PDA

View Full Version : X-Men Origins Workprint Leak and BitTorrent Trackers

shoulder
03.04.09, 12:35
Back in 2006, an unfinished copy (workprint) of the movie Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith leaked on the popular BitTorrent tracker EliteTorrents (ET). It’s not everyday a workprint leaks on BitTorrent and needless to say that this brought a lot of attention to the tracker which was hosted in the U.S. Ultimately the BitTorrent site was raided and shut down by the FBI, with some of its admins being thrown in jail. Now, three years after the shut down of ET a workprint of another popular movie, X-Men Origins Wolverine, has leaked. Have BitTorrent trackers avoided uploading this torrent in fear of a repeat of EliteTorrents scenario?Read More (http://filenetworks.blogspot.com/2009/04/x-men-origins-workprint-leak-and.html)

What do you think?
Is the same that happened to ET possible nowadays?

I don't think so, since the RLS is already available on many trackers, and they can't shutdown every.
So they can't stop the spreading anymore.

anon
03.04.09, 13:12
ET was hosted on the US, that's most likely why they could bust it like that.

I think it's now too late for them to stop the spreading too. It's on every good tracker already, and even The Pirate Bay.

Hopefully this won't prevent the film studio from finishing the movie.

kazuya
03.04.09, 14:08
Better they watched out how the workprint got there in first place:eek13:.In my opinion if i would be admin on tracker i would forbid such movies.Better to wait for final product then you can cam it,fuck it or whatever

splicer
03.04.09, 16:29
The truth is, the large majority of the WP is fine. There aren't special effects in every scene. I would imagine STG or KingBen or anyone of the like, would cut mostof the WP and splice bits of CAM or TS together.

SBfreak
03.04.09, 17:42
Well the unfinished copy of this movie is now on nearly all trackers.I think releasing this was a bad idea because now that I've seen it without special effects I've lost nearly all interest in this great movie..

Aurion
04.04.09, 00:49
Actually,the movie was a full leak version with an Xvid quality that has a runtime perion of 1h 14m,I downloaded it & take a watch,it is actually a full copy except the last 14 minutes fight by the end of the movie,so I guess it might be happening again but with a more accurate leak to the bittorrent world.

anon
04.04.09, 00:54
Actually,the movie was a full leak version with an Xvid quality that has a runtime perion of 1h 14m

I downloaded the RUBY release and it is 1 hour 46 minutes long :confused:

Aurion
04.04.09, 00:59
are you sure ? :?: I picked it up off IPT with that runtime & read replies about the last part of the movie,then watched it & found out that it was actually missing the last 14m fight.

anon
04.04.09, 01:00
are you sure ?

Yes, of course. I downloaded:
X-Men.Origins.Wolverine.PROPER.WORKPRINT.XviD-RUBY
from TL, and it lasts 1 hour 46 minutes.

Aurion
04.04.09, 01:07
let me check the copy I have when I get home,maybe it's the same release but the first one leaked since I recall reading about two version of that RUBY rls,the first was just a trailer,then came out the PROPER one.

anon
04.04.09, 01:10
Sure :smile: The one I mentioned in my post is the full workprint.

Although it seems to have been nuked :tongue:

p2p.NoGrp.source.reencode
nuke.violates.mod16.standards.on.height

iLG has released a "REAL PROPER", 107 minutes long.

Aurion
04.04.09, 01:24
iLG ? this should be a totally new release tho,well I need to watch both to figure out differences.Anyway,it's very good we have both releases in such a top quality.

shoulder
04.04.09, 12:29
But there are still no special effects from what I've heard, so I'll wait and stick to the final one. :tongue:

mozilla
07.04.09, 15:42
They probably decided to leak it themselves at an early stage to make everyone want to see the cool effects on the big screen.

splicer
07.04.09, 15:57
Seeing how many big films were available in DVDSCR before the Oscars, I wouldn't be surprised.

shawshankraj
09.04.09, 13:01
I have download the print and see it

i am curious to see original one to see difference between them

StealthLeecher
11.04.09, 17:06
I am sure Xmen Is a gona be a BIG big Hit ...
Workprint was awesome

mancougar
17.04.09, 01:17
well i just downloaded the movie from iptorrent and i'll check it out

alpacino
17.04.09, 09:01
Downloaded the Ruby version myself. Played until the place where first special effects should be, then deleted the whole movie, LOL. No special effects for a film like this is a no-no for me!