PDA

View Full Version : If you don't believe in God, then what do you believe in?

Se7Ven
02.04.09, 18:21
If you don't believe in God, then what do you believe in?

In what you believe is there outside something bigger than us....in what you can believe in???

ANTHEM
"It is my eyes which see,
and the sight of my eyes grants beauty to the earth.

It is my ears which hear,
and the hearing of my ears gives its song to the world.

It is my mind which thinks,
and the judgment of my mind is the only searchlight that can find the truth."

http://i43.tinypic.com/2dmhyix.jpg
"is there something more important than" yourself?

boruc
02.04.09, 23:18
Thats quite a heavy question there m8
i try and be good and believe in karma

splicer
02.04.09, 23:40
Um... I don't know; I renounced all of my linkings with religion a long time ago and closest I get to it is my religious education class. I guess I have to say I believe in the law of attraction; I've had to many "coincidences" happen to me in my life for me not to. Other than that, if science can prove it, I will believe it.

Mutter
03.04.09, 06:33
I believe in myself.

Everything you can do is in your own hands. Dont give it to some imaginary "thing"...in the end the imagination can only disappoint you!

Fingertip
03.04.09, 09:27
"...all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration – that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death; life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves." - Bill Hicks

"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

Se7Ven
03.04.09, 23:37
"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion.

.sure thats what i believe ..when you do good things and think positiv than you will be have a good karma and better results..my law is be optimistic because life is awesome and i believe in myself:top:

xixifrank
04.04.09, 14:04
Myself.:biggrin:

Aurion
06.04.09, 00:31
I don't think I will ever believe in something than GOD,actually it's part of my living soul to keep believing so that I can overcome obstacles thru my life.

zero125
06.04.09, 02:15
I dont belive in anything.
Because i dont know if something like God is existing.
And thats the main problem for me!
Noone can show me a real proof!

SealLion
06.04.09, 03:08
Faith is one man's proof while science is another man's faith.

One does not need science to provide proof and dominance over faith.

It is faith that sojourns a person to believe in what he (or she) believes to be true, not necessarily science.

science proves concrete information.

Faith proves the very idea of abstract notions and ideology to be true.

Why tear it down??

does faith hurt you??

has another person's faith caused you personal injury??

Or are you afraid to believe in something that is greater, if not much more complex, then the human race can even hope to understand??

And if people don't believe in anything, then what makes them human ??

Fingertip
06.04.09, 04:01
has another person's faith caused you personal injury??

Yes, actually.

In my estimation, belief in God is a severe mental defect.

SealLion
06.04.09, 04:39
You like to make indirect insults towards people, don't you??
Why would that be??

RULES:
8. Insults

Insults and strong language are strictly forbidden!

Do you have so few, if any friends at all, whether they be friends from over the internet or friends IRL, that you feel such shame or bitterness towards lack thereof, that you have some spite over it??

Nevertheless, let me make the question of God more comprehensible to you through an argument and an ontological analogy:

You see, it is greater for a thing to exist in the mind and in reality than in the mind alone.

You see, God" means "that than which a greater cannot be thought."

Now suppose that God exists in the mind but not in reality, ok??

Then a greater than God could be thought (namely, a being that has all the qualities our thought of God has plus real existence).

But this is impossible, yes?? because for God is "that than which a greater cannot be thought."

Now therefore God exists in the mind and in reality.

Here's a question:
Is it really greater for something to exist in the mind and in reality than in the mind alone?

Now here's the anology along with questions to help answer:

"Isn't an imaginary disease better than a real one?" Well it certainly is better—and so a greater thing too—for you that the disease is not real, yes??

But now you see real bacteria are greater than imaginary ones, just because they have something that imaginary ones lack: which is real being.

You see they have an independence or their own, and therefore an ability to harm, that nothing can have whose existence is wholly dependent on your thought.

It is this greater level of independence that makes them greater as beings. And that line of thinking does not seem elusive or far fetched.

So now, your wondering: But is real being just another "thought" or "concept"?

Is "real being" just one more concept or a characteristic (something like "omniscience" or "omnipotence") that could make a difference to the kind of being God is?

You see, being a real being does make a real difference.

Now aside from that, I was under the impression that you were going to leave the forum.

Remeber this:

....., I won't be coming back here.....

taken from here:

http://www.sb-innovation.de/f56/discussion-split-giveaway-thread-10327/

What gives??

YOu decided to stay??

I was under the impression that you didn't like some people here??

why be amongst people that you, from what I gather from your posts, are lower than yourself, or that you don't like??

Fingertip
06.04.09, 08:37
I'm going to take this bit by bit:

You like to make indirect insults towards people, don't you?? Why would that be??
- Yes. People who say ignorant things deserve whatever others see fit to give them. I just enjoy insulting people, basically. Quoting the rules is a waste of time. I do as I see fit.

Do you have so few, if any friends at all, whether they be friends from over the internet or friends IRL, that you feel such shame or bitterness towards lack thereof, that you have some spite over it??
- I have very few friends, and it's by design. I intentionally limit the amount of people that I allow to associate with me because, well, I feel as though I am better than most people. Call it arrogance if you will, but I have a very high set of standards which your average person can never meet.

- I do not believe in any God, and your analogy was craptastic. Nothing you say can change my mind, and if you are a Christian, it is your duty to ignore the non-believers and turn the other cheek like good ol' Jesus. Also, the fact that you speak of God and disease in the same thought process is not lost on me, because, as I mentioned before, feel that believing in God is a severe mental defect (or disease, if you will).

Now aside from that, I was under the impression that you were going to leave the forum.
- I had not intended to post any more, but your post left me unable to control my seething rage toward theists. Fear not. I have no intention of sticking around. Just needed to check on something, and unwittingly checked the "unread posts" page.

I was under the impression that you didn't like some people here??
- That is the understatement of the year.

why be amongst people that you, from what I gather from your posts, are lower than yourself, or that you don't like??
- I'm in it for the ego trip, dude. As I traipse alongside the unwashed masses, it is impossible to not feel as though I am above this.

anon
06.04.09, 17:56
I just enjoy insulting people, basically. Quoting the rules is a waste of time. I do as I see fit.

Unfortunately, you agreed to abide by our rules at all times when registering at SB-I.

Se7Ven
06.04.09, 18:27
but it dont means to loose yourself in something bigger ..it means to find
yourself in human rights or freedom ..ore fight to save the planet and this things are bigger at my opinion then youreself

and what is god ...it is for me love and in everry thing in nature and not only in a church ..that not depends in your religion about cristian or a moslem

SealLion
07.04.09, 01:28
I would not be surprised that he will return. It is within human nature to seek social companionships. Whether they be online or IRL.

so if he does return, he will have proven his words to not return as untrue and incorrect. In other words: he's lied.

EDIT: I 've proven myself correct. His profile states the following:

Fingertip:
Last Activity: Today 14:37

In other words, my statement above re: social companionships and relationships that all human's crave would be correct, of course.

Unfortunately, I am unable to make a mature discussion on my point with him due to his anger management problems.

So as far as I'm concerned, I'll not engage myself in textual conversation with him.

Yes, 2223, you've got a good point there with respect to not loosing yourself in something that is bigger, yet also trivial. Which is something that is evident in one of the above posts.

Love can also be love of mother-earth for some people.

Love for greater things than yourself, is what I think your talking about, yes??

Islam asks: Do you want to serve God? Serve your fellow man, then.

The basis of this is to serve your neighbor; your community.

Christianity asks the same thing.

Fingertip
07.04.09, 01:43
I would not be surprised that he will return. It is within human nature to seek social companionships. Whether they be online or IRL.

so if he does return, he will have proven his words to not return as untrue and incorrect. In other words: he's lied.

EDIT: I 've proven myself correct. His profile states the following:

In other words, my statement above re: social companionships and relationships that all human's crave would be correct, of course.

Unfortunately, I am unable to make a mature discussion on my point with him due to his anger management problems.

So as far as I'm concerned, I'll not engage myself in textual conversation with him.

I returned to see if you had cared enough to grace us with any more of your pseudo-wisdom. The fact that you're checking my profile weirds me out. Are you stalking me? Do you think I'm pretty? A/S/L?

Additionally, I didn't specify whether or not I'd come back to read what was posted or to comment on things myself. I didn't lie. You simply didn't care to ask for further information, so retract your statement and apologize. Immediately. The power of Christ compels you.

As for anger management problems, well, I'm being civil and well-behaved thus far. I'm barely even pissed. You've no clue what hell I can raise when I'm truly mad. Right now, I'd classify myself as slightly miffed with a 10% chance of amused. Regardless, I'm not a nice guy, but I'm being a good little fella just for you.

I find the following statement particularly hilarious: "In other words, my statement above re: social companionships and relationships that all human's crave would be correct, of course."

I believe that the human animal is the most flawed of them all, and the sooner that this race and all that it represents dies, the better. We've ruined the Earth, screwed the animals that inhabited the lands, and made it a point to do unto each other the inverse of what we want done unto us. Why, pray tell, would I want ANY part of that? I crave nothing but the end of it all.

Tinkle
07.04.09, 04:42
I returned to see if you had cared enough to grace us with any more of your pseudo-wisdom. The fact that you're checking my profile weirds me out. Are you stalking me? Do you think I'm pretty? A/S/L?

Additionally, I didn't specify whether or not I'd come back to read what was posted or to comment on things myself. I didn't lie. You simply didn't care to ask for further information, so retract your statement and apologize. Immediately. The power of Christ compels you.

As for anger management problems, well, I'm being civil and well-behaved thus far. I'm barely even pissed. You've no clue what hell I can raise when I'm truly mad. Right now, I'd classify myself as slightly miffed with a 10% chance of amused. Regardless, I'm not a nice guy, but I'm being a good little fella just for you.

I find the following statement particularly hilarious: "In other words, my statement above re: social companionships and relationships that all human's crave would be correct, of course."

I believe that the human animal is the most flawed of them all, and the sooner that this race and all that it represents dies, the better. We've ruined the Earth, screwed the animals that inhabited the lands, and made it a point to do unto each other the inverse of what we want done unto us. Why, pray tell, would I want ANY part of that? I crave nothing but the end of it all.

just a small request y u guys are talking about something which doesnt relate to this thread
and also a small request is it important for both of u guys to fight with each other plz guys keep the place nice
and yes "fingertip" question is do u believe in god or not if you dont believe just say no and make a statement no need to show disliking towards belief if u dont believe leave it y care about what others think
there is no need to downgrade someone elses faith people have their own beliefs u can be polite saying u dont believe in one

and sealion i think u must also let loose the statement he said that he would be leaving come on people say lot of things in anger does that mean they do all those things and u are known to be a nice member so y bother about he saying something

ontopic: i do believe in god yes but not so religious about it i believe if we do wrong we will be punished for it some day or other there is no way of escaping it
love all serve all (simple as that)
man i feel like i have become a philoshopher:biggrin:
as the word says
"as u sow so shall u reap"

Fingertip
07.04.09, 05:49
just a small request y u guys are talking about something which doesnt relate to this thread
and also a small request is it important for both of u guys to fight with each other plz guys keep the place nice
and yes "fingertip" question is do u believe in god or not if you dont believe just say no and make a statement no need to show disliking towards belief if u dont believe leave it y care about what others think
there is no need to downgrade someone elses faith people have their own beliefs u can be polite saying u dont believe in one

and sealion i think u must also let loose the statement he said that he would be leaving come on people say lot of things in anger does that mean they do all those things and u are known to be a nice member so y bother about he saying something

One sentence at a time:

Our discussion is related to the topic at hand. I feel no need to be "nice" when I don't feel as though I'm receiving the same benefit in return. It isn't that I care what others think so much as it's that I care how they present their beliefs. If I see fit to "downgrade" something, that is as much my right as it is the right of the person I'm speaking of to post whatever it is I disagree with.

As for what you said to SealLion, he need not ignore anything I've posted. I meant every word, none of which were posted in anger. If he really thinks that proselytizing and posting in a language that only slightly resembles English is going to get me to recant, he's more than welcome to fail ...er... try.

anon
07.04.09, 16:33
As for what you said to SealLion, he need not ignore anything I've posted. I meant every word, none of which were posted in anger. If he really thinks that proselytizing and posting in a language that only slightly resembles English is going to get me to recant, he's more than welcome to fail ...er... try.

We're an international community and no one's english is perfect, so please don't make that kind of attacks.

Fingertip
08.04.09, 00:53
We're an international community and no one's english is perfect, so please don't make that kind of attacks.

It wasn't an attack. That's what people call "an observation." They're super neat!

Regardless, if he wants to try to persuade me to take his side, perhaps better translation software would be beneficial. As it stands, approximately 75% of his posts resemble incomprehensible garble. If you disagree, that's your business.

anon
08.04.09, 15:40
Call it however you want, but the fact that you made your post sound formal doesn't make your accusation of SealLion's english being a "translation software" work less insulting.

Fingertip
09.04.09, 01:35
Call it however you want, but the fact that you made your post sound formal doesn't make your accusation of SealLion's english being a "translation software" work less insulting.

His butchering of the English language is an insult to those of us who speak it both natively and proficiently. Perhaps he should put forth an effort to make sure his postings are up to to the standard set by others. If he intends to be taken seriously, he needs to make certain that his written words make this possible. At present, this is not the case.

boruc
09.04.09, 02:12
Dear christ (no pun intended) , but is this childish argument still ongoing , both of you need to drop it and agree too disagree :top:

kiss and make-up now

Fingertip
09.04.09, 03:25
Dear christ (no pun intended) , but is this childish argument still ongoing , both of you need to drop it and agree too disagree :top:

kiss and make-up now

1. None of your business.
2. Don't dare tell me what to do.

splicer
09.04.09, 10:53
@ Fingertip : Why do you persist on not getting along with anyone here? I feel it would be safe to safe that the majority of your posts have a negative tone (I quote: In my estimation, belief in God is a severe mental defect.) and I'm surprised you haven't been warned again. Now, I've defended you before, and even wanted you to stay, but seriously, either get along with the other users, or, well, fuck off. This may be a forum, but not everything is an argument. As I said to you, SB-I is one of few havens for cheaters, and to be honest, you're making some people's expiriences here, terrible, even for people who don't speak the same language as you! Your lack of tolerance, towards non-English users who try their best to speak English (lest you forget, this is a German website), to the 2000 million followers (depends on source) of Christianity (and all it's denominations) really does show that you are ignorant, though you, and your over-sized ego, may argue otherwise. I read before that you feel yourself better than most people; that seriously is the wrong attitude. Everyone is equal, both at the keyboard, and out on the street, so why persist in making people feel lesser, when it's only because of such a stupid, and arrogant, reason? I respect the fact that everyone, every user, is different; in charectaristics, attitude, physical appearance, but when one person begins to humiliate others out of his own personal choice, there is only one word for such a person: bully, and you my friend, are the perfect example of one.

@ Mods : I realise the "fuck off" part, as well as the rest of my post, may be considered a personal attack, so feel free to place an infraction upon my user account if you think it necesarry.

Snitlev
09.04.09, 11:19
I believe ever the good thinks in a human, and I'm believe God...

best regards

boruc
09.04.09, 12:10
1. None of your business.
2. Don't dare tell me what to do.

fingertip grow up , Where iam from its a free country and i will post my opinion on whatever thread/post i see fit and your second point i.e dont dare tell me what to do? you have serious anger management issues,so i have come to the conclusion that you are just a sad pathetic little man/boy and your words do not frighten anybody :stupid:

takomania
09.04.09, 13:42
i've always liked gaia theory

Gaia hypothesis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaia_hypothesis)

sounds a lot more reasonable to me than any religious mumbo jumbo...

Fingertip
14.04.09, 01:50
If there was a God, I'd ask him to strike me dead so that I don't have to endure this nonsense anymore. Do you people not realize that arguing with me is futile? I will never change my mind or stance on any issue. Never. I will never stop being a self-righteous, arrogant, cocksure, negative, incendiary bully. Never! That's just who I am, like it or not. If you don't like what I have to say, then use vBulletin's ignore list function, if you can figure out how, that is.

I don't like Christians. Any of them. Even ones in my family. I go out of my way to ensure that I never have to speak to them or encounter them. No one that believes in God has a place in my life, no matter what good qualities they may have. Insofar as I am concerned, a belief in God totally overshadows anything about you that may be good or acceptable. This is my opinion, which no one has a right to strip me of. Disagree if you wish, but don't act as if I have no rights.

What is even more hilarious is that you actually think you have me all figured out. You know nothing of me, except that which I see fit to allow you to see. I am a much, much worse person in "real life" than I am on here. You'd never think it possible, but the way I talk to people on here is me being "nice."

And, for what it's worth, the whole language thing is really irking me. If you can't speak English completely fluently and properly, then you probably shouldn't try. I don't go into the German sections of this forum and try to speak German, and I expect the same thing of the non-English speaking people. But not just here. Anywhere. When I hear people speaking a foreign language in a store, I remind them where they are, and that if they cannot fit into this culture, they need deported. End of discussion.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I must go fuck off.

Se7Ven
14.04.09, 02:11
iam not total disagree of you, and you have rights.
and i dont insult you but please lets go back to topic:wink2:

we are all differend here and thats okay..we tolerate other people and have respect of there minds:top:

shoulder
14.04.09, 12:02
When I hear people speaking a foreign language in a store, I remind them where they are, and that if they cannot fit into this culture, they need deported. End of discussion.
And when I see people breaking a rule, I remind them to follow those.
Even if your insults are said in a roundabout way they're still insults.

I ask you to stop it!

kazuya
14.04.09, 12:42
If there was a God, I'd ask him to strike me dead so that I don't have to endure this nonsense anymore. Do you people not realize that arguing with me is futile? I will never change my mind or stance on any issue. Never. I will never stop being a self-righteous, arrogant, cocksure, negative, incendiary bully. Never!

There is always a first time

I will believe in what i see,feel,hear and nothing else.if there is a God then i respect that,but will believe in him when i see him with my own Eyes

Se7Ven
14.04.09, 13:52
thank you kazuya..i think its simple when you do good things and speak well to
other people then you feel a part of his spirit in yourself:top:

Fingertip
15.04.09, 01:32
And when I see people breaking a rule, I remind them to follow those.
Even if your insults are said in a roundabout way they're still insults.

I ask you to stop it!

I ask you to re-evaluate what your consider to be an insult. Once you've done so, you'll see that I am just trying to make it possible to read some of the posts on this forum without a translator. Then you can apologize to me for being so rude.