╔═══════════════════════════╗
Supplier:
╚═══════════════════════════╝

>>>>>> anon <<<<<<

Changelog / Features:
0.9.10:
* FIX: RF is now a single instance app, you can't launch more than one instance. This should lower the number of people asking for the error "socket in use" :)
* FIX: auto checking for updates might display the new version message even if there's none.
* CHANGE: Some language updates.
* CHANGE: your real upload will be appended when you use "report my upload as x.x times my download". The final result then will be downloaded x multiplier + uploaded. That way, even if your download has been completed, you can continue seeding.

0.9.8:
* FIX: RSS not working in uTorrent when Ratio Faker is enabled
* FIX: write permission error for debug.log (in Windows Vista/7)

0.9.7:
* FIX: tracker offline message on 0.9.6
* FIX: after closing Ratio Faker there's still a running thread of it
* ADD: option to not generate error.log (not recommended!)
* CHANGE: some multi-threading improvements

Remember!: Before changing from one mode to another, changing the modifier or ratios, ALWAYS stop (not pause!) all your torrents.

What is this?:

If you know what GreedyTorrent is, then the answer is really simple: it's a clon.
But wait, it's not based on GT ... this is a written-from-scratch software, I don't even know GT author.

I've started this project because I think that there's one important missing feature in GT, and that's the ability to pick up a random modification ratio. That's the biggest problem of GT, and because of that it's relative easy to detect when someone is using it (for tracker admins).

Ratio Faker offers the possibility to generate a random value in every announce, like in a real bittorrent transfer scenario. Obviously, you must select the extreme values moderately.

Please, report any bug or problem that you find by posting a comment here.

Should work with any client that support http proxy, but I've only tested with µTorrent 1.8.x.

How to use?

- Open Ratio Faker and check in what port is listening

- Open µTorrent or your favourite bittorrent client and set the proxy with the following data:

Host: 127.0.0.1
Port: 8282 (you should put here the listening port of step 1)
Proxy Type: http

For example, in µTorrent you have to go to Option, Preferences. Go to Connection, under Proxy Server section enter the above data and then click OK to save.

That's all!

Tutorial by SealLion

Using Ratio Faker Strategically (http://www.sb-innovation.de/f59/using-ratiofaker-strategically-part-i-10511/)

Note: we have permission from the coder to distribute this tool.
It's not related to the tool RatioFaker 0.65b!

mmmmm
30.03.09, 02:17
after i tried ws fix still the problem so I'll stop trying these days at least,as Matias said its because of ISP .
If i succeed to fix it later I'll post(I'll try another ISP as soon as possible).

StealthLeecher
30.03.09, 12:00
Is this mod undetectable?

yokohama
30.03.09, 12:28
i am using utorrent 1.8 and configured as u said before but its not working i get this errormessage : invaild http reply . all port set to 8282 even in my router.

mmmmm
30.03.09, 17:31
@supercheater
if u use it reasonable then no tracker can detect u.

@yokohama
U DON"T NEED to forward the RF port (8282) in ur router just do like the following:
utorrent:
options>preferences>connection>proxy server>
Type : Http
proxy : 127.0.0.1
port : 8282

then u need RF to be opened .

Remember :
to disabled any proxy in ur IE or FF then it will work without any problem.

Energise
30.03.09, 22:54
it works fine with me on almost all trackers.. I LOVE IT PPL

anon
30.03.09, 22:55
it works fine with me on almost all trackers..

More specifically..? So that people find your post useful :wink:

StealthLeecher
31.03.09, 01:03
can i use this on higher level trackers like bitme,bitmetv,what.cd,Sccetc

anon
31.03.09, 01:04
It should work everywhere, although I'd advise your stick to the upload multiplier at higher-level trackers.

StealthLeecher
31.03.09, 01:29
I have tested it on the following tracker:
Bitme
what.cd
waffles
RevoTT
and it works:tongue:

Mihai
31.03.09, 18:59
Work's.Matias is the man:wink:
Trakers:Bittorrents
filelist.ro
torrentbytes
etc. Just use low values on bigger trakers.

SBfreak
31.03.09, 19:41
I have tested it on the following tracker:
Bitme
what.cd
waffles
RevoTT
and it works:tongue:

Strange..it doesn't work for me on waffles......it gives the same error as on Iplay

Energise
01.04.09, 05:09
tested on:

Bitme
BMTV
What
Waffles
BTmusic
BCG
x264
Thebox

Works perfectly
just stick to the rules and NEVA NEVA use high values

supremebeing
01.04.09, 08:50
Just ran it and got this error:

1/04/2009 3:45:10 PM
--> Message:
Could not find a part of the path 'C:UsersAdminAppDataLocalRatioFakersettings.txt'.
--> Source:
mscorlib
--> Stacktrace:
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at .()
--> Target Site:
Void WinIOError(Int32, System.String)
--> Data:

I just created the file and now it doesn't show the error. Thought Id let you know.

Edit: Other than that it works great! No issues.

Mihai
01.04.09, 21:45
Invalid request!Could not parse host and/or port.And i can't download and upload.In utorrent it showes proxy connect error(offline):mad2:

anon
01.04.09, 21:51
Please post a screen of your uTorrent proxy settings.

Energise was having the same problem and it was caused by "use proxy server for peer-to-peer connections" being ticked. And even though after unticking it he kept on getting the errors, his fake upload was shown on the tracker's side.

vannelli87
01.04.09, 23:06
tested on:

Bitme
BMTV
What
Waffles
BTmusic
BCG
x264
Thebox

Works perfectly
just stick to the rules and NEVA NEVA use high values

You could post the settings, speed? :tongue:

Mihai
01.04.09, 23:35
Oh and know my utorrent doesn't work even without using the proxy

anon
01.04.09, 23:36
Then it could be an ISP issue. What's the tracker status?

Coca-Cola
01.04.09, 23:39
the program works great. no error and not banned in none of the tracker's i have used. Nice tool :smile: Thx

who?
02.04.09, 05:15
has anyone yet to test this on sct?

Mihai
02.04.09, 06:52
It was connection to peer closed or on other torrents proxy connect error:offline(timed out ).

SealLion
02.04.09, 07:57
So here's the scoop: It works on uT v 1.6* with out any concerns re: that version of client while using RF; however, I've asked the author on his blog if he would consider altering the program on a potential update of this program with out the user having to stop the client's torrent just in order to change the modifier, the ratio's, etc....as I find having to do that is a bit of an inconvenience.

Just a little more testing to do and I'll probably (maybe??) post another tutorial on how to use this appy strategically on any tracker as I am beginning to think (as per current testing) that this app's settings can be configured slightly differently then GT to safely gain a good ratio yet also maintain account survival without having to go overboard on ratio pimping and risking one's account.

Energise
02.04.09, 09:52
You could post the settings, speed? :tongue:

http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/8864/71115539.png

xbebo86x
02.04.09, 14:00
Banned from What.cd:confused2:

Mihai
02.04.09, 15:48
And my torrent stops working.I use utorrent 1.8.2 and i tryed even ratio faker 0.9.8 and that's not working now.It works for a period of time and then it showes proxy connect error:offline(timed out ) in utorrent and and in ratio faker :Invalid request!Could not parse host and/or port.I will try greedy torrent until i find out why it's not working

MiCRON
02.04.09, 16:02
i'm new to this tool and i'm not sure if it works the way i think it should. say i've uploaded 5MB on one torrent and 7mb on another torrent and have a setting like this:

"report my upload as 1.500 times my upload"

will it report 7.5mb up and 10.5mb to the tracker?

anon
02.04.09, 19:14
@SealLion: thanks in advance for your tutorial. :top:

Invalid request!Could not parse host and/or port.I will try greedy torrent until i find out why it's not working

Remember GreedyTorrent isn't working with uTorrent 1.8.2.

"report my upload as 1.500 times my upload"

will it report 7.5mb up and 10.5mb to the tracker?

Yes, since you're multiplying your upload by 1.5.

Mihai
02.04.09, 19:23
It look's like greedy is working.:tongue:But i wanna find uot why ratio faker isn't working.

anon
02.04.09, 19:26
But i wanna find uot why ratio faker isn't working.

Do you have the latest .NET Framework installed? Have you installed any new programs or drivers recently?

Mihai
02.04.09, 19:43
Well i instled windows xp again and i only formated C: .Can this be the problem?And i have netframework 3.5 so this is not the problem

anon
02.04.09, 19:45
Well i instled windows xp again and i only formated C: .Can this be the problem?

No, it should be the solution :biggrin:

And i have netframework 3.5 so this is not the problem

That should work fine, but just in case you could try uninstalling 3.5 and installing 2.0.

Mihai
02.04.09, 20:05
It's working fine for now.I will tell you later if it work fine.Oh and i don't know why it's not working any more on pretome .net.
20:02:12 An error has ocurred! A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 208.43.99.82:2710

anon
02.04.09, 20:06
20:02:12 An error has ocurred! A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 208.43.99.82:2710

Sounds like a timeout... it's normal to get these every now and then, but post if you keep on getting them after some hours.

Mihai
02.04.09, 21:36
Not working any more.21:34:18 Invalid request! Could not parse host and/or port. :frown:

anon
02.04.09, 21:38
Invalid request! Could not parse host and/or port. :frown:

Even though your Windows has just been installed, you could try the WinSock Fix (http://majorgeeks.com/download4372.html). Otherwise, I have ran out of ideas...

KCAH
02.04.09, 22:32
Thanx gr8 tool. Its working well on my comp. But.......... Multiplication is limited to 100 MB maximum. Where greedy is 999 MB I think. Is there any way I can maximize the 100 MB limit. Because I used 211 MB before on almost every tracker (TL,TD,BCG,RevTT,TB,XBOXSky etc.) and its work very well.

anon
02.04.09, 22:34
Thanx gr8 tool. Its working well on my comp. But.......... Multiplication is limited to 100 MB maximum. Where greedy is 999 MB I think. Is there any way I can maximize the 100 MB limit.

I guess that's to prevent you from using huge multipliers, and therefore there should be no way to disable it.

If you want to fake such high uploads use the PMR.

SealLion
03.04.09, 02:19
For Mihai91:

show the actual log file from RF with the necessary edit of some info.

utilize the correct port, too.

Here. Does this help:

Port: 8282
Proxy Type: http

For example, in µTorrent you have to go to Option, Preferences. Go to Connection, under Proxy Server section enter the above data and then click OK to save.

Mihai
03.04.09, 07:53
For Mihai91:

show the actual log file from RF with the necessary edit of some info.

utilize the correct port, too.

Here. Does this help:

I know the setings.And in ratio faker it showes: Invalid request! Could not parse host and/or port, Several times

alpacino
03.04.09, 11:53
@anon: I've been reading some posts here and realized the trackers only get the announce from the client right? So do you think any tracker can detect that we are using a proxy tool (RF in this case)? Or the speeds are the only risks? I sure know trackers can detect when you are using a web proxy but what about a local tool?

anon
03.04.09, 14:17
So do you think any tracker can detect that we are using a proxy tool (RF in this case)? Or the speeds are the only risks? I sure know trackers can detect when you are using a web proxy but what about a local tool?

RF is a local proxy. The tracker can't know you're using the tool itself - using the wrong multiplier(s) is the only risk.

Mihai
03.04.09, 14:19
Hey anon I wanna ask you a huge favor.Can you please enter in my pc with teamviwer to see what the problem is??Please

KCAH
03.04.09, 22:04
I guess that's to prevent you from using huge multipliers, and therefore there should be no way to disable it.

If you want to fake such high uploads use the PMR.

PLZ dont mind but. Try google but nothing found. What is PMR??:rolleyes:

EDIT: OOPS Found it........ Its just an emulator not multiplier.

*** Another thing about Ratio Faker. When restart its forgot the previous value and set to default.

anon
03.04.09, 22:04
PMR = Pimp My Ratio.

You can get it from our Tools section.

mmmmm
03.04.09, 22:31
When restart its forgot the previous value and set to default.
u should close it not hang it up.
If u means exclusion then u should push save first.

alpacino
03.04.09, 23:40
I am anxious to see some news from SealLion, keep it buddy.

Also, has anyone tested it on IpT and RevTT? I can't afford to loose my accounts there, I ran out of invites :frown:

anon
03.04.09, 23:41
IPT = it works, just use a low download multiplier on well leeched-torrents.
RevTT = better use the PMR there, virtually risk-free.

SealLion
04.04.09, 18:09
I am anxious to see some news from SealLion, keep it buddy.

I'll probably have one set up in the Tutorial and FAQ section next week-end (April 10-12) or so.

Unfortunately, with all the images that I"ve set up so far as aids to the tutorial, it'll be a lengthy one, though.

anon
04.04.09, 20:22
Unfortunately, with all the images that I"ve set up so far as aids to the tutorial, it'll be a lengthy one, though.

That should be no problem as long as you don't hit the 15000 character limit. Images are a great resource to understanding tutorials. :top:

alpacino
05.04.09, 08:21
RF is a local proxy. The tracker can't know you're using the tool itself - using the wrong multiplier(s) is the only risk.

If I use it, then isn't RF who would be sending the announce? Is there a chance the tool itself corrupts the announce header or some part of it?

anon
05.04.09, 18:33
If I use it, then isn't RF who would be sending the announce? Is there a chance the tool itself corrupts the announce header or some part of it?

That shouldn't happen as long as the tool is well-coded, and RF is. Matías fixed a lot of announce errors since the first version.

eroe 0.34242

press k to terminate program

Do you have the .NET Framework installed?

Pokerbulan
05.04.09, 19:36
Does it go to multiply the upload when i have finished downloading? If it doesn't, wouldn't it look strange if first i upload with 0.7-1.5x my download speed and then upload about 50kB/s? (my real upload speed)

anon
05.04.09, 19:37
Does it go to multiply the upload when i have finished downloading?

As far as I know, no. While you download, your real upload is added. After you finish, only your real up is used so that you can seed.

If it doesn't, wouldn't it look strange if first i upload with 0.7-1.5x my download speed and then upload about 50kB/s? (my real upload speed)

Yes; but you can say you limited your upload speed. :tongue:

mmmmm
05.04.09, 20:01
read the first post again:

CHANGE: your real upload will be appended when you use "report my upload as x.x times my download". The final result then will be downloaded x multiplier + uploaded. That way, even if your download has been completed, you can continue seeding.

ur upload not multi but (+)means ur real upload.

anon
05.04.09, 23:05
Here (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=333325FD-AE52-4E35-B531-508D977D32A6) you are.

Tinkle
06.04.09, 05:47
i have a weird doubt
if i dint start RF and i did use the normal utorrent
i use local proxy 127.0.0.1 port 8282 rite
so if i am not using RF for a specific time should i remove these proxy or kepin this proxy in absence of ratio faker wont do any bad

alpacino
06.04.09, 07:39
i have a weird doubt
if i dint start RF and i did use the normal utorrent
so if i am not using RF for a specific time should i remove these proxy or kepin this proxy in absence of ratio faker wont do any bad

You should remove it or you won't be able to download and upload anything.

anon
06.04.09, 17:03

While you'll still be able to upload and download, you will be unable to announce to trackers. (Proxy Connect Error)

mmmmm
06.04.09, 18:04
IF my post was wrong then always there is an other things,my be any one could benefit from my fault or correct me also any mod can edit it and said its wrong answer but in my opinion I'm right cause that's happened to me once i forget to remove proxy settings from utorrent and RF was closed and when i opened Utorrent all torrents changed into red colour with NO up and dn.

anon
06.04.09, 18:40
@mmmmm: as far as I remember I deleted it because it said basically the same alpacino's post. I delete my posts as well if someone answered the same faster than me. But you're with that everyone can benefit from your experiences. :smile:

mmmmm
06.04.09, 20:41
@anon
I knew that u deleted the post cause i was mod in some forum for too long time and i have experiences about forums and mods any way that's not our talking;if some one post some information and another one post the same information but add even few words will benefit the others i never deleted it.

Best Wishes

Tinkle
10.04.09, 21:10
can nyone suggest what range for downloa multiplier people think is preferable to use at BCG

alpacino
10.04.09, 23:08
can nyone suggest what range for downloa multiplier people think is preferable to use at BCG
In my case I calculate a multiplier so that it would range from 100-150 Kb/s. If needed tell me your real speed I can help calculate the multipliers. :smile:

hellboy118
19.04.09, 00:18
as anyone got this working on Deluge yet.
Deluge has proxy settings but for the life of me i cant get it to work with it.
any testers willing to give it a shot.

Dark Knight
19.04.09, 06:08
well, could any1 suggest me a way To Use Ratiofaker as Ratio master...
Well i want to fake upload (Without Actually Downloading)at IPT...
and i Think Its Dangerous To Use RM there.......

alpacino
19.04.09, 10:13

You can use RM there no problems mate, I have been using it there all these days and no problem. Just follow the basic rules, choose an allowed client, use memory read and choose a healthy torrent.
:top:

Mihai
19.04.09, 14:57

Well you can't use ratio faker without downloading.

SealLion
19.04.09, 17:41
Well you can't use ratio faker without downloading.

That's correct.
One can't use the tool unless a legit session occurs. :smile:

MiCRON
20.04.09, 12:04
Do you still have to stop/start all torrents when changing values and mode? If you don't do that, what could it result to? Wrong stats?

anon
20.04.09, 16:24
Do you still have to stop/start all torrents when changing values and mode?

Yes.

If you don't do that, what could it result to? Wrong stats?

Possibly.

hellboy118
21.04.09, 18:44
as anyone got this working on Deluge yet.
Deluge has proxy settings but for the life of me i cant get it to work with it.
any testers willing to give it a shot.

AnyOne, been trying for ages and cant seem to do it.
Deluge (For Windows) has the Proxy settings (a few of them) but it just wont help.

alpacino
22.04.09, 00:05
AnyOne, been trying for ages and cant seem to do it.
Deluge (For Windows) has the Proxy settings (a few of them) but it just wont help.

Hey, did you follow the instruction on the first post?
The instructions tell you to do this

Insted try using "localhost" without quotes in the Host field.

hellboy118
22.04.09, 00:18
Hey, did you follow the instruction on the first post?
The instructions tell you to do this

Insted try using "localhost" without quotes in the Host field.

yes have tried both ways but still no go

EDIT

Must be a RatioFaker problem as it works with GreedyTorrent

MiCRON
22.04.09, 17:12
Are the chances of being caught with RF the same as GT when using upload multiplier? Are there any known issues about GT sending buggy announce?

Mihai
22.04.09, 18:35
Well no there aren't any.Greedy is as good as ratio faker but ratio faker has the "report upload as x download".It's maybe the only diference i know.

anon
22.04.09, 19:16
Are the chances of being caught with RF the same as GT when using upload multiplier?

There shouldn't be any as long as you don't use very high multipliers.

Are there any known issues about GT sending buggy announce?

GT doesn't work properly with uTorrent 1.8.2. It won't report your upload and download at all.

MiCRON
22.04.09, 20:35
I didn't know about the issues it has with 1.8.2, good thing I was given a heads up here before making any mess. I wanted to try GT because RF tends to crash on my machine when I have around 20-30 torrents running though not all of them have any down or up activity.

anon
22.04.09, 21:12
If you still want to try it, GT should still work correctly with old uTorrent versions such as 1.7.7 or 1.6.1. :smile:

alpacino
22.04.09, 23:26
I can confirm GT works perfectly with uT 1.7.7 as it was the first tool I used on some better trackers back in the old days. :)

anon, do you think these local proxy tools need to be regularly updated as clients get updated too? I mean, do new clients versions have noticeable announce headers change?

anon
22.04.09, 23:29
anon, do you think these local proxy tools need to be regularly updated as clients get updated too? I mean, do new clients versions have noticeable announce headers change?

It depends on how they're coded. If all Ratio Faker does is looking for the numbers after &uploaded=, &downloaded= and &left= and changing them, theoretically it should work forever with any BitTorrent client - although the same was thought of GT as well...

SealLion
23.04.09, 05:17
I;d like to add something here that is a mild adjunct information to what anon mentions and that is 'why fix something that is'n't broke??"

It's like an old millwright's saying: If it ain't broke, don't fix it'

GT still works well, you know.

And if GT fails to work on updated uT clients,....oh, well. There's always somebody that'll replace it, yes??

And if it won't be that, there's always the other options: You don't necessarily have to use the newest client that's out. There's a tonne load of sites that still accept uT v 1.6.1. And both GT and RF work well with that client version.

I use it, and I am very positive that there are many, many other people that do as well. Not too many sites that I"ve come across dis-allow the use of that client.
And I am sure that you know the reason(s).

Also, just b/c it hasn't been updated in awhile doesn't necessarily suggest that it cannot work correctly or properly.

Perhaps it'll stop working when some announce script of the tracker site is changed. Until then........

Mind you, perhaps there does need to be an update to GT with respect to some issues, but look at RM.

It didn't have an update since 2 years or so ago.

Until just recently, yes??
That thing worked pretty good.
It worked 'ok' actually.
It was actually the first spoof tool that I used before I switched over to 'Sarmin Mod', which by the way,still works very good, you know.

So. The moral of the story:
No software will ever be absolutely perfect.
There's always some kind of bug to it. And then even more bugs that are found thereafter, yes??

One must either wait for updates, try something different, or use a replacement, yes??

alpacino
23.04.09, 09:11
yes have tried both ways but still no go

EDIT

Must be a RatioFaker problem as it works with GreedyTorrent

Just tried Deluge for windows 1.1.6 and ratiofaker 0.9.10 to discover it doesn't work for me either. I keep getting this error in log:

03:02:32 Invalid request! Could not parse host and/or port.

Tried changing to many different ports but still didn't work.
The client still downloads and uploads data despite the erros, but it's not cheating.
So I think only Matias could work this out to make it compatible with Deluge.

hellboy118
23.04.09, 13:10
Just tried Deluge for windows 1.1.6 and ratiofaker 0.9.10 to discover it doesn't work for me either. I keep getting this error in log:

03:02:32 Invalid request! Could not parse host and/or port.

Tried changing to many different ports but still didn't work.
The client still downloads and uploads data despite the erros, but it's not cheating.
So I think only Matias could work this out to make it compatible with Deluge.

yup thats the same that happens to me.

who?
28.04.09, 02:15
this project is no longer being developed looks like

alpacino
28.04.09, 07:33
this project is no longer being developed looks like

Why do you think that man? I'm sure the original coder will add updates when he feels necessary. Like Deluge compatibility for example would be nice. :top:

MiCRON
28.04.09, 13:08
I never see the RF's development dying anytime soon as there were some frequent updates recently. I agree with alpacino, a support for more clients would be nice. Add an upload multiplier range too then I'll risk my hardest to get accounts. haha!

mmmmm
28.04.09, 17:01
Matías still study these days he will have exams soon as i know ,so be patient.

nano2008
29.04.09, 01:01
it works with me in some trackers very good

SBfreak
29.04.09, 01:03
Please specify the trackers.It would be of great help for some of us.

bo093
30.04.09, 12:04
Im having this very big problem.
It like to crash.
Every 10 min crash.

I can`t create a error log due to my is the non-install version.

anon
30.04.09, 18:19
I can`t create a error log due to my is the non-install version.

The error log is still generated at:

%userprofile%Local SettingsApplication DataRatio Faker
if I'm not mistaken.

bo093
01.05.09, 04:21
The error log is still generated at:

%userprofile%Local SettingsApplication DataRatio Faker
if I'm not mistaken.

Wrong place.
But I found it.

I switch to the installer version.
It still crash.

Here some more info
Im seeding some stuff while downloading.

Here the error log. Hope you can help.

anonftw
01.05.09, 04:27
Do you have alot of torrents in your client at once? I know, when I have alot of torrents reporting at the same time, RatioFaker crashes for me. The only solution that works on my computer is to stop them and then to start one at a time to spead the announces apart.

anon
02.05.09, 00:47
@bo093: the number of "an established connection was aborted..." lines makes it look like you're saturating your connection like anonftw said.

Stop all torrents and start each one by one with a few minutes' pause between them.

Mihai
03.05.09, 16:18
I just found a little bug in vuze that we can use alll the time.Look at this image.
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/6218/chestie.th.png (http://img12.imageshack.us/my.php?image=chestie.png)
I just downloaded those and i used ratio faker.I didn't really upload anything.But look at the ratio.It showes 0,99.And at the botom i have a torrent were it showes upload 600mb.Lol.:eek:I didn't upload anything.I think it's because of ratio faker.I will try on more torrents to be sure but i can't believe it.If this really works we can show proof anytime to someone that we uploaded that much.:klatsch_3:

anon
03.05.09, 20:06
I just downloaded those and i used ratio faker.I didn't really upload anything.But look at the ratio.It showes 0,99.And at the botom i have a torrent were it showes upload 600mb.

Wow :eek: And you're using Ratio Faker along Azureus? Can you check this with more torrents and no upload enabled?

Mihai
03.05.09, 20:34
Wow :eek: And you're using Ratio Faker along Azureus? Can you check this with more torrents and no upload enabled?

I tryed but i can't do it again.I was using using utorrent and i downloaded a part of it then i used vuze with ratio faker.I will try again step by step.

alpacino
04.05.09, 00:55
Are you sure you didn't flash it somehow? Be careful depending on the tracker OK?

Mihai
04.05.09, 09:25
Are you sure you didn't flash it somehow? Be careful depending on the tracker OK?

I didn't flash it.I don't know for sure how but i will try again maybe i can repeat it.I'm not at home now but as soon as i get home i will try again and again.Wish me luck:biggrin:

bo093
04.05.09, 11:20
I done what you did and some other stuff.

IT work no crash. But still few errors.

I start 1 torrent at a time. I run around 3 torrent.
I deleted some unused or offline tracker. I had more that 10 tracker in my torrent. :tongue: .

Thanks guys or girls.

Mihai
04.05.09, 15:08
I done what you did and some other stuff.

IT work no crash. But still few errors.

I deleted some unused or offline tracker. I had more that 10 tracker in my torrent. :tongue: .

Thanks guys or girls.

You mean you downloaded the same torrent from a few trakers and then ratio faker reported that you downloaded the same amount from all those trakers??
If so then it sounds quite interesting.Its like using DHT and you report to the traker all the amount.Nice work.:top:

anon
04.05.09, 16:27

That explains it :wink: It's a lot better if you delete dead and UDP trackers in uTorrent, they're just a waste of traffic.

You mean you downloaded the same torrent from a few trakers and then ratio faker reported that you downloaded the same amount from all those trakers??

Yes, that's multi-tracker support :tongue: It's mostly used on public torrents, although TvT for example uses four tracker URLs.

Mihai
04.05.09, 18:19
That explains it :wink: It's a lot better if you delete dead and UDP trackers in uTorrent, they're just a waste of traffic.

Yes, that's multi-tracker support :tongue: It's mostly used on public torrents, although TvT for example uses four tracker URLs.

And there is no chance they can catch me??'Cause i really wanna do it often.

anon
04.05.09, 19:12
If you mean announcing on all trackers what you've downloaded from one of them, no. That's how normal clients behave.

Mihai
04.05.09, 19:24
If you mean announcing on all trackers what you've downloaded from one of them, no. That's how normal clients behave.

Well that's great news.I didn't know about that.

SBfreak
12.05.09, 20:58
I get the following message when I try to acces the ratio faker page....
It appears that you have not been invited to read this blog. If you think it is a mistake, you may wish to contact the blog author and request them an invitation.

anon
12.05.09, 21:02
I get the same message about the blog being invite-only. Matías is busy with school at the moment but hopefully we'll hear from him soon. :smile:

Haytham
13.05.09, 02:41
can anyone tell me how to solve this ?

http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/8773/sshot1g.png

it's appear when i try to put the data in Utorrent !!

alpacino
13.05.09, 04:45
It seems your uTorrent isn't accepting these numbers as integers. If you copied and pasted, erase the fields completely or hit cancel and config again, but this time type those values, instead of pasting them. If uT still nudges you, try typing localhost in the proxy field.

an4rew
13.05.09, 16:57
I was using Greedy on my windows pc for a year... this mod is way better.

It doesn't report the same ratio everytime, nice work!

anon
13.05.09, 18:52
can anyone tell me how to solve this ?

Perhaps your regional settings are making Windows parse "127.0.0.1" as a decimal number. Using localhost instead like alpacino said should solve it, but this cause problems if you have the IPv6 protocol installed. If not, everything should be fine. :top:

Haytham
13.05.09, 20:12
Now it's work fine :biggrin:

i just selcted this option resolve hostnames through proxy

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/4008/sshot1f.png

thanks anon and alpacino for helping :top:

gforce
14.05.09, 10:40
could you please explain how to use it?i put in the host proxy and it's working i think but what do i have to do after these?(Each 1 MB you upload will be reported as 2.496 upload)does this mean that if i upload 10 mb it will be reported as 10*2.496?when do i have to stop the torrents?after or before i change the value?

i found out how to use it ....although i don't know what values to put in

anon
14.05.09, 19:03
Merged.

(Each 1 MB you upload will be reported as 2.496 upload)does this mean that if i upload 10 mb it will be reported as 10*2.496?

Yes.

when do i have to stop the torrents?after or before i change the value?

Before doing so.

i found out how to use it ....although i don't know what values to put in

Go to our Talk section and read others' experiences, if they tested RF at a tracker they'll have posted which settings they used.

PL31884
16.05.09, 12:23
I'm not a user of this program, but based on what I've seen on different screenshots...

it looks like the multiplier that is randomly determined every time the client sends an announce to the tracker applies to ALL prior data exchanges, instead of just applying to the data exchanged since the last client announce.

This is very, very bad, as it can make you easily detectable if this is actually the way it works.

Example :

First client announce. Suppose total real data exchanged up to this point (doesn't matter whether it's upload or download or your settings, the theoretical problem is the same) is d1 MB, with a m1 random multiplier. (m1*d1) MB are declared.

Now, second client announce. Real total data exchanged up to this point = d2 > d1.
Now the program randomly selects a multiplier of m2, and therefore will declare (m2*d2) MB.

Which is REALLY bad because if it ever happens that m2 < m1*(d1/d2), m2*d2 will end up INFERIOR to m1*d1, ie you'll be announcing LESS data than you did the last time... there's obviously a cheat program in action here.

As a note, saying "that's why you need to keep max and min values close" does not solve the issue, because the d1/d2 ratio will always keep augmenting closer to 1 with time, and so unless you set the max and min ratio to be exactly the same, the situation WILL arise at one point or another (unless you only download small torrents where the relative proportion of data exchanged between two announces is huge).

What SHOULD be done instead, is this :

Let's say the real data exchanged up to the previous announce was d1, and that then announced data to the tracker was md1 (modified data 1).

Suppose it's now time for the new client announce. Real data exchanged up to this point is d2. Randomly select your m2 multiplier between min and max as usual, BUT instead of simply calculating md2=m2*d2, calculate

md2 = m2*(d2-d1)+md1

This not only ensures that nothing will ever go wrong, it's also far, far more realistic in its behavior.

Seriously - this is an imperative.

Have a good day.

anon
16.05.09, 21:53
it looks like the multiplier that is randomly determined every time the client sends an announce to the tracker applies to ALL prior data exchanges, instead of just applying to the data exchanged since the last client announce.

BitTorrent clients only report the amounts that have been downloaded and uploaded since the last announce, and Ratio Faker only multiplies what it's sent. I have just checked this.

You should test the program before posting :wink:

abookhalil
22.05.09, 00:30
i am new for using this tool .. it looks
great . but i have some questions

1- it depends on leechers or not...?
2- the best reports my upload number
( also my uploads too bad so can i make it download )
3- can i use it with all trackers or not...?
4- listen port can i change it to the real port in my router..?

anon
22.05.09, 00:32
1. The upload multiplier relies on you uploading. The download multiplier reports your upload as a multiplier of your download, but is riskier to use.
2. What do you mean?
3. Check others' experiences.
4. That's not necessary, since RF works as a local proxy.

abookhalil
22.05.09, 00:44
2- http://i43.tinypic.com/mj76tu.jpg

i mean that my upload too low max 35 kb/sec so can i make it download in ( times my )

anon
22.05.09, 00:46

That should be fine - your upload speed will be reported as being the same as your download. But don't set both values to exactly 1.000 so that RF may randomize your speeds, and this setting doesn't work at every tracker.

abookhalil
22.05.09, 00:56
1.56 to 2.3 will be good or make it higher or lower..?

anon
22.05.09, 00:57
Depends on the tracker (do a search), but in general reporting an upload higher than your download isn't a good idea.

StealthLeecher
22.05.09, 03:41
how to use ratio faker with deluge

alpacino
22.05.09, 07:44
It seems it still don't work in deluge, take a look (http://www.sb-innovation.de/f46/ratio-faker-0-9-10-a-10134/index6.html#post87254). Why don't you give greedytorrent a try?

abookhalil
24.05.09, 11:16
http://i44.tinypic.com/17a62v.jpg

always when i open utorrent.... why..??

alpacino
24.05.09, 11:23
always when i open utorrent.... why..??I don't understand what's your problem, can you elaborate?

abookhalil
24.05.09, 11:53
i mean the red color in utorrent . it should be green...??

mmmmm
24.05.09, 13:03
u should tell us whats in tracker status?

abookhalil
24.05.09, 15:10
look at the pic u will find the status :wink:

shoulder
24.05.09, 15:18
He means tracker status, not the normal one. :wink2:

mmmmm
24.05.09, 17:37
see this:

http://i44.tinypic.com/jr2p8i.jpg

abookhalil
24.05.09, 18:59
http://i41.tinypic.com/25f0jv6.jpg

u mean this ..:wink2:

anon
24.05.09, 19:01
Update In: 29m 59s

Music-Vids is obviously working.

Perhaps you forgot to open RF when you made post #128?

Dark Knight
25.05.09, 23:07
well can i use this With DeluGe 1.1.8 ?

abookhalil
27.05.09, 19:33
302 Stats for info_hash u9682fy5ss8f5vhy2sedw4v8i7d5dc2g5yr65q3:
1302 Download: 0.00 B, Upload: 0.00 B, Upload (modified): 0.00 B, Ratio: 2.032
1302 Reported to IPTorrents.com :: Where Speed Speaks (http://www.iptorrents.com) on port 80.
Ñam ñam, I'm eating your error
1354 An error has ocurred! An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
1338 An error has ocurred! An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Ñam ñam eating my error .... how ...?:biggrin:

anon
27.05.09, 19:34
I think that appears when you choose not to generate an error.log. :tongue:

abookhalil
27.05.09, 19:42
http://i43.tinypic.com/2ly20sy.jpg

u mean this..?

can i change this port ..?

anon
27.05.09, 19:44
You can, but you'll also need to change it in uTorrent's proxy settings.

abookhalil
28.05.09, 14:31
i am using windows 7 after 15 min this error appears

Description:
Stopped working

Files that help describe the problem:
C:UsersY0AppDataLocalTempWERA58C.tmp.WERInternalMe tadata.xml
C:UsersY0AppDataLocalTempWERDC17.tmp.hdmp

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Pre-Release (Release Candidate) Privacy Statement Highlights (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409)

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:Windowssystem32en-USerofflps.txt

anon
28.05.09, 21:45
Can you compress and attach those two dump files?

abookhalil
28.05.09, 23:52
17 Mb :eek3:

RapidShare: Easy Filehosting (http://rapidshare.com/files/238299332/Walid_El_Masry.rar.html)

mmmmm
01.06.09, 12:01
Any one have Bithumen tried RF with it?

abookhalil
04.06.09, 01:38
@mmmmm

works perfectly , also mratio works :top:

abookhalil
05.06.09, 19:21
Can you compress and attach those two dump files?

did you find solution for this problem....??

anon
05.06.09, 19:23
I can only suggest you to try reinstalling the .NET Framework. Didn't try RF on Windows 7... perhaps it's not compatible.

SBfreak
05.06.09, 19:26
What windows 7 build are you using?.Ratio Faker works on both 7100 and 7201 builds.Tested by me

abookhalil
05.06.09, 19:43
@ anon
can not be deleted

@SBfreak

7077 build

SBfreak
05.06.09, 19:54
Try installing the newest windows 7 build. 7201

MiCRON
15.06.09, 14:34
I've noticed that the RF official site has closed it's doors to the public. Is it closed to SB-I too? What I mean is, is 0.9.10 the last update we'll get?

anon
15.06.09, 19:33
I've noticed that the RF official site has closed it's doors to the public. Is it closed to SB-I too?

We were only reposting the versions available in Matías's blog. I think he's having exams at the moment.

MiCRON
15.06.09, 20:16
Oh, thanks for clarifying that up. The program is fine, I just thought that any update of it won't be available to us. :biggrin:

Im2bz2p345
01.07.09, 04:40
Can anyone help me configure this with Vuze (used to be called Azureus)?

I am using the latest version: Ratio Faker 0.9.10

I just can't figure out where to put the Host 127.0.0.1 and Port 8282 in Vuze. When I go to Tools -> Options -> Connections -> Proxy Options, what should I have check marked and where do I change the Host and Port (there are two areas that ask for Host and Port)?

Really trying to get this to work with Vuze because I've been reading it's quite good at what it does! Thanks.

~ Busypee

alpacino
01.07.09, 06:30
You only need to set the first one "Tracker Communications". Mark "Enable proxying of tracker communications", fill in the fields with hosts and port, leave username a password blank and don't click "I have a SOCKS proxy". Then restart Vuze. :top:

Im2bz2p345
01.07.09, 09:53
You only need to set the first one "Tracker Communications". Mark "Enable proxying of tracker communications", fill in the fields with hosts and port, leave username a password blank and don't click "I have a SOCKS proxy". Then restart Vuze. :top:

Thank you for that quick and detailed reply alpacino! It works great now. I appreciate it a lot sir.

All the best,

~ Busypee :)

anon
01.07.09, 15:20
Really trying to get this to work with Vuze because I've been reading it's quite good at what it does! Thanks.

You could give the Extreme Mod a try. It has more cheating options and you won't need to keep RF open. :smile:

Im2bz2p345
02.07.09, 00:19
You could give the Extreme Mod a try. It has more cheating options and you won't need to keep RF open. :smile:

Thanks for the kind suggestion anon! I actually use Shu Mod, but I would be willing to try out Extreme Mod since I have not tested it before.

Are there a lot of differences?

~ Busypee :)

anon
02.07.09, 00:20
The Extreme Mod lets you spoof other BitTorrent clients such as uTorrent, BitTornado, Deluge, etc.

Hellboy
08.07.09, 04:29
getting this error : Could not contact the update server: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. :confused2:
Help me please

anon
08.07.09, 18:40
Can you announce without Ratio Faker? Which tracker is it?

ngEAr
16.07.09, 02:48
Is it possible to fake using completed downloads in my uTorrent that i did in the past? If yes then how , didn't manage to realize it myself.

alpacino
16.07.09, 03:36
Is it possible to fake using completed downloads in my uTorrent that i did in the past? If yes then how , didn't manage to realize it myself.

If those old torrents are still on your downloading list, then yes it is possible. If not, then you can load them up again and re-seed. But remember that ratio faker needs traffic to fake, because it multiplies your stats, so any faking torrent must be up and running with minimum traffic.

anon
16.07.09, 19:16
Or if you can't get to upload, use the RatioMaster with 100% done. :top:

ngEAr
17.07.09, 16:00
Could not contact the update server: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

What's that?

alpacino
17.07.09, 16:59
Could not contact the update server: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

What's that?

Do you have this error and then ratiofaker isn't working? I guess this error is regarding updating the app itself, so should be no problem if you ignore this message.

anon
17.07.09, 17:36
alpacino is right. I guess RF can't check for updates since Matías's blog is now invite-only :frown:

SBfreak
17.07.09, 18:20
I've been trying to contact him but I can't get anywhere...

anon
17.07.09, 18:22
It's a bit sad. The last thing I heard about him is that he was busy with exams, but my country is on winter holidays at the moment! :tongue:

I hope he hasn't abandoned RF :frown:

ngEAr
17.07.09, 20:13
Another problem:

After i close it and start again , i receive message ".exe is not a valid win32 application".
In order to get it work i need to unrar archive , then it works again. It happens after i close and start again.

anon
17.07.09, 20:13
Perhaps your AV detects a false positive on the EXE and tries to disinfect it, which results on RF being corrupted? Add an exception for it.

ngEAr
17.07.09, 20:38
I dont have AV , only FW turned on :)

anon
17.07.09, 20:39
I'd recommend a .NET Framework reinstall, then.

ngEAr
17.07.09, 20:40
Its better to use last version? I have 2.0 , 2.5 , 3.0 , 3.5 and other versions with SP 1

anon
17.07.09, 20:41
I have v3.5 installed and RF works fine. Try that one.

ngEAr
17.07.09, 20:47
I have v3.5 installed and RF works fine. Try that one.

I need to remove all previous versions and install only this one "3.5" ?

anon
17.07.09, 20:49
That could help. Use the cleanup tool after you've uninstalled them:
Aaron Stebner's WebLog : Updated version of the .NET Framework cleanup tool that can remove the .NET Framework 3.5 RTM (http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2007/12/04/6659905.aspx)

alpacino
17.07.09, 20:58
Another problem:

After i close it and start again , i receive message ".exe is not a valid win32 application".
In order to get it work i need to unrar archive , then it works again. It happens after i close and start again.

If you can run it OK after unraring again, then something is corrupting the .exe (like anon said) over and over again. If not an AV, then are you using any anti-spyware? You know that some tend to act like anti-virus these days. I really don't think a clean .NET reinstall would help here, but it doesn't hurt to try.

ngEAr
17.07.09, 21:31
OK , after reinstalling it , the all versions that i have deleted pops out again in ADD/REMOVE.
o_O ROFL
It didn't help , nope im not using anything. Only Firewall.

Im starting to think of making Format...

anon
17.07.09, 21:40
Extract the attached ZIP on RF's folder, and run RatioFaker-0.9.10.exe. I have packed the executable to see if it makes any difference.

mmmmm
17.07.09, 22:03
Back to Ratio Faker (http://ratiofaker.blogspot.com/)

Hi,

Ratio Faker development is suspended till further notice.

Regards.

Matías have other projects like uremote (http://uremote.blogspot.com/) i don't know the other projects please if any one know any project for Matías tell me or post it here.

anon
17.07.09, 22:06
Yes, I knew Matías also codes uRemote (he's a member at the uTorrent forums), but this:

Hi,

Ratio Faker development is suspended till further notice.

Regards.

Is bad. :frown: At least GT works with uTorrent 1.8.3, should RF stop working in the future...

ngEAr
18.07.09, 02:43
Nah its the same after Format ^^

anon
18.07.09, 18:46
Damaged HDD, perhaps? :redface:

A chkdsk surface check or level 4 SpinRite should be enough to know this.

ngEAr
20.07.09, 22:42
--> Message:
A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 66.29.81.115:80
--> Source:
System
--> Stacktrace:
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect(EndPoint remoteEP)
at .(Object )
--> Target Site:
Void DoConnect(System.Net.EndPoint, System.Net.SocketAddress)
--> Data:

What is that?

anon
20.07.09, 22:43
Please use the QUOTE tag. That's a timeout.

SumoTracker, right? I think it's normal, then. I get them all the time when loading one of their torrents, even without RF.

ngEAr
20.07.09, 23:00
22:40:20 An error has ocurred! A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 66.29.81.115:80
An error has occurred: check the error log in C:Documents and SettingsgyroballLocal SettingsApplication DataRatioFakererror.log

anon
20.07.09, 23:01
Again, use the QUOTE tag!

I already explained what the error message means. You shouldn't worry about it, SumoTracker timeouts are normal.

ngEAr
20.07.09, 23:40
Yeah , one tracker in the torrent list is dead.

A-Day
29.07.09, 23:09
tried this out with ut 1.8.3 and got this error when downloading from TBP,

--> Message:
No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.121.86.3:80
--> Source:
System
--> Stacktrace:
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect(EndPoint remoteEP)
at .(Object )
--> Target Site:
Void DoConnect(System.Net.EndPoint, System.Net.SocketAddress)
--> Data:

i set it up in utorrent fine and couldn't connect, but as soon as i disabled the proxy in utorrent, it immediately started downloading the torrent.

anon
29.07.09, 23:10
Reinstall .NET or use GreedyTorrent, which works fine with uT 1.8.3.

cheatos
05.08.09, 22:04
i'm getting slow speeds when using RF with proxy (client= BitTorrent)
so does using a proxy also tunnels the downloaded data?
or just it tunnels the announce ?

anon
05.08.09, 22:04
so does using a proxy also tunnels the downloaded data?

It shouldn't.

cheatos
05.08.09, 22:07
strange i'm getting 30kB/s instead of 500+ :confused2:,
guess i'll need to tested another torrent...

(btw the torrent i'm leeching is from TL and it has plenty of seeders 100+)

anon
05.08.09, 22:10
You should check if the problem happens without the proxy... but since RF only takes tracker connections, this shouldn't be the cause.

cheatos
07.08.09, 18:02
solved:
it was Windows 7 tcp ip limit that was causing the slow down :mad2:

anon
07.08.09, 18:06
TCP-Z! :biggrin:

That limitation always causes trouble... specially if an update overwrites the patched file.

cheatos
07.08.09, 18:16
TCP-Z! :biggrin:

That limitation always causes trouble... specially if an update overwrites the patched file.

well TCP-Z (Patching the tcp ip sys file) is for win xp only :biggrin:,
so i used this:

TCP-Z, Best TCP/IP Patch: Universal Tcpip.sys Patch (http://deepxw.blogspot.com/search/label/Universal%20Tcpip.sys%20Patch)

it says:

Notice: The newest Windows Vista/2008 SP2, Windows 7 is unlimited in default

anyway i dont know why its not unlimited for me :eek13:, i raised the limit to 75 and the speed is back again :klatsch_3:

who?
22.08.09, 20:43
Getting a lot of connectivity issues using this and newer utorrent builds such as 1.8.3 and 1.8.4 anybody else getting this too?

anon
22.08.09, 20:44
Getting a lot of connectivity issues

Posting the error message and on which tracker(s) you get it would help.

who?
22.08.09, 22:30
Proxy Connect Error: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted

I've tried changing ports, disabling firewall, resetting my socks. It worked fine before 1.8.3 update.

on just about every tracker

anon
22.08.09, 22:34
Normally that means another app is already using RF's port, but you said you tried that.

RF 0.9.10 works fine here. :confused:

Perhaps you can try GreedyTorrent if you can't find a solution.

who?
22.08.09, 22:36
Which version of utorrent are you using?

anon
22.08.09, 22:37
uTorrent 1.8.4 Build 16150.

who?
22.08.09, 22:40
Damn, is there any way to check for interference? It works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't but most of the times it doesn't.

RFs log window reads:
15:38:55 An error has ocurred! A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 70.47.114.223:34000 [what.cd]

What could possibly cause this?

anon
22.08.09, 22:41
Ñam ñam = you've ticked the "I don't need an error log" checkbox
"A connection attempt failed..." = timeout (connection problem). This has multiple causes, such as the tracker being down (less likely) or an issue with your ISP. It can also be a program problem (like with the RM).

who?
22.08.09, 22:49
Hmmm, I can't even announce to what.cd with proxy settings turned off, do you know what could make this happen? Can you check if you can announce to a what.cd torrent if you don't mind?

anon
22.08.09, 22:50
Sorry, I can't do that at the moment, because I have used my current IP on a site connected to What.cd and I can't seem to change it. But the site seems to be up. If the tracker isn't down (less likely) then it's definitely a problem with your connection.

who?
22.08.09, 23:02
I'm also occasionally getting "connection closed by peer" when trying to connect. :/

anon
22.08.09, 23:03
That ones has multiple causes, too:

A connection was forcibly closed by a peer. This normally results from a loss of the connection on the remote socket due to a timeout or a restart. On a datastream socket, the connection was reset. This reset could be generated locally by the network system when it detects a connection failure, or it might be received from the remote host (in TCP terms, the remote host sent an RST packet). This error is also possible on a datagram socket; for instance, this error could result if your application sends a UDP datagram to a host, which rejects it by responding with an ICMP Port Unreachable.

Error Message: (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc957018.aspx)

who?
23.08.09, 11:59
Do you know if there is any Windows service that I might have disabled which would prompt these errors by any chance?

Works flawlessly with TL and TB and crap like that but with What.CD and Waffles it becomes the biggest PITA...

anon
23.08.09, 19:24
I indeed have the same error as you on Waffles, the log doesn't even show it's announcing at all, and after a while the connection times out. :confused:

So I don't think it's a service problem, but just in case, these are the ones I have enabled:

Windows Audio
DHCP Client
DNS Client
DCOM Process Initiator
Remote Procedure Call
Plug and Play
Task Scheduler
Event Log
Background Intelligent Transfer Service
Cyphering Services
Network Connections

Software-specific:

NOD32 Kernel Service
Sandboxie Service
User Profile Hive Cleanup

who?
23.08.09, 22:46
Hmm, maybe those trackers are experiencing high loads Waffles is understandable but idk why What.CD wouldn't be responsive... I even went as far as trying torrentit which is another Gazelle tracker but practically a 0day What.CD (same announce port (34000)) and it worked flawlessly :rolleyes2:

alpacino
23.08.09, 22:54
Hmm, maybe those trackers are experiencing high loads Waffles is understandable but idk why What.CD wouldn't be responsive... I even went as far as trying torrentit which is another Gazelle tracker but practically a 0day What.CD (same announce port (34000)) and it worked flawlessly :rolleyes2:

Yesterday I saw for the first time waffles telling about overload, when I was trying to login. Later today I was talking to Mihai and he told me what.cd is experience heavy loads and there's something about server change too. This might the problem.

who?
23.08.09, 23:02
You hit the nail on the head alpacino.

What.CD: "Yes, we know about this. The tracker is currently (and temporarily) on a different server that can't handle all the connections, so many of them time out. It will be fixed. Please stop telling us about it now." - pyth3n

Waffles: Members are claiming it is due to the freeleech and heavy loads, a mod reported that the tracker is working fine and it is a local issue, and "Mr. J" (SysOp) recognizes there is a problem and is requesting users experiencing this problem to post tracerts in the appropriate thread created to diagnose it.

ngEAr
26.08.09, 07:21
I can't start it , im always getting dont send error for that .exe
I had deleted application data and re-downloaded the file.

anon
26.08.09, 14:43
And this was with the packed EXE I gave you?

I'd suggest an OS reinstall, lol.

ngEAr
26.08.09, 16:15
Yeap that one :S
When im starting it , i receive cmd console with DW20.exe

anon
26.08.09, 20:06
Yes, DW20.EXE is the error reporting tool. You've tried reinstalling .NET and such, but to no avail... I have ran out of ideas :redface:

ngEAr
26.08.09, 20:21
I had to use system restore to 1month back , somehow deleted .NET since there was a bug with uninst. Now it works

anon
26.08.09, 20:21
At last :biggrin:

oksh
28.08.09, 08:12
i am using it on TL , revolutiontt tvtorrentz is that ok or what
i need the answer quickly

alpacino
28.08.09, 09:07
i am using it on TL , revolutiontt tvtorrentz is that ok or what
i need the answer quickly

Should be ok as long as you don't get greedy and don't use unrealistic multipliers.

anon
28.08.09, 14:21
TL = any non-extremely high settings should work. I used GT with the download multiplier on torrents without leechers back in 2007 and was never caught.
RevTT = the same, but stop before the update - their mods monitor peerlists. Or you can use the PMR.
TvTorrentz = I don't know, but you can make a dupe account (there are 51 spots left at the time of this post) and check what works and what doesn't.

shoulder
28.08.09, 14:36
For revTT I'd rather recommend the PMR as it's staff sometimes looks at the peerlist and may ask for a speedtest if using high speeds.

dongwonlee
08.09.09, 06:13
this work on utorrent 1.8.3?

vDD+wR
08.09.09, 09:56
I guess it should, since it's stated in the first post, that RatioFakers functionality was tested on µTorrent 1.8.x.

Should work with any client that support http proxy, but I've only tested with µTorrent 1.8.x.

dbj
08.09.09, 10:58
which should go without bann

anon
08.09.09, 15:16
which should go without bann

What do you mean?

You won't be banned with the right settings, that's for sure.

deepforce
08.09.09, 23:53
just btw.

it unfortunately crashes with Mac OS and XP in Parallels

deepforce
19.09.09, 18:56
Does anyone know if I can have Ratio Faker or any other Proxy Ratio Tool as a proxy in a network and route my mac torrent client to the win xp machine with ratio faker running?

anon
19.09.09, 18:57
I think that should work if RF can take non-loopback connections. The only way to know this is trying it.

deepforce
19.09.09, 21:21
For me it didn't work but I am not sure if my router/firewall setup is right to be able to.

Can anyone confirm this?

alpacino
27.09.09, 10:30
I have a question: If you are using a given upload multiplier on a given session, would it be bad if you lower this multiplier? I mean, it's ok if you increase it, as RF alters the &uploaded string right? So the tracker could detect you with a script that detects a lowered total uploaded amount in one session. Unless I'm missing something here :biggrin:.

anon
27.09.09, 10:32
That should be no problem - the tracker will see that you "uploaded" less than the last time, which by itself is nothing suspicious.

So the tracker could detect you with a script that detects a lowered total uploaded amount in one session.

The upload you've already reported is stored server-side and can't be decreased, not even by sending negative values.

alpacino
27.09.09, 10:48
That should be no problem - the tracker will see that you "uploaded" less than the last time, which by itself is nothing suspicious.
I'm still confused, doesn't RF report a multiplied uT uploaded (total) column?

The upload you've already reported is stored server-side and can't be decreased, not even by sending negative values.Let me try to explain what my doubt is, suppose I use a high multiplier, then next I use a lower multiplier. This will make the total uploaded amount report, a decreased one. In this case, how then can it differentiate? :confused:

anon
27.09.09, 10:50
I saw you were going to reply, so I stayed up a few more minutes. :tongue:

I'm still confused, doesn't RF report a multiplied uT uploaded (total) column?

As far as I know, uTorrent only reports what it has uploaded since the last announce, so that's the only thing RF can cheat on. If RF took your whole uploaded amount, faked it, and reported it, you'd be faking on every announce.

Now anon -> :g63yb5:

alpacino
27.09.09, 11:24
I saw you were going to reply, so I stayed up a few more minutes. :tongue:I thought so, thanks. Now I'll leave yet another reply.

As far as I know, uTorrent only reports what it has uploaded since the last announce, so that's the only thing RF can cheat on. If RF took your whole uploaded amount, faked it, and reported it, you'd be faking on every announce.

That's pretty strange, from what I've been looking here on RF log and from packet sniffing, it is reporting the multiplied grand total on each announce. :rolling_eyes: So my statement is still plausible I guess.
Example on RF log:

05:19:17 Download: *.**, Upload: xy.zw MB, Upload (modified): abc.de MB, Ratio: f,gh
05:19:17 Reported to tracker.*********.net on port 80.
In this case I can assure you RF is reporting "xy.zw" as the total uploaded amount as seen on uT uploaded column, even after having started RF way after the uT session started. :confused:

Now anon -> :g63yb5:
Now alpacino -> same, night watch is over :top:

anon
27.09.09, 20:17
That's pretty strange, from what I've been looking here on RF log and from packet sniffing, it is reporting the multiplied grand total on each announce. :rolling_eyes: ... even after having started RF way after the uT session started. :confused:

Interesting... and now I remember, Mihai mentioned this RF property several times. :redface:

What I don't really know is, even if the log entry showing the total upload is just for looks, and only the uploaded amount since the last announce is being reported (as I think it should), how is it getting that data? :confused: Can you check with another client?

cheatos
27.09.09, 21:02
@ Alpacino it happened to me too,
to make RF announce correctly(report the needed uT session) , you need to shutdown uTorrent & RF too as mentioned in Mihai's thread about the waffles method using RF.
:top:

alpacino
27.09.09, 23:33
Thanks both of you for your inputs. After a while, uT queued the torrent I was monitoring, so on the logs it sent the event stopped. After sometime I did a force start, and it seems everything is working as it should, as you said anon, i.e., RF sends a new announce with uploaded=0, and after the first announce everything seems to be going sharply, with correct uploaded amount reported. :top: I guess I became a little paranoid here. :tongue:.

anon
27.09.09, 23:34
Glad to hear that :top:

I guess I became a little paranoid here. :tongue:.

It's your tracker accounts that could have been at risk :wink:

deepforce
30.09.09, 14:56
Soo, since I am still trying to get it to run on OSX I tested new emulators:

Not working on Vmware fusion 2.0.5 , Parallels desktop 4, Crossover Pro 8 and it seems it accepts only loopback connections, doesnt work in a network as a proxy.

alpacino
06.10.09, 22:00
Is there any known issues with RF and uT 1.8.2? My log section is full with errors, even with the Chuck Norris option ticked. On the client side, there are no errors apparently. The errors are written in my language, even though I set RF to use english. The most common line is something like "A connection attempt failed ..." :confused:

anon
06.10.09, 22:02
The errors are written in my language, even though I set RF to use english.

That depends on your Windows install language.

What you mention sounds like several timeouts... I'll check with 1.8.2.

Edit: yes, did several tries and it won't work - "connection reset by peer". (That, "connection timed out" and "the device could work faster..." are the Windows messages I hate the most.) Without RF, uTorrent works perfectly.

By the way, I wouldn't advice turning scrape on... at least not with uT 1.8.2...

GET http://torrent.ubuntu.com:6969/scrape?info_hash=3%82%0d%b6%dd%5eY%28%d2%3b%c8%11% bb%ac%2fJ%e9L%b8%82 HTTP/1.1
You wouldn't want to GET the full URL if you weren't using a proxy, right? And while the Ubuntu tracker doesn't care, BitMeTV will.

alpacino
06.10.09, 22:29
That depends on your Windows install language.Yes, I figured :tongue:, I mentioned that, because I was worried I couldn't supply the correct translation of the error.

By the way, I wouldn't advice turning scrape on... at least not with uT 1.8.2...

GET http://torrent.ubuntu.com:6969/scrape?info_hash=3%82%0d%b6%dd%5eY%28%d2%3b%c8%11% bb%ac%2fJ%e9L%b8%82 HTTP/1.1
You wouldn't want to GET the full URL if you weren't using a proxy, right? And while the Ubuntu tracker doesn't care, BitMeTV will.
You mean RF can't send scrape requests correctly?

anon
06.10.09, 22:30
You mean RF can't send scrape requests correctly?

That's right, at least for uTorrent 1.8.2.

alpacino
06.10.09, 22:41
Good to know :top:, in this case I'll stick to GT for the moment. Hopefully GT is still working good :tongue:

anon
06.10.09, 22:47
Mmm... I just checked GT with uTorrent 1.8.4 Build 16688 and scrapes are sent correctly, but my upload and download wasn't reported. :/

alpacino
07.10.09, 01:13
anon, same here with GT + 1.8.2 build 15357 :confused:
I've been testing for the last hour and the announces seem to be correct according to smsniff but my stats aren't being reported. What could be the cause? Since packet sniffing sees them, why the tracker won't?

anon
07.10.09, 01:14
Since packet sniffing sees them

For me it didn't (on 1.8.4) - both values were reported as 0. I guess GT is too old to handle new clients correctly.