PDA

View Full Version : Donate you sometimes money to the trackers?.

Se7Ven
11.04.09, 02:43
Do you donate money to trackers ..for some help??

What is your opinion its a good idea to donate for grow up the trackers??

hitman
11.04.09, 03:07
if it helps to hold the tracker online, maybe. if it helps to make the pockets of the owner full with money, NO.

Se7Ven
11.04.09, 03:13
if it helps to make the pockets of the owner full with money, NO.

yeah sure thats the critical point of all donations..where the money goes???

yoco
11.04.09, 09:31
I never donated, cuz I don't have any online account, like paypal and that stuff! :tongue:

kazuya
11.04.09, 11:54
maybe i would, but don't have paypal or so,think that my country don't support paypal yet

splicer
11.04.09, 12:22
I've donated money to TheBox, because they really deserved it. Nice staff, nice community, with a wonderful invitation board, and even their own internal cappers. If all it took was 5 euros to show my support for them, then I might as well.

shoulder
11.04.09, 12:57
I haven't donated till now, maybe in the future but I rather think not.

SBfreak
11.04.09, 13:05
I only donated for invites till now or for VIP on some trackers.

Joker86
11.04.09, 13:15
I have donated to SCC to help sosterene the high cost of the site.

In my opinion you need help with some money.

anon
11.04.09, 19:03
Same as shoulder - I have never donated for now. Maybe in the future, but only if it helps the tracker and not their owners. :wink:

StealthLeecher
11.04.09, 19:16
I have donated 1 $ at bitgamer:tongue:..

Se7Ven
11.04.09, 21:38
money is money 1 $ to spend thats better than nothing
when it helps the tracker and community to survive :top:

DarkSaibot v.1.3.10
11.04.09, 21:51
If i will have a sallary over 3000e per mounth
i swear that i will donate every mounth 20e for GFT,PTN,SCT,SCC in my interest : get some invites.

But until now NO - i wanted to fake donate to some tracker send them just 1c and showing that i have donated 10e but i have changed my mind in the last sec...because some sec issue .

alpacino
12.04.09, 00:41
I have done once or twice to help the tracker.

Mihai
19.04.09, 16:38
On romainian trakers they ask like 5-10 euro but i just saw at a friend of mine than the minimum sum is 24 euro on torrentleech :shockkk!:.Man that's my allowance for 3 months.

Samanoske
30.04.09, 18:46
I can, and I intend to in the foreseeable future. However the funds I intend to allocate for this purpose are extremely limited, hence I wish to invest a bulk of it in a tracker I'm most comfortable in. That, of course, I have yet to find.

As for the 2nd question, I see no definitive answer besides a yes. To speak frankly, it'd be like asking whether it's good to tip bellboys and porters. They do you a favour, you don't exactly owe them anything, but you do it simply out of good will, and as a sign of gratitude for the service. Hence, absolutely yes if you're in a grateful or generous mood. :smile:

jacksbi
17.08.10, 09:44
How many of you donate the money to the trackers?

What are your thoughts on the trackers which always ask for money when they hit 100% donations also?

I had seen many trackers want their donations must hit 130% and above why I dont understand?what you think of the trackers like those?

MoS
17.08.10, 11:42
I didn't donate ever but i may get a box -Not cheating all the way- build some buffer and share, This may be considered like support.

piratemeister
17.08.10, 11:45
I never donate money... I can support tracker with my releases, nothing more....

live7117
17.08.10, 15:20
i don't ever donate to any trackers.I like uploading releases from other trackers to buffer my accounts.

anon
17.08.10, 17:55
Moved.

My stance on the matter has remained pretty much the same. :gwink:

Master Razor
17.08.10, 20:08
If I had the cash I would donate to the trackers I find worthy. I would mostly support those rare-content trackers with few users (somthing less than 5000). I've never seen a new tracker that "brutally" asks for donations. They ask politely without multiple pm's or pop-ups etc.
And no, I've never donated to anything in my entire life.

shortfragments
21.08.10, 00:57
Never donated but it's not problem if a tracker needs my help :)

dreamer
22.08.10, 21:46
I donate regularly to my favorite tracker.
I sometimes donate to other trackers. I also used to donate every 2 months to FTN until my account was disabled (and not even for cheating but the stupid newly pointed admin didn't even care I was a donor)

dju
23.08.10, 00:32
there is no reason of that, because in my opinion a tracker is made for downloading and uploading stuff
once i kinda donated to gft, a buddy did actually just to get that 1 invite for him for 5 Euros.
if you feel better when donating, then do it, i would actually feel just worse :D

dreamer
23.08.10, 10:01
it's not about feeling better or not, it's about really helping out your favorite tracker.

dju
23.08.10, 11:33
it's not about feeling better or not, it's about really helping out your favorite tracker.

then go for it! if your favorite tracker needs help and you want to donate for that reason, then i have no reasons that should stop you :)

Grambo
24.08.10, 12:34
I have donated just once.
When one of my favorite small niche trackers was in a crisis.

dju
24.08.10, 12:46
I have donated just once.
When one of my favorite small niche trackers was in a crisis.

Well that's not cool if your favorite tracker goes down for sure! I liked ScL when it was online a lot and ScT even even more.... Daamn, how i miss those trackers :lol:
But anyway trackers aren't the most important thing in life! :D Or mby they are? :D

Grambo
26.08.10, 00:39
Well, nowadays real life and tackers share my time about 60/40. So trackers are quite important at this point in my life.
That could change (or not) at any time of course.

These small niche trackers provide extremely rare material and I would hate to loose that.
I love 70s and 80s tv-shows and there are not that many trackers which have such shows.
So loosing one would be a big loss.

786KHURRAM
29.08.10, 00:01
I only donated for invites till now or for VIP on some high level trackers.

Kool-Aid Man
30.08.10, 00:38
I've not donated to any tracker, nor do I intend to do so. By my logic, using trackers to obtain music/software/whatever without paying is the draw. If I donate to keep a tracker alive, wouldn't it be more prudent, and far more legal, to simply purchase the things I wish to have?

Sazzy
30.08.10, 04:16
I've not donated to any tracker, nor do I intend to do so. By my logic, using trackers to obtain music/software/whatever without paying is the draw. If I donate to keep a tracker alive, wouldn't it be more prudent, and far more legal, to simply purchase the things I wish to have?

Paying 5 dollars to a tracker to help keep it up is hardly the same as buying everything you get on said tracker legally. The amount that people generally donate is often smaller than the amount one item would cost. I'm sure if you were maintaining a tracker, you'd like some help too

Kool-Aid Man
30.08.10, 08:36
Paying 5 dollars to a tracker to help keep it up is hardly the same as buying everything you get on said tracker legally. The amount that people generally donate is often smaller than the amount one item would cost. I'm sure if you were maintaining a tracker, you'd like some help too

Paying 5 dollars to a tracker would leave a paper trail that directly links me to a den of iniquity. This, one might say, is a bad thing. Running a tracker is entirely different, and I've no interest in doing so. If I would, however, I'd potentially allow donations, but I'd never grovel for them. It's pathetic. If you can't fund your own endeavours, perhaps you should not make the attempt.

Furthermore, how do you know whether or not $5 would cover the cost of what I download? You have no knowledge of my habits or interests. Perhaps I download an album that could be purchased at a thrift store for a mere pittance. What then? It's not as if I'm downloading insanely overpriced software that I couldn't ever possibly find a need nor use for, you should know.

Instab
30.08.10, 14:07
Furthermore, how do you know whether or not $5 would cover the cost of what I download?

in most cases it dös

TSOL
30.08.10, 14:27
I make sure to donate $20 to each tracker every month that I feel deserves it: What.CD, PTP, TC, BTN and CE (where I cheat the most hehehe). That's 100 bucks every month. Call me an idiot but money is money: you can get it anywhere and its not like its breaking the bank.

anon
30.08.10, 14:55
I make sure to donate $20 to each tracker every month that I feel deserves it: What.CD, PTP, TC, BTN and CE (where I cheat the most hehehe).

CoExist? Do you really cheat on a ratio-free tracker? :unsure:

Call me an idiot

Why would I do that? It's very nice from you to financially support the trackers you like. :gsmile:

Sb Lover
30.08.10, 15:03
never ! because I can't bay anything from the net (haven't any bank account)

Kool-Aid Man
31.08.10, 08:51
in most cases it does

At least where music is concerned, most of it isn't worth five bucks. That's one reason I stopped purchasing CDs. I got really tired of paying $15+ dollars for a CD with only one or two good songs.

Sazzy
31.08.10, 11:46
At least where music is concerned, most of it isn't worth five bucks. That's one reason I stopped purchasing CDs. I got really tired of paying $15+ dollars for a CD with only one or two good songs.

So, if bread starts tasting a bit worse than it does today, it's okay to steal that too? Could have just bought those two songs on iTunes store or some other service if that's your argument :lol:

Vuze-Sbi
02.09.10, 02:15
Just donated to TehConnection,i think everyone of us should donate sometimes it's not that much amount.Especially we Cheaters :) Tracker deserve that much,They're not gonna getting rich by your 5-10 euros come'on,host costs,servers etc.They deserve it no need to argue about it.

I live in one of that devoloping countries ,impossible to buy any original game or blu-ray disc,they served them to me for free in last 6 years,now it's my turn as a cheater this is the best support i can do.

Especially,

PTP and Waffles are currently need your support,they have paypal issue right now.

spyraliz
02.09.10, 02:46
i agree with vuze, i would definetely donate every once in a while to support, but i cant. banks are a pain in the ass over here.

soso
09.09.10, 22:38
if i will donate to some website i think it's TD and BG and maybe IPT noway i will donate to BCG or TL
all about respect :D I didn't love the staff at BCG or TL

stoi
10.09.10, 23:44
pretty sure we didnt love you either

PS: I dont have a clue who the hell you are/were on BCG btw.

tokiodrift1
11.09.10, 00:07
IIRC, the BCG Staff is really nice, at least the owner.

Instab
11.09.10, 00:09
at least the owner.

hehe, he just posted right above you :D
and yes, he's nice

soso
11.09.10, 00:51
pretty sure we didnt love you either

PS: I dont have a clue who the hell you are/were on BCG btw.

Oh , I didn't notice you are here :D , I will tell you about every thing , And you tell me, What would you say if you were me ?

When BCG open the registration. I parked my account by accident and i thought it's because i opened the website while Hotspot Shield was running so i went to the IRC and asked about what happened to my account some one i don't remember his name was saying to me tell the truth like i was doing some thing wrong or i was lying on him after that i went to the staff and asked them about this i gust find my account disabled

So is this the way you treated the new members ?If yes i think after all you won't gain anything and most of the members will go after a while . It's not the only games tracker after all

:)

LegitCheater
11.09.10, 03:19
i probably might whenever i actually go legit, buy a seedbox or something, but until then i don't see the point. if i get caught and my account get disabled then i will lose the donation benefits so i dont feel like gambling with really money right now

mo7m
15.09.10, 00:54
Oh , I didn't notice you are here :D , I will tell you about every thing , And you tell me, What would you say if you were me ?

When BCG open the registration. I parked my account by accident and i thought it's because i opened the website while Hotspot Shield was running so i went to the IRC and asked about what happened to my account some one i don't remember his name was saying to me tell the truth like i was doing some thing wrong or i was lying on him after that i went to the staff and asked them about this i gust find my account disabled

So is this the way you treated the new members ?If yes i think after all you won't gain anything and most of the members will go after a while . It's not the only games tracker after all

:)

same for me

anon
15.09.10, 02:14
So you parked your account by accident, opened HSS, got disabled, went to IRC, and they kicked you, too?

Now, isn't that a coincidence...

jamilv
21.10.10, 20:08
I usually donate if its a good tracker, but only like $5-10, I havent donated for VIP status or upload creds or anything as of yet.

Pickle
04.11.10, 01:01
What about the security issues about donation? Recently i looked a trackers donation page on paypal, it is about something different, instead of tracker name there is a beauty shop name. Paypal account holder or tracker owner try to protect himself. So users who wants to donate should protect themselves. Because if tracker busted somehow and if they check tracker owners paypal account and if they (RIAA or another) want details from paypal what would happen to donators? Do you remember something about this on OINK case? What happened to donators? My concern is safe or not for donators.

Shelter
04.11.10, 13:44
i think with the money better get a seedbox and your ratio will grow up fast.I dont think it's a bed idea to donate but sometimes they dont give u to mouch GB to download for 10-20euros.

Pickle
04.11.10, 13:50
actually don't see it like money for upload or anything, if ria infiltrate tracker what would happen to donors? What is law in your country about it? Do you think like "money is mine i spend it whereever i want" ?

Gapo
04.11.10, 14:31
For all you know, the torrent tracker is a shell or offshore company trying to exploit donors. What I think of all torrent trackers. I don't donate, no harm done.

ErRor
04.12.10, 16:17
never donated and i cant donate too
we dont have any online payment service
even paypal
reatrdness :\

start
07.12.10, 19:19
I donated 2 times

ParamouR
07.12.10, 19:41
Until now I just have donated once to Demonoid $15+. I know that is the only site that needs some chips ;)

Master Razor
20.03.11, 14:19
I barely have enough money to keep the internet connection running let alone donating to trackers. Sure, it's a decent thing to support them if they help you but sometimes you just don't have the possibility.

marcust
24.03.11, 17:49
Yes, only to ebooks/video tutorial trackers. Non entertainment stuff seems to die quickly on public p2p.

SaintShaolin
26.03.11, 02:43
So far, NO. But I've been wondering for a long time now if I should donate to private trackers.
Like marcust, I appreciate elearning trackers.
But I'm not sure to which I should to donate to: BitMe, BitSpyder, or TheGeeks.
I'd like to donate to BitSpyder, but content lately seems rare few.
There are more updates in BitMe. Hmmm.

handakes
07.04.11, 10:29
i would dontae myself, spare the need to cheat ..but we dont have paypal where i live so guess that's that

GymTanAndLaundry
08.04.11, 16:18
Unless I used a site a lot and liked the community there, I wouldn't donate my hard earned monies.

Mr. Crane
08.04.11, 23:05
Nope. The whole reason I'm using BitTorrent is because I'm trying to save money. Besides, there's enough competition around (especially among the general/0day trackers) so when one of them dies, several other are born. I guess some good niche trackers would deserve support but I can't afford the luxury of giving it.

GymTanAndLaundry
09.04.11, 01:00
Nope. The whole reason I'm using BitTorrent is because I'm trying to save money. Besides, there's enough competition around (especially among the general/0day trackers) so when one of them dies, several other are born. I guess some good niche trackers would deserve support but I can't afford the luxury of giving it.

I feel ya, most people who are rich/comfortably living aren't into the whole downloading scene unless they're tech geeks... affluent people I know simply go and pick-up the blu-ray/dvd from an entertainment store. Whereas I'll load up a torrent tracker and hit something on the download... ocassionally paying for new hard-drives. Doing it digitally is more cost effective and takes up less space in your house!

ungodly
18.06.11, 00:51
Nope. Even if I did have the money I still wouldn't.

You don't know where the money really goes.

THC
18.06.11, 19:54
If I had too much money then maybe I would donate. Maybe!

Sazzy
19.06.11, 01:32
Doing it digitally is more cost effective and takes up less space in your house!

That's just because you're stealing the content rather than paying for it. Of course it will be more cost effective.

I do realize the irony of this post on a torrent forum, but let's all just be adults and admit we're stealing in grand mass here. Of course, I'm no saint either and haven't actually bought a movie in ages. In my case, this is mainly because I watch a movie once and then it will take me over a year to watch it again. I realise that's a weak excuse, but whatever... The ones I actually watch more often, I have bought, believe it or not.

I find it funny, though, to see this evolution throughout people. Everyone would agree that stealing bread is wrong, but stealing content is a-okay :lol: Stealing a movie from a store would probably be seen wrong in many peoples' eyes as well, while downloading the same one would be okay. Other than the cost off the disc (which is probably almost nothing) it's more or less the same thing, in the end :P Oh well, change of times ;)

anon
19.06.11, 02:17
Stealing a movie from a store would probably be seen wrong in many peoples' eyes as well, while downloading the same one would be okay. Other than the cost off the disc (which is probably almost nothing) it's more or less the same thing, in the end :P Oh well, change of times ;)

But you deprive others from accessing the disc, and the store must restock it, and that shit.

Resurrection
19.06.11, 07:31
http://www.sb-innovation.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=11057

Snitlev
19.06.11, 08:52
No, I'll never pay for tracker ;)

regards

DriftKing
19.06.11, 10:41
I donated to the tracker for following reasoning

1. For Invite :- FTN GFT MVIDS SCC SCT(RIP)

2. For Inactivity Immunity :- PTP BTN

3. For gigs :- BMTV

4. For Star :- May be never........

Sazzy
19.06.11, 13:42
But you deprive others from accessing the disc, and the store must restock it, and that shit.

image (http://www.sb-innovation.de/members/resurrection-albums-t4-picture11057-sdysolkxxooffmriuatumchmo1-500.jpg)

Those are both lovely excuses, but like I said, it's still stealing. Instead of ripping off the local store owner, you're stealing directly from the big companies. True, you're not depriving someone else of buying that disc, but you still have something others pay for and you have not.

"The pirate is not taking the original" is the short-sighted view of what is going on. What really is going on, is that the pirate is not screwing over the local store, but also not paying for something that (s)he might have potentially bought at some point, but now won't because (s)he already has a copy of it.

I'm not trying to be a hypocrite, but let's all just admit what we are doing here, mmmkay? Or does it make you sleep better at night by calling it something else? :lol:

That being said, though, I think a lot of the bullshit that is being released recently isn't even worthy of buying :P

anon
19.06.11, 19:09
4. For Star :- May be never........

I got a star somewhere without paying a single dime. Beat that! :whooray:

I'm not trying to be a hypocrite, but let's all just admit what we are doing here, mmmkay?

What do you think I meant with "that shit"? I know what I'm doing isn't good. :wtongue:

I do agree that most of the stuff these days isn't worth buying, however. Nowadays, 95% of what I download are old movies or albums. If I couldn't pirate, I'd probably be using Grooveshark and hoping one of the movies I want airs on TV. :idunno:

Sazzy
19.06.11, 19:28
I do agree that most of the stuff these days isn't worth buying, however. Nowadays, 95% of what I download are old movies or albums. If I couldn't pirate, I'd probably be using Grooveshark and hoping one of the movies I want airs on TV. :idunno:

+1.

It does comfort my conciousness somewhat knowing for sure I wouldn't be buying most of the stuff I'm downloading at all. Most of the things I download these days are tv-shows because it takes half a year to a full year before they air here. If downloading was not an option, I would probably be watching more tv now and buying the same amount of stuff as I do now. Result: spending the same amount of money either way :lol:

anon
19.06.11, 20:01
Most of the things I download these days are tv-shows because it takes half a year to a full year before they air here.

When the third season of Dexter was close to ending in the US, we were just beginning the second one here. My TV set has been mostly collecting dust ever since I started downloading shows.

GymTanAndLaundry
19.06.11, 23:15
When the third season of Dexter was close to ending in the US, we were just beginning the second one here. My TV set has been mostly collecting dust ever since I started downloading shows.

Yeah there is no point in cable tv subscription packages at all when you can download releases from america via the internet. I guess if u watch a lot of shows from ur own country that u cant find on the net though, then there might be a point. Usually EVERYTHING can be found on the net if you know where to look though :P

Sazzy
20.06.11, 20:37
Yeah there is no point in cable tv subscription packages at all when you can download releases from america via the internet. I guess if u watch a lot of shows from ur own country that u cant find on the net though, then there might be a point. Usually EVERYTHING can be found on the net if you know where to look though :P

That's not really the point we're (or at least I am) making though, the problem is that non-american countries are usually almost a year behind on the good shows. If they were not, I would gladly watch them on tv, pay for my subscription (which I will do anyway) and not pirate them.

drill
27.06.11, 12:12
I never donated,and even I would not because I could not use PayPal or bank account other than.

ElFusioN
29.06.11, 13:27
i always donate some amount of money to help trackers running and providing us with their best services. I have donated so far :

-20 $ at THC

-15$ at BG

-30$ at TL

and maybe ill donate more to other trackers in the near future.

THC
29.06.11, 13:36
I have donated so far :

-20 $ at THC

How generous of you. Thanks a lot dude! :D

Khanna
29.06.11, 14:23
Donations are not available in my country, but if I could donate I'd probably donate to BTN, my favorite TV tracker.

Unregistered342423
30.06.11, 19:29
I donate. These people usually dont make too much profit, and server costs are massive. Paying 100 dollars or whatever is not much, the things i get from these guys is worth much more than 100 dollars.

Worth it.

Khanna
30.06.11, 21:44
I donate. These people usually dont make too much profit, and server costs are massive. Paying 100 dollars or whatever is not much, the things i get from these guys is worth much more than 100 dollars.

Worth it.

Yes ofcourse it's worth it, But It also depends on the site, like I'd never donate to HDT for example, imo its the only reason they have that site is to make money.
And let's not forget there are some great sites that survive and don't even take donations, like AHD for example.

AIucard
30.06.11, 22:33
I donate to BTN and Bitgamer my two favorite tracker

Unregistered342423
01.07.11, 04:05
Yes ofcourse it's worth it, But It also depends on the site, like I'd never donate to HDT for example, imo its the only reason they have that site is to make money.
And let's not forget there are some great sites that survive and don't even take donations, like AHD for example.

I agree, I didnt mean donate to all trackers that ask for them. There are ads and promotions etc that keep them all afloat, but sometimes the donator advantages are great too. Donate to a site you think deserves it obviously. Lets not forget piracy is supposed to be free ;)

dominic_torreto20
02.07.11, 08:33
ive donated to ptn,tr,gft.now i am planning to donate to uk-2 but i dont know if there are any benefits.they dont say that in the donations section!!!

anon
02.07.11, 18:59
now i am planning to donate to uk-2 but i dont know if there are any benefits.they dont say that in the donations section!!!

Ask their staff... why do you want to donate, anyway?

dominic_torreto20
02.07.11, 20:59
Ask their staff... why do you want to donate, anyway?

i think is a great site and want to help me.of course i would mind an invite or some upload as reward:)

bloghead
09.07.11, 05:57
never donate, don't believe in it

Cheatness
10.10.11, 06:34
I would donate if i had a Credit card, but as i don't have...

SBI_Freak
10.10.11, 07:08
No, I don't.

leechmodder
18.10.11, 16:51
I donate regularly to TL, RevTT, GFT, SCC, What and BTN.

maniak
19.10.11, 16:43
I don't donate cause who knows, one day my acc could be disabled due cheating or the tracker shuts down for good due "no donations"

Master Razor
19.10.11, 17:28
I don't donate to tracker because I don't even have enough to support myself. However, if things were different, I would definitely donate.

leechmodder
19.10.11, 18:50
BTW, who started the thread? Yoda?

ErRor
19.10.11, 20:13
BTW, who started the thread? Yoda?
Se7Ven :tongue:

leechmodder
20.10.11, 02:24
Haha :) :) :)

olabird
22.02.12, 03:42
Do you donate money to trackers ..for some help??

What is your opinion its a good idea to donate for grow up the trackers??

Its obviously a good idea to donate to those trackers that spend the money in the development of the site (which is most well-known trackers imo). I haven't donated yet because I didn't have any money in my Paypal account. When I do get some money, I'll first buy a couple of invites to trackers that I've been wanting to get in for a really long time.