PDA

View Full Version : No Upload right now at public trackers

abookhalil
09.04.09, 21:22
This seems to rely on a bug that fixed in new versions of uTorrent. Hence, it may NOT WORK anymore.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Hello0o0o0o

i think this topic very nice and very useful for people who are using public tracker like The Piratebay (http://thepiratebay.org/) &Mininova (http://www.mininova.org/)
they are the best public trackers
I will explain now
============

1- after u download any torrent file '' i prefer to down a well leeched - seeded one to see the results fast ''

2- Right Click > Properties > Number Of Upload Slots> any negative number like '' -588235''

*Note* it is not allowed to type '' negative number '' so write it in any text then copy and paste

Now i will let the pics talk

# this pic shows the setting after opening properties
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/4402/86044255.gif

# u can see now my upload is 22kb/sec :baeh:
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/3272/54731889.gif

# make the setting like this
http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/1049/49403065.gif

# now you will notice that i was uploading with 22kb/sec
now Zero kb/sec :klatsch_3:
also i was downloading with 62 kb/sec now 93 kb/sec:biggrin:

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/3747/80271488.gif

=======
i made this by chance .
:tongue:
i think number of slots is the number of people thats you upload to them
when it's ''0'' its open you uplaod for all people
when it's '' negative number '' No One To Upload
it depends on seeders & leechers
=======
Try it and tell me the results
:top:

SBfreak
09.04.09, 21:30
Just imagine what will happen if all users on mininova and TBP use this:tongue:

edit:woot 200 posts:shockkk!:

anon
09.04.09, 21:32
@abookhalil: it seems to work here... my upload dropped to 0kB/s. I had to copy the negative number from Notepad first, since uTorrent doesn't allow you to type -'s.

Great work! :top:

@SBfreak: let me guess... no one will be able to download anything.

Congrats for your 200th post active member :wink2:

kazuya
09.04.09, 21:34
Just imagine what will happen if all users on mininova and TBP use this

well that's not possible,since that way no one would upload so no one would,could not download either :tongue:

abookhalil
09.04.09, 21:36
Just imagine what will happen if all users on mininova and TBP use this:tongue:

they will close soon all will download only no one will upload :biggrin:
edit:woot 200 posts:shockkk!:
congratulation for 200 posts:wink:

It seems to work here... my upload dropped to 0kB/s. I had to copy the negative number from Notepad first, since uTorrent doesn't allow you to type -'s.

Great work! :top:

happy it works for u too :wink2:

:top:

anon
09.04.09, 21:42
Just to give more info:

I had two running torrents, one was seeding and the other one downloading.

The first one stopped uploading instantly after I set its amount of upload slots to -5592524 - but I had to stop and start the second one after setting the amount of slots to the same number for no upload to be activated. :top:

Hope BitTorrent Inc. doesn't patch this soon... :shockkk!:

By the way, this trick may reduce your speeds on public torrents, since they almost always have more leechers and seeders, and leechers give you move data the more you give them. But no upload doesn't give them anything :wink:

This tit-for-tat protocol doesn't apply in peer-to-seed or seed-to-peer connections.

SBfreak
09.04.09, 21:45
Tested it and it really works.+Rep.Now I am proud to announce I will never upload again on a public tracker:biggrin:

abookhalil
09.04.09, 21:46
i think no one would like to try it in any private tracker we need any bytes to improve our ratio :biggrin:

kazuya
09.04.09, 21:47
Well i will upload,with no upload there will be also no download aren't you aware of that,and the bigger and faster the upload also the faster the download will be

i think no one would like to try it in any private tracker we need any bytes to improve our ratio

Think you made worst nightmare for using on private trackers:biggrin:

anon
09.04.09, 21:47
Now I am proud to announce I will never upload again on a public tracker:biggrin:

Leecher :biggrin:

I think you should try to upload as much as possible on public torrents, since they need it the most. Thanks to uTP you won't even have to limit your upload speed. I seed all my public torrents 1:1 :cool:

@abookhalil: what's to stop you from using the RatioMaster and memory reader to leave your client "seeding"? :tongue:

abookhalil
09.04.09, 21:51
Tested it and it really works.+Rep.Now I am proud to announce I will never upload again on a public tracker:biggrin:
I Have My Own Quote
'' Like YOu are taking Download u Must Give Upload "" :top:

with any thing seeding or faking :biggrin:

anon
09.04.09, 22:01
By the way, you can set the amount of upload slots to a negative number at Options -> Preferences -> Bandwidth as well. This way no upload should apply globally.

Dynamic
09.04.09, 22:08
I will never upload again on a public tracker:biggrin:

Congrats one 200! :top:

I am in the camp that when I do use public torrents that I give back at least what I leech...the reason is because I just think that is fair.

They helped me so much before I got private torrents.

Is 200 a milestone? Do you get like a gold star?!

Cheers!

Butcho
09.04.09, 22:09
You can use this method on private sites together with the ghostleech trick.
It's a really nice bug... :biggrin:
thx abookhalil...

SBfreak
09.04.09, 22:12
Is 200 a milestone? Do you get like a gold star?! No I don't get a golden star..It was just a later edit:smile:.Anyway I seem to be the only reasonable leecher around here:biggrin:..OK..ok.I will use this while downloading and then leave the torrent seeding till I am proud about not being such a bad leecher.Happy now?:top::redface:

EDIT:
Now I have 203 Give me a golden cookie(joking)

anon
09.04.09, 22:12
Is 200 a milestone? Do you get like a gold star?!

Not particularly, but 200 posts imply a good level of activity and participation in our community. :smile:

OK..ok.I will use this while downloading and then leave the torrent seeding till I am proud about not being such a bad leecher.Happy now?:top::redface:

Yes :tongue:

By the way, and just to be 100% sure, I have just tried downloading from an uTorrent at 127.0.0.1 that had this trick enabled. My download got stuck at 0% forever. :biggrin:

Dynamic
09.04.09, 22:24
/hands SBfreak a cookie and a :k4:

I see 200 it is than. Time to participate more!

I know what your going to say next..."do not spam"

:biggrin:

ares
10.04.09, 01:56
Nice guide, but I still like to upload stuff! :top:

Tinkle
10.04.09, 04:14
this trick is really affective
at some torrents in which i ha downloaded only 25 MB and uploaded more than 200MB man it was so bad
this trick is simply superb
@anon
i dont think BT will crack it soon since we do have tracker admins but i dont think anybody from the inc is here :biggrin:

anon
10.04.09, 17:52
@anon
i dont think BT will crack it soon since we do have tracker admins but i dont think anybody from the inc is here :biggrin:

I meant BitTorrent Inc., uTorrent's developers. They could easily patch this by making uT refuse to save the settings if the number of upload slots is negative... :frown:

Tinkle
10.04.09, 19:54
i dont have problem with uploading at public trackers but truth is some people they hit and run so much that burden completely comes on to the leecher
which is y i think this trick is a good one
though problem of torrent becoming dead will be very high

anon
10.04.09, 19:57
Yes, that's right - public trackers are plagued by Hit & Runners, which slow down torrents. :mad:

But no upload is also necessary for people whose country forbids uploading but not downloading...

Tinkle
10.04.09, 20:05
Yes, that's right - public trackers are plagued by Hit & Runners, which slow down torrents. :mad:

But no upload is also necessary for people whose country forbids uploading but not downloading...
anon u said some countrys dont allow uploading is that really tru :shockkk!:
then those countries have no way for surviving in private trackers
also can u name as such any country :smile:

anon
10.04.09, 20:06
anon u said some countrys dont allow uploading is that really tru :shockkk!:

Yes, it's true.

then those countries have no way for surviving in private trackers

Apart from cheating.

also can u name as such any country :smile:

Canada and the Netherlands, if I remember correctly.

Tinkle
10.04.09, 20:09
the reason which made me use this trick is coz i have got warning from my ISP 2 times for bandwidth abuse i uploaded so much for 2 days that they gave me a warning saying if i continued this further they would remove internet service so i kinda upload at moderate speeds and dont upload like a upload freak
:biggrin:

anon
10.04.09, 20:11
That's another reason to use it... some ISPs also change you an extra fee if you upload more than, say, 100 or 200 MB in a month. That's perfect for surfing, chatting and the occasional upload, but not for P2P.

mmmmm
08.05.09, 23:19
Thanks my friend about the tut . :top: :klatsch_3:

By the way, you can set the amount of upload slots to a negative number at Options -> Preferences -> Bandwidth as well. This way no upload should apply globally.

That what i want to say too :top:

i have got warning from my ISP 2 times for bandwidth abuse

where r u from?:confused:
it will become three countries now

nishant
09.05.09, 19:48
I doubt this will cause any seeding shifts in public trackers. This thread is under 400 views.

I'm also using this trackers where mratio works. It's going really well, my dl speed has doubled to tripled on some occasions!

Reichsadler
29.05.09, 15:22
Why don't it work on private trackers?

On open tracker I didn't try it as yet.

anon
29.05.09, 15:23
It does work on private trackers.

Reichsadler
29.05.09, 15:31
It does work on private trackers.

Really? Must I have a spezial uTorrent version? I have uTorrent v1.6.1 and it doesn't work.

Dark Knight
04.06.09, 10:41
yup nice bug...it Works perfectly On public Trackers....

And ya , I too agree With Dynamic that at least Seed while you leech..well i Seed back at 5 kb/sec....:wink:

DriftKing
04.06.09, 13:14
Tested on demonoid. Works Perfect !

anon
04.06.09, 14:14
Really? Must I have a spezial uTorrent version? I have uTorrent v1.6.1 and it doesn't work.

Try typing the negative number in the individual torrents' properties. I have tried this with v1.8.2 and it works fine.

yup nice bug...it Works perfectly On public Trackers....

Should work on private ones as well. I agree with not using this on public ones unless necessary, though, and always seed my public torrents 1:1. :smile:

SomeGuy
10.06.09, 02:09
Tried on the latest 1.8.3 Beta and no worky worky.
The leechers just keep on sucking my upload, and only give me between 2kb and 6kb which is sad.

anon
10.06.09, 19:03
Perhaps they patched it, although I didn't see any mention of negative upload slots in the changelog.

Works fine with the latest 1.8.2 and 1.9 builds here.

SomeGuy
10.06.09, 19:08
I can copy and paste a negative number, but my upload rate stayed unchanged. :top:

anon
10.06.09, 19:08
Stop and start the torrent, and make sure you haven't set a custom upload slots setting for it.

coolio256
22.06.10, 13:49
can you get a warning from the "police" with this method?

anon
22.06.10, 13:50
This doesn't work anymore... I think it's time to lock this thread.