PDA

View Full Version : Opera Beta Improves Syncing

SBgooo
28.10.07, 23:00
Opera Software ASA has released a beta of its upcoming desktop browser, code-named Kestrel, which can synchronize bookmarks between a PC and a mobile device.

The update to Opera 9.5, released Thursday, also fixes "hundreds of bugs" that were in the alpha version, said Huid Kleinhout, desktop team manager, in Opera's desktop blog. "Web site rendering has been significantly improved, along with performance, stability and usability," he wrote.

The synching feature, called Opera Link, can sychronize bookmarks between Opera's mobile and desktop browsers. When a person uses Opera Mini 4.5, a mobile browser that's also in beta, and the desktop browser, new bookmarks are copied to a server and made available in both browsers.

The bookmarks can also be accessed from any other browser by logging into the Opera Link Web page.

Opera Link is designed to help people who want to visit a Web site on their mobile device that they have bookmarked on their PC, but don't want to search for it again or type in the address. Or for people who are at work or a friend's house and want to find a Web page again that they bookmarked at home.

The synchronization also works with Speed Dial, a feature that presents thumbnail graphics of a person's favorite Web sites in a new tab.

Opera Link is available for Macintosh, Windows and Linux computers, and users will need to sign up for a free Opera account. Opera Link was also in the alpha release of Opera 9.5, but it was buggy.

Opera, based in Oslo, is a distant third in browser market share behind Microsoft Corp.'s Internet Explorer and Mozilla Corp.'s Firefox.

source is here: pcworld (http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,138913-c,browsers/article.html)

maphix
03.11.07, 22:57
Not really a big fan of opera, as it conflicts with many websites i use. Same does FF2 and IE7. I ave to switch between 3 browsers all the time. Not very fun.

Piechcio
07.11.07, 00:37
i use opera for websites, and ie to admin routers :smile:

v0us
10.11.07, 23:05
Opera is a very good browser, as well as Firefox and much better than Internet Explorer!

takomania
18.12.07, 11:51
i use opera for websites, and ie to admin routers :smile:

same here!

i've used opera as my primary browser for ages now - it seems to run much faster (for me at least) than any other browser, and is much more stable than firefox..

saying that, i still use firefox for some of the extensions it offers...

cutthroat1855
25.03.08, 20:28
opera is my fav browser it got alot of features more than any browser and in my opinio its the fastes , but it still got some conflicts with some sites and bugs so i hope they fix tht soon

czullo
30.03.08, 11:02
opera ftw, waiting for 9.50 ;D