it's a somehow a method of revange and soon i will see that on romanian trackers only romanian ip's have access a method to payback from the romanian country ban that big trackers have made .

SealLion
11.04.09, 18:41
[QUOTE=DarkSaibot;82706

or it's a somehow a method of revange and soon i will see that on romanian trackers only romanian ip's have access a method to payback from the romanian country ban that big trackers have made .[/QUOTE]

LOL. I wouldn't be surprised

You never know what people think in the back of thier minds, yes??

Aurion
11.04.09, 19:56
Well,the same usual msg upon logging in that says "Unauthorized Access,Error 403" ... anyway,I've tested some elite proxies & private VPNs & my account's still working.

Tinkle
12.04.09, 20:31
hope they dont avenge the ban on romania by other trackers on other countries

shoulder
12.04.09, 22:43
You think they only did this because Romania is banned on some other sites?

SBfreak
12.04.09, 22:57
nd Romanian are far more cheaters/traders then egipt people.

Indeed we are one of a kind when it comes to private trackers:redface:

or it's a somehow a method of revange and soon i will see that on romanian trackers only romanian ip's have access a method to payback from the romanian country ban that big trackers have made .
Let's hope not...what will happen after?? Romanian and non-romanian trackers:confused2:???
Also I think it's not fair to ban all the country because of some people.

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
12.04.09, 23:25
You think they only did this because Romania is banned on some other sites?

I think it's possible because i don't see any other reason since i bet that 80% from the staff overthere has cheated/traded some invites also,from other trackers,or maybe with there own one.

Let's hope not...what will happen after?? Romanian and non-romanian trackers:confused2:???
Also I think it's not fair to ban all the country because of some people.

Romanian or No Romanian trackers it's to much, but i think that romanian trackers will try to do the same with some little country like egipt,india,pakistan or etc

You are right when you say "ban the user not all country " but try to say that to SCC or SCT or other trackers also that i don't have in mind right now,that have been banned all country.

A good tracker will ban the user , a poor tracker will ban the whole country :smile:

anon
12.04.09, 23:32
A good tracker will ban the user , a poor tracker will ban the whole country :smile:

Too bad their point of view is that if a lot of banned users come from an specific country, they have to advance to the next level. :redface:

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
12.04.09, 23:40
Too bad their point of view is that if a lot of banned users come from an specific country, they have to advance to the next level. :redface:

For me it's not a problem that,because i'm a cheater,trader,i come from a banned country, i use proxy,my account on SCT (if i had one right now:biggrin:) has 80% not to be ban with all this tracker cautions.

But are people frm banned country that are correct people,stay on seed,donated money , have old accounts to that trackers,and after that country ban they suffered without a fault loosing their precious accounts.

anon
12.04.09, 23:43
For me it's not a problem that,because i'm a cheater,trader,i come from a banned country, i use proxy,my account on SCT (if i had one right now:biggrin:) has 80% not to be ban with all this tracker cautions.

Most trackers that block countries also ban proxies, and will disable any account that logs in or announces through one.

But are people frm banned country that are correct people,stay on seed,donated money , have old accounts to that trackers,and after that country ban they suffered without a fault loosing their precious accounts.

Yes, that's totally right. :mad:

But at least according Aurion this isn't the case with Elektronik, i.e. they haven't banned accounts. Perhaps good users from Egypt still have a chance to stay inside.

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
13.04.09, 00:10
Most trackers that block countries also ban proxies, and will disable any account that logs in or announces through one.

With my Aol "Proxy" i never been banned for that until now :biggrin:

But at least according Aurion this isn't the case with Elektronik, i.e. they haven't banned accounts. Perhaps good users from Egypt still have a chance to stay inside.

Let's hope afterall that it's only something temporarly,just have waffles have done in a period of time,and after 1 week or 2 they have changed theyre minds. and decided only to ban the user not the country.

anon
13.04.09, 00:13
With my Aol "Proxy" i never been banned for that until now :biggrin:

Clear your cookies and try to enter BitMeTV using it. If you get HTTP 403, it means they (and probably other trackers) know you're behind a proxy. I think AOL sends the HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR header.

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
13.04.09, 00:26
Clear your cookies and try to enter BitMeTV using it. If you get HTTP 403, it means they (and probably other trackers) know you're behind a proxy. I think AOL sends the HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR header.

Whe Are a lil'bit offtopic,but anyway.

The login page works but i think that it's was not this the point,i can't enter inside the tracker because i don't have an account overthere to see for sure .

Yes you are right,they are site that don't let me even login with AOL like SceneFZ,but worked succesfully for me until now on SCC , on SCT i have only logind not downloaded to see if it's working for both ways .

If you have tryed only to access with the Aol browser maybe that's the reason for be spotted using proxy.

Se7Ven
13.04.09, 00:32
A good tracker will ban the user , a poor tracker will ban the whole country

NO NO NO a good staff and admin ban only members but a poor admin and stuff in brain baned countys

i will say to you all CHEATERS WILL NEVER DIE:biggrin:

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
13.04.09, 00:35
CHEATERS WILL NEVER DIE

:top: They Just Transform In even Better Cheaters :biggrin:

SealLion
13.04.09, 00:37
why not just join my tracker. I"ll never ban any of you guys. :D

Look. Here's the link:

Link (http://guide.opendns.com/?url=www.joinmyunbannabletracker)

PS: I have no idea if this is gonna work..........ooops :D

-

Se7Ven
13.04.09, 00:41
my dear friend ...what is that please tell me dont go phising me:biggrin:

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
13.04.09, 00:55
why not just join my tracker. I"ll never ban any of you guys. :D

Look. Here's the link:

PS: I have no idea if this is gonna work..........ooops :D

-

You tried to visit www.joinmyunbannabletracker, which is not loading.

I think that you have catch me with a proxy :biggrin:
or it's open signup
Look here :
Link (http://guide.opendns.com/s?service=web&q=DarkSaibot+tracker&search_type=guide)

PS: I like your sense of humor my friend :top: every day when i read your post you make my day better.

@2223
I think that try to phish us and after that sell the database like waffles style :smile: :wink2:

anon
13.04.09, 00:57
Back to topic guys... :biggrin:

SealLion
13.04.09, 01:13
I think that you have catch me with a proxy
or it's open signup
Look here :
Link

Yaaa!!! Finally a place I can call my second home without the threat of ban-hammer 'ment'.

What's the topic again??:biggrin: Sorry anon. :smile:

Its just one of them days.

oh, ya....Elektronick is banning everybody.

well, here's my 1 cent on it all. Which is all my opinions are worth now-a-days. Too much debt to pay off. :biggrin:

I think its b/c maybe they just caught a couple of cheaters more than they did from other countries.

And then decided to ban the whole lot of 'em.

either that or they were served corn flakes with chocolate milk, garnished with pickles and didn't understand what those 'green' things were in the bowl ....thought they were being served gourmet breakfast or something.

Figured its the Egyptians fault, then.

BANG!!!! Banhammer 'ment'!!!

No. SEriously. The first opinion stands as my perspective. Never mind the 2nd one.

-

Se7Ven
13.04.09, 01:24
Figured its the Romanians fault, then.

Figured its the Egyptians fault, then.

but back to topic...what is exactley the reason of this decision??

i mean are Egyptians/Romanians more cheaters and scammers ore phising then other people??

who can proof that seriousley its crazy or not ....yes??

or have they any instrumments to check this out...the IP??

SealLion
13.04.09, 02:28
IDK...maybe it is a form of revenge of one party onto another.

Tinkle
13.04.09, 04:27
To be honest SCC jackass banned many countries just coz ScT and waffles did i which doesnt make sense
on other hand i do think romanian trackers do hate the counterrival trackers since they ban romania
for a fact that when ScT banned romania tons of users moved to iplay here i am referring to those who dont know to use proxy
and what happened iplay had the upper advantage o fuser base and made its way up
problem with country ban is some mods they do that just to show their might in BT world which is just foolish

labrat
13.04.09, 06:46
the torrent sites problem was with stupid heavy cheaters and dynamic ip addresses. there's countries where it's very difficult to get static ips (brazil for instance), and the honest users (or clever cheaters) living there had to pay for a few greedy ones when ScT, bitmetv et al. banned the ip ranges most commonly used by heavy cheaters which basically included the whole country thus punishing/pissing off a lot of innocent people

but there's still some brazilians at bitmetv with static ips who could convince the mods in irc to add an exception to their ip range block

and blocking MAC addresses seems to be too complicated

SealLion
14.04.09, 01:32

and blocking MAC addresses seems to be too complicated

What's this process of blocking MAC addy's??

That is, how would they go about it??

Is there software??......I imagine that there would be, yes??

anon
14.04.09, 16:50
What's this process of blocking MAC addy's??

That is, how would they go about it??

Some trackers seem to be able to block or at least detect MAC addresses, rather than IPs or IP ranges. This was the case with splicer and What.cd, if I'm not mistaken - they could still know it was him until he changed his MAC.

Aurion
14.04.09, 21:13
But don't you think it's not fair SealLion ? I mean this is the example every sick tracker admin's setting whenever he/she catches a Moe,they just hit the ban button & everyone get down into the drain,personally I call this unfair mixing up,they just don't differentiate between good loyal & bad users,I know the silly term "their tracker,their sh*t" but then what,if we find every tracker doing so,then some day,all parts of the world will be banned for good.

SealLion
15.04.09, 01:37
But don't you think it's not fair SealLion ? .....

Absolutely, Aurion. I do agree that it's not fair. \

Its barbaric..(arrrrr.....rrrr......makes growling sound.....:biggrin:)

It isn't right that they ban the whole lot of 'em. They should ban me. :biggrin:

But you know what???....I'm also loyal and bad. :biggrin:

I stick with a good tracker that I like and I dump the rest.

I cheat on the good tracker and I tell the other's at the bad tracker there that I dumped, that I don't want my account there anymore cuz it ain't a challange for me anylonger. :biggrin:

But no. Of course not. It isn't right that a whole group (i.e. a whole country) of pple get banned b/c of just a couple of bad apples. Only the bad apples ought to be thrown out. Never mind shaving them,,....just chuck 'em.

And if they want to ban the whole world, well....let 'em go ahead. There'll be none left to download, upload, cheat, have sex with the admins wife behind his back, donate $$$ for his new 'n shiny car even though he tells everyone that its for a good cause, and so on and so on..

People who do that are just asking for trouble from the entire bittorrenting community. Behaviours like that pit one tracker against another. And that isn't good.

Its good to have tracker rivalry on a friendly level so that one competes against another in terms of quality content such as, at least IMHO, as occurs between PTP and TC, yes??

Members get mad and upset with such behaviors by tracker admins. That need not happen. People in power positions need to be reasonable and fair.

Banning a whole country is not fair treatment to good, loyal, and even to cheat'in members like us.

And I'm not saying that to be a little bit funny. But people like us, who are cheaters, can also be fair to trackers. There are cheaters, I am sure, that actually do donate b/c they feel that the tracker deserves their hard-earned money to pay what-ever bills.

fairness encompasses also qualities of loyalty to that tracker with respect to usage, yes??

Good members are people that also contribute to the tracker's forums and help out where and when they can.

And those members who engage in such contributory actions and behaviors wind up getting banned as a result of being on a country-wide ban list of IP's.

That would not be fair.

Se7Ven
15.04.09, 01:44
Good members are people that also contribute to the tracker's forums and help out where and when they can.

thats what i feel and do in all places that i go :top:

Aurion
16.04.09, 00:11
@SealLion: another thing to consider is Donation done by those banned users,even bad ones sometimes donate,I know some who did back then before getting banned @ SCT,so better to decide on whom to punish rather than gathering up the crown for a group slaughter.

SealLion
16.04.09, 01:12
@SealLion: another thing to consider is Donation done by those banned users,even bad ones sometimes donate,I know some who did back then before getting banned @ SCT,so better to decide on whom to punish rather than gathering up the crown for a group slaughter.

Now that's an interesting idea. I never thought about that until you just mentioned it.

best to remain loyal to your best tracker user's then, is I think what your also trying to say, yes??

Yes. Suppose some greedy-cheater who cheated like there was no sun-to-be tomorrow, had also donated some coin to the tracker's use and then was given a lenient hand at not being banned b/c of his previous bank-roll to the tracker, yes!!!

I would hope that there are actually tracker admins who actively do take such considerations seriously.

It does demonstrate across the BT world that the staff at Tracker ABC are people that are reasonable and are in tune with the regular userbase.

Here's an example. Take FileMP3. The staff there are not, at least IMHO, not very friendly. That's in comparison to the staff at TD. A totally different crowd altogether.
That's not to suggest that TD has ever committed such actions as banning an entire country.
Its just to demonstrate, what I feel, is a completely different brand of people from one tracker to another.

So, I would agree it would be prudent to give such a user a lenient hand. It's not just user's that remain loyal to sites, its a 2-way street in fact.

I know that there are lots of tracker's that do stay loyal to their current userbase. I am sure you do too. But here's what I mean.

It is also the obvious such as free leaches on torrents over X Gb in size or what-ever.....not just a waiver of a ban, yes??